Droo_

Has anyone here ever used flotation tanks?

20 posts in this topic

If so, was it better than regular meditation?

I have used them. I was able to go very deep very quickly. If it was convenient I would have done it more often. I think they would be very helpful for someone who has trouble relaxing or is easily distracted during their meditations. I've had equally deep meditations outside of the tank. The tank just made it easier.

hmm, I've always been interested in those. Wondering if it's worth trying just for the experience of it.

I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating… and it gets everywhere

way better than meditation, it's really the price that keeps anyone from doing it more often but it's a worthwhile investment. 

400mg of L-theanine (supplement) beforehand will almost certainly provide a good experience. 

@Ry4n @Matthew85 Did you find that this improved your meditation habit? Also how practical is this for enlightenment?

Edited by Droo_

23 hours ago, Ry4n said:

400mg of L-theanine (supplement) beforehand will almost certainly provide a good experience. 

This is a must. 

I find that doing it early in the day is best as well. Empty stomach besides the L-theanine. 

I have very lucid dreams in the float tank and have had some intense experiences. It's been well worth the money. 

I have once. They are effective and relaxing. I remember feeling my body become totally relaxed and it being easier to focus and go deep into myself. When I got out, I felt like I was a low dose of mushrooms. 

"The eye with which I see God is the same eye with which God sees me." 

- Meister Eckhart

They can be a trip. It takes going regularly to see the best benefits

"You Create Magic" 

41 minutes ago, Droo_ said:

Did you find that this improved your meditation habit? Also how practical is this for enlightenment?

@Droo_ I was already meditating regularly when I used them. It will definitely help take your meditations to a new level. Any practice that helps you reach deeper more expanded levels of consciousness is useful for enlightenment. I would have kept doing it if there was place closer to me. 

Yep. Was an incredible experience. 1.5 hours in there, came out and felt like I had slept 8 hours.

3 hours ago, Droo_ said:

Did you find that this improved your meditation habit? Also how practical is this for enlightenment?

I would say so yeah; you could definitely have an experience of the void in there. Your awareness over thoughts is crystal clear in there because there's no other input besides your heartbeat and breathing. Once the stillness and silence underlying all experiences is "caught", the floodgates are open for non-dual experiences. Your concentration is superb in there also. Think of it like a low dose mushroom trip which can show you how to go deeper with meditation on your own through example. Just being shown what a powerfully deep meditative state is like alone is enough sometimes. The tank can help with that, but don't expect much on the first few times it is a practice like everything else. 

3 hours ago, Average Investor said:

This is a must. 

Ikr lol L-theanine is so fire, I get the best meditation experiences on it. More people should be talking about this on the forum. I mixed it with shrooms a few times which is amazing. 

@Droo_ try that first I reckon I wouldn't worry about microdosing in there until you've had at least a handful of floats under ya belt. It could be a cool idea for down the track though, (if it's shrooms that is, LSD would be too stimulating). 

@Droo_ Yes, very. The body can just shut down, you sort of are being put in a state where your body might feel like it's sleeping, but you are conscious.

I will be trying to trip inside the tank in the near future. Will post the results.

I really enjoy them I would say they are worth it.

"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

never tried it but i want to

i've seen one in a neighbourhood but didn't get around to try it

What? How did I miss that this was a thing? ?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Droo_ I have been there once, sober, meditating.

Couldn't really get into very deep meditation, but maybe I had difficulties to adjust and I had neck pain.

I regularly go to the sauna, followed by ice cold water. This does something to the body, I cannot even describe.

You don't necessarily need to go into cold water afterwards, you can just lie down somewhere.

I prefer going to the sauna atm. It's also cheaper than floating.

9/10. Salt water irritated my eyes if I touched my face. 

however the magnesium and whatever else they put in the water made my body feel like it was massaged fully, all my cells. Completely relaxed. No adrenaline. Bliss. Best sleep I may have ever had that night. 

so amazing. Definitely going to go back when I get a job. 

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening