Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WokeBloke

Only You Are Aware

61 posts in this topic

Just now, WokeBloke said:

Please enlighten me then :)

There's nobody to be enlightened; this is the giant joke of the whole thing! Saying there is "one being" or that one is "alone" are just alternate ways of expressing the insane realization that there are no beings in the Absolute. There is only the Absolute. So even saying "only you are aware" is already one being too many ;)

Just now, Jakuchu said:

Dude, stop it. Stop acting like an enlightened master. If you actually realised these things, you would lose your mind

To me, before, the idea that there is no one else seemed crazy. Now the the idea that there is someone else seems crazy

I know I have an infinite way to go. However, I know some stuff.

3 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

There's nobody to be enlightened; this is the giant joke of the whole thing! Saying there is "one being" or that one is "alone" are just alternate ways of expressing the insane realization that there are no beings in the Absolute. There is only the Absolute. So even saying "only you are aware" is already one being too many ;)

But since there is only the "absolute" doesn't that make the absolute all alone and also the one one that is aware lol. There is no-one separate from the absolute.

One could say the absolute enlightens itself.

Edited by WokeBloke

2 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

However, I know some stuff.

That is the problem 

2 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

That is the problem 

No it allows me to function in my world. Human begins are every ignorant about the universe (not in a derogatory sense). But they are also incredibly capable of good. Compared to infinity though yes my body is a piece of sand.

Edited by WokeBloke

1 minute ago, WokeBloke said:

But since there is only the "absolute" doesn't that make the absolute all alone and also the one one that is aware lol. There is no-one separate from the absolute.

One could say the absolute enlightens itself.

The Absolute is not a being. The Absolute just is. If you believe the Absolute is a single thing and not simultaneously one and many and every other form of concept, you have already entered duality. The Dao that can be spoken (or in this case, described) is not the Eternal Dao. 

Just now, OneHandClap said:

The Absolute is not a being. The Absolute just is. If you believe the Absolute is a single thing and not simultaneously one and many and every other form of concept, you have already entered duality. The Dao that can be spoken (or in this case, described) is not the Eternal Dao. 

I have not entered duality. I have said over and over again that I am all alone with no other.

I have not entered duality. I have said over and over again that I am all alone with no other.

"I am all alone"

Duality at work. In order for there to be "you," there must be other. 

5 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

No it allows me to function in my world. Human begins are every ignorant about the universe (not in a derogatory sense). But they are also incredibly capable of good. Compared to infinity though yes my body is a piece of sand.

You know too much to be a student and too little to be a teacher. So you are neither a student or a teacher. And not humble on top of that 

Which ends up making you unpleasent 

Edited by Jakuchu

Just now, OneHandClap said:

"I am all alone"

Duality at work. In order for there to be "you," there must be other. 

So is it more accurate to say I am with an other in your view?

Just now, WokeBloke said:

So is it more accurate to say I am with an other in your view?

I would say that nothing we can say of the Absolute is ultimately "true." The Absolute goes above and beyond literally every concept we apply to it. In our relative world, there are others. There is a you and a me. In the Absolute, there is nobody—not even "me" to feel that I am alone or with others. Ja feel? 

1 minute ago, Jakuchu said:

You know too much to be a humble student and too little to be a humble teacher. So you are neither a student or teacher. And not humble on top of that 

Everybody is my teacher and simultaneously for those that are receptive I teach everybody.

1 minute ago, OneHandClap said:

I would say that nothing we can say of the Absolute is ultimately "true." The Absolute goes above and beyond literally every concept we apply to it. In our relative world, there are others. There is a you and a me. In the Absolute, there is nobody—not even "me" to feel that I am alone or with others. Ja feel? 

I disagree since I am you and you are me there are no others.

I disagree since I am you and you are me there are no others.

You're free to believe whatever you want. But be careful about building your house on top of a sand castle of beliefs. 

One wave is all it takes to wash away everything you know as true, no matter how many games you play about having enlightened knowledge. 

1 minute ago, OneHandClap said:

You're free to believe whatever you want. But be careful about building your house on top of a sand castle of beliefs. 

One wave is all it takes to wash away everything you know as true, no matter how many games you play about having enlightened knowledge. 

So it is your belief that you are not me?

3 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

So it is your belief that you are not me?

Language games. The minute you call me "me" and you "you," yes, we are separate. What I eat does not make you shit; what you wear on your feet does not cover mine. In the Absolute, there is nobody to be called me or you. 

But again, there are no words that can point you directly to what I am saying. Nothing I write here will satisfy you in terms of a concrete answer. 

6 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

Language games. The minute you call me "me" and you "you," yes, we are separate. What I eat does not make you shit; what you wear on your feet does not cover mine. In the Absolute, there is nobody to be called me or you. 

But again, there are no words that can point you directly to what I am saying. Nothing I write here will satisfy you in terms of a concrete answer. 

There is a distance in experience between your body and my body. Still we become each other in my view. What I am doing is what you are doing in your past or future.

The appearance of awareness is the dream of connecting what already isn’t separate. It’s not the absolute, but like everything it is the absolute — awareness (or knowing, consciousness, or even God) just has no higher claim than anything else.

2 minutes ago, The0Self said:

The appearance of awareness is the dream of connecting what already isn’t separate. It’s not the absolute, but like everything it is the absolute — awareness (or knowing, consciousness, or even God) just has no higher claim than anything else.

Awareness does not seem like an appearance. To whom does awareness appear?