Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strangeloop

What does it mean to be a valuable person?

2 posts in this topic

I can talk about myself all day long. Does it mean it will have value? What is value? Does it mean I have to have money, expensive clothes, good looking body by the standarts of society? Like seriously... If I have to be valuable. Maybe I don't see myself as valuable. Then does it mean that value comes from within? Does it mean that I as a person Have to look at myself as valuable in order for others to see me as valuable? What does this "Worldview" have to do with anything on relationships, money, Career?

Why does my identity has manifested? Why do I hear these "I'm _______" statements? Is it of any value? Is questioning all of this has any value at all?

Post your answers down below.

We are what we value. The worth of anything is entirely subjective. As the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What happens when it is realized that there is no separate beholder? This realization is equanimity, or the letting go of value as ultimate reality.

Attachments to money, popularity, etc. define the path that we follow. It is only when desires are seen clearly, as products of the conditioned mind, that the illusion of individual identity is dispelled.

As Jesus put it:

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

- Matthew 6:19-23

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.