Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Godishere

God Realization integration struggles

23 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with the integration period after God Realization? I've been talking to a few people and as you would expect, they think I'm fucking nuts which is ironic. I feel it's almost a lonely spot to be. I can't small talk anymore. As a single guy, game is a struggle. I get I need to loosen up and all that but I feel like there is some Truth to be told. God is Truth, but you can't go around saying this shit. Like I'm just struggling to integrate everything and find my place here within the cosmic joke. I'm sure everyone that has this Realization wants to be all Christ-like. But let's be real, this shit is not good for survival. So here I am scratching my head wondering where I go to from here? Obviously things will play out in infinite perfection, yet my ego is still playing survival games. I think I'ma just find a nice place in the country and settle down. 

For me the best solution was to just play along as nothing has happend because I realised people regard me as crazy when I started talking with them about that. I guess God made it that way so the illusion doesn't shatter and realise it's all alone interacting only with itself the entire time.

Edited by Tyler Durden

@Tyler Durden yeah good point, I get that. It makes me sad man. I like to imagine that I will live out the lives of all of the people Interact with. I know for a fact, I cannot die. So it's just struggling with trying to align Absolute Goodness of the Universe with my petty selfish existence.

Edited by Godishere

@Godishere Well, you made the reality exactly as it is and programmed people to behave the way they do. It was done in best intention to give you an experience of human life on planet Earth. Don't be sad, just enjoy your creation ;)

Edited by Tyler Durden

@Tyler Durden thanks former or future self. I genuinely appreciate that, some very sound advice. What more can you say really? I guess that's why we all gravitate here, I wish I knew some conscious individuals that lived around town.

Edited by Godishere

@Godishere You're welcome! I also thought that everything will change after awakening but that was just my ego-self expectations. You can only change the way you look at things and interact with people. That way you can make the most out of this dream.

52 minutes ago, Godishere said:

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with the integration period after God Realization? I've been talking to a few people and as you would expect, they think I'm fucking nuts which is ironic. I feel it's almost a lonely spot to be. I can't small talk anymore. As a single guy, game is a struggle. I get I need to loosen up and all that but I feel like there is some Truth to be told. God is Truth, but you can't go around saying this shit. Like I'm just struggling to integrate everything and find my place here within the cosmic joke. I'm sure everyone that has this Realization wants to be all Christ-like. But let's be real, this shit is not good for survival. So here I am scratching my head wondering where I go to from here? Obviously things will play out in infinite perfection, yet my ego is still playing survival games. I think I'ma just find a nice place in the country and settle down.

It will help you to make a sort of placeholder distinction between Truth/God vs survival. Perhaps you have realized and become God, but survival is still a beast that you must learn to tame.

So as the Zen say, after enlightenment, the laundry. Which means you gotta forget about God-realization for a while and focus on getting your survival ducks in a row. Go build some skills, talk to some girls, have some parties, enjoy life at the material level and learn to navigate effectively in this dream. God-realization is not really supposed to help you in this. Here you gotta learn the earthly skills the same way all human chimps do it: through hard work and trial and error.

If this is all a dream, build the dream you want as a human. This is where life purpose, career, art, relationships, biz, and all that come into play. Basic self-help stuff. God will not save you from needing that. So you either do it before you find God, or you do it after you find God. But still you do it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura thanks for the advice man. I'm grateful that you take time to answer these questions from all of us at different stages of development and maturity on this path. I will work more on what you just mentioned and focus on enlightenment on the side. After all there is no rush, I have an eternity here. I'm just so blown away and in awe of what psychedelics have done for me and I appreciate your transparency with everything. It is a difficult pill to swallow that these substances are still demonized especially within the spiritual community and including on this forum. All the facets are starting to come together after 20+ trips and it just fills me with so much joy and contentment knowing that God is Love and I have nothing to fear apart from fear itself. Cheers

Edited by Godishere

I would also suggest that you consider doing the work to actually become enlightened and see through the illusion.

While that won't help your survival either, it is the surest way to peace in this life.  Collapse the duality between "life" and "God", and you can effectively end suffering permanently.  No amount of life purpose or survival will do that.  The psychedelics are just postcards of the mountain top.  Climb the mountain!

13 hours ago, Godishere said:

I get I need to loosen up and all that but I feel like there is some Truth to be told. God is Truth, but you can't go around saying this shit. Like I'm just struggling to integrate everything and find my place here within the cosmic joke. I'm sure everyone that has this Realization wants to be all Christ-like. But let's be real, this shit is not good for survival. So here I am scratching my head wondering where I go to from here?

Liberation is the end of wondering where I go from here, or how I got here -- the end of questions. Without questions, there is nothing which can be answered. Mystery, but void of anyone who could be mystified.

The truth that can be told to someone else is not the truth at all.

If God-realization or anything else happens, then that's what happens. You seem to be pointing to what can appear as the lived-reality result of God realization -- a state of detachment and seeming unity with everything. There is already no separation to be unified. The unity consciousness is part of the dream setup too. Not saying that recognizing this would be any better for survival, it would just be the recognition that there was never anyone who did or didn't realize God or do anything else; there's only boundlessness appearing without limit, which by the way miraculously doesn't actually have any need for anything whatsoever, including causality, context, meaning, knowing, or even making logical sense.

Edited by The0Self

19 hours ago, Godishere said:

I get I need to loosen up and all that but I feel like there is some Truth to be told.

Have you ever tried writing? That helps me. Writing is an excellent way to get your thoughts out. It's very normal to want to share your insights, but most people won't understand you. Sharing your insights with people who are not seeking deep spiritual truth is not the best use of your time and will leave you feeling frustrated.   

Having awakening experiences and then trying to reintegrate back into regular life can be challenging. Try to look at life as a game. Often we take it all too serious. Try to relax and be more playful about it. Consider taking a break from spiritual work to have some fun and integrate. 

Something that helped me tremendously was deeply examining my beliefs. When I realized almost all my beliefs were not universal truths, they were just beliefs I had adopted from other people. When I began to let go of limiting beliefs and adopt new ones that aligned with the life I wanted, life became much more enjoyable. Align your beliefs with truth and the vision you want for your life.   

Edited by Matthew85

@Flyboy yeah I do understand that all states are equally God if that's what your implying?

Would you consider that you have become permanently enlightened? What does that even feel like? A permanent heightened shift in consciousness or Non-duality? A conscious surrender to what IS maybe?

What I can say is that I understand now that this is God and the external world has been recontextualized. I am aware that awareness Is eternal.

1 hour ago, Godishere said:

What does that even feel like? A permanent heightened shift in consciousness or Non-duality? A conscious surrender to what IS maybe?

It’s indescribable but the closest description is: there’s only what appears to be. It’s like oh yeah there’s just this. Special/not-special duality collapses, as does knowing. Suddenly no one knows if they know or don’t know — there’s just no one left. Nothing added on, but the aspect of the collapse of special/not-special could be described as breathtakingly ordinary. There was never anyone who knew or did anything.

Everything is the same, but loss is no longer real loss; gain is no longer real gain, as there’s no one separate from this to lose or gain anything from this, and there’s no fixed “this” anyway to actually gain something from. It’s both too real and equally too unreal, to do anything with — there’s nothing separate for it to be relevant to. There’s just life, typing without any reason, purpose, or meaning behind the appearance as it seems to be.

Edited by The0Self

Having the dance of duality while staying aware that your everything is challenging. Play the character but let your triggers be your signal flares to let you know you've dosed off at the wheel and have become the character. Step away and still yourself, remember what you are, feel your heart center flood with love and go back to the dance of survival with the rewarding sensation that your everything and being the truth

Edited by Adrian325

3 hours ago, Godishere said:

@Flyboy yeah I do understand that all states are equally God if that's what your implying?

Would you consider that you have become permanently enlightened? What does that even feel like? A permanent heightened shift in consciousness or Non-duality? A conscious surrender to what IS maybe?

What I can say is that I understand now that this is God and the external world has been recontextualized. I am aware that awareness Is eternal.

In addition to what The0Self said, I think you'll find that the path unfolds through many stages, layers, and deepening realizations.  Once you're on it, you'll start to see this all happening and know you're going in the right direction.  It's probably reasonable to assume that if you aren't sure if you're there, that you aren't there :)

The Theravada maps can be helpful, but there's also much more intuitive ways of looking at it that might suit you better (Angelo DiLullo is a great resource for that angle).

@Flyboy @The0Self

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

In addition to what The0Self said, I think you'll find that the path unfolds through many stages, layers, and deepening realizations.  Once you're on it, you'll start to see this all happening and know you're going in the right direction.  It's probably reasonable to assume that if you aren't sure if you're there, that you aren't there :)

The Theravada maps can be helpful, but there's also much more intuitive ways of looking at it that might suit you better (Angelo DiLullo is a great resource for that angle).

Yeah I can definitely resonate with that. My realizations have been deepening with every trip. For example, I have awoken to infinity many times but then fell back into the illusion(is this really an infinite void of consciousness?). 

However, I feel like I've awoken to Infinity enough times now where I can focus my awareness on the fact that this moment is being consciously constructed and the perceptions are God. I can tell I still have many stages and work to go through as I still can be emotionally triggered and I am still attached to this particular dream. 

How would you suggest to deepen my realizations? I guess there's definitely a part of me that enjoys the illusion that this could be real ya know? Is there anything particular which caused this permanent shift in awareness for you guys, or would you suggest that it's something that clicks at some point of the path? In saying that, I know that this is already perfection and God will do whatever God wants so I'm just here for the ride ?

Edited by Godishere

@Godishere Let the integration happen.. when the false self falls away the true self is revealed. You can't DO integration since the doing is made by the false self.

This might sound odd but just spend a couple days conceptually in your mind pretending like all this spiritual stuff is pure horseshit and doesn’t exist at all; there is no God, separation is real and all of it’s material 100%. 

What that will do (or might) is help you weed out what’s true for your direct experience and what’s still subtly a belief held within your mind. 

I’m a huge fan of Douglas’ “headless way” as a means of experiencing non-dual awareness sober, as I feel having both the sober AND psychedelic realisations is what really provides that clarity as to what this is and how it relates to every other aspect of your experience. (Of course combined with meditation is what provides the most juice). I think you’d be surprised as to just how accessible this technique is. It can slap you out of nowhere. But I find this approach makes LIVING enlightenment more approachable. 

What can occur at some point of the path is that this awareness (to massively varying degrees) becomes a somewhat regular part of your life with or withOUT psychs. As Richard Lang said there’s this too and fro between the oneness and the separateness and you almost get acclimated to this (which might sound hard to believe ?) and that as an enlightened being you aren’t just in that state 24/7 because you’d be ga-ga! Rather when you’re out in the world doing things you can recognise duality and then once all is said and done and you can relax you naturally fall back into that open space that’s interconnected with all. 

Now as a matter of embodiment your job is to continually grow and heal yourself so as to further open up to God and live from that loving place more and more (but not in a fake people pleaser way, this compassion is purely authentic and needs no reward). This is combined with your own continuing investigations that you do to your hearts content. 

At the end of this what you SHOULD be left with is a deep sense of clarity as to who you are, what life is, your relationship to it combined with a deep sense of inner peace and love for all beings that you authentically live from in daily life. No small task though. There’s also a deep sense of inner security; you only look within for true satisfaction, thus people naturally attract to you because you couldn’t give a flying fuck whether or not they’re there, but still it’s nice they are. Inauthentic relationships will die surprisingly quickly however, and people may be shocked at how easily you can leave their toxicity.

As far as career goes maybe life purpose course? Idk lol ? that’s a totally seperate area, but living in accordance with one’s personal values is a good start. “Mastery” by Robert Greene is an excellent read. 

A complete and total break from spirituality isn’t a bad idea though.