tuckerwphotography

What is your SD center of gravity?

What is your SD center of gravity?    59 members have voted

1. 1. What is your SD center of gravity?

• Orange
    • Yellow
    • Blue
    • Turquoise
    • Green

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 posts in this topic

What is your Spiral Dynamics center of gravity? Curious to get a sense of how most Actualized users see the world. 

As a reminder, this is about ego development and is not related to how many nondual insights you've had :) 

Your "center of gravity" is the stage that you most often occupy, not the highest stage you occasionally dip into.

I purposefully scrambled the poll choices so that people don't just pick the "highest" one unconsciously ;)

Edited by tuckerwphotography

This will be interesting.

..but where is the Coral option?

Edited by thisintegrated

13 blue 40 orange 45 green 2 yellow (percentage wise)

im just taking a quick guess 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Lol you can see what other people voted :ph34r:

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Why is there not an option for red? I'm pissed.

hrhrhtewgfegege

6 hours ago, Roy said:

Why is there not an option for red? I'm pissed.

Amazing. xD

Aww my stage purple so sad ? there's no option , I've to click stage green in place of that 

Outside Gravity =

From enviroment (60%)

Purple (3%) - I dont want to write it. 

Red (5%) - Village dude.

Blue (25%) - Family. 

Orange (30%) - Business, uni and city.

From what I watched (40%):

Blue (7%) - TikTok and YT comments. 

Orange (5%) - Business content.

Yellow (28%) - Yellow youtuber and spotify podcast. 

Learn :

What I need to learn actually to question and contemplate lower stage and integrate it to myself. I have big tendencies to just total ignoring what they are talkin about.

Integrate the value of the enviroment that I lived in help to survive a lot, thanks to SD. Noticing the different between healthy value and unhealthy value that have been integrated in the self is important here. 

Integrating Red stage give me huge stability in my mental health. Be more men and assertive. 

I notice my mind have swing learning, in a time I like to study lower stage but eventually I got feeling enough. I have urge to learn higher spiral, then back again to lower stage. 

Edited by Manusia

Ya... more options needed.

Also... this assumes people know their center of gravity.  As they talk about, it's not something easily see for oneself. 

Like I doubt there's 8 people on this forum who would take part in this questionnaire who would be at a Stage Yellow center of gravity.  

There's also the assumption are even centers of gravity, which has been debated.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

33 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

There's also the assumption are even centers of gravity

As opposed to what?

Green-yellow

Or 

GREEN-yellow

Not sure.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

11 hours ago, Fearey said:

There are higher and lower stages missing.

I guess I could just say I'm centered at Turquoise, but as the stage has so little in common with later stages, that wouldn't be accurate.

@Fearey I'm aware that there's other stages missing - that's intentional on my part. Nobody who is chilling on Actualized.org has a center of gravity below Blue. In fact, I highly doubt anyone here is at Blue. My guess is the vast majority of folks are at Orange and Green with some Yellow and *maybe* a couple of people peaking into Turquoise. Coral is not a real stage yet and basically doesn't exist beyond likely a small handful of people on the entire planet. If you're at Coral, I highly doubt you'd be responding to this forum post. But maybe lol. I'd be curious to hear more about your experience and understanding of what stage you're at and why.

5 hours ago, Matt23 said:

Ya... more options needed.

Also... this assumes people know their center of gravity.  As they talk about, it's not something easily see for oneself. 

Like I doubt there's 8 people on this forum who would take part in this questionnaire who would be at a Stage Yellow center of gravity.  

There's also the assumption are even centers of gravity, which has been debated.

@Matt23 See response above about more options needed. 

Agree, it's not a scientific poll haha just put it out there for fun.

Center of gravity, like ego development itself, is a construct. Of course it doesn't exist. It's just a label describing an experience in the relative world that some people identify with. I try not to take it too seriously while also not overlooking its utility. 

What stage do you feel you most often orient from in your day-to-day life?

For people who voted Tier 2, who are your heroes? (or name some Tier 2 thinkers).

I have more and more difficulties to categorize myself:

• Sometimes I consider myself at Orange/Green because I'm still integrating the business and success aspect of Orange, but aside from that I don't resonate with most things at Orange.
  • Sometimes I see myself as mostly at Yellow with some Orange and Green because I really try to be as objective as possible and see things from different perspectives. However, Yellow is much more complex that we can assume, it's very difficult to be mostly at Yellow as it demands a lot of knowledge and life experiences that I don't think I have at my age.
  • At some moments I even felt that I was at Turquoise.

Overall, I think that I avoid a bit the emotional vulnerability of Green.

Also, where someone is mostly at can vary on the kind of issue that he/she is dealing with even though it is not the person's usual center of gravity. For example if someone is usually at Yellow but went through some though challenges and need to heal, then this person will spend more time at Green to be in touch with his/her emotions and clear the traumas and therefore the center of gravity will be Green.

Edited by Raphael

From my own vantage point, I've found that Spiral Dynamics is much better used as a sociological model for looking at the interplay of different meta-ideologies.

The model becomes less interesting and useful when SD is used as a proxy for an individual's overall level of development, since it collapses several different lines of development down to a single axis (that of the meta-ideology which that person has been imprinted with) when used in that way.

People can be at a level of complexity and depth significantly above or below the SD-Stage they've been imprinted with. To see how the model falls short when used as a proxy for someone's overall level of development, consider that both Ben Shapiro and Marcus Aurelius are roughly SD-Blue...

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Why isn't there an option stage beige, purple and red?