Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random witch

I'm waiting for UBI

15 posts in this topic

Yes, you might say that I'm spoiled or something. But I'm tired of working, I'm tired of doing boring things that I don't like in order to survive or feel guilty about doing things that I do like but don't give me any profit.

I don't want to make money out of my passions, I have too many of those and I have many purposes.

My passions are fun because money doesn't involved and because I don't bother myself with how to get profit from this, once I'll bother myself with those thoughts it wouldn't be that fun anymore and experiential, if I'll relay my survival needs on gaining profit from my passions it would be stressful.

I don't want to be rich, I just want to have enough money for living. So yes, I hope that UBI will be applied soon in my country and in EVERY country in the world.

I think this is one of the best things governments can do, It would evolve society in 200%, believe me.

Many of the shit and the scam we see today wouldn't exist if there's UBI.

sounds like a great plan. A plan that you're in full control over... stop being a victim. Take more responsibility and do something

UBI is important.... but it's not really something to bet on. Bet on developing your psychology to be robust enough to handle those fears, and to develop a healthy relationship with money. 

You can find a balance with these things, begin enjoy everything you do as you work away everyday to build a good life.

"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

i'd also like to have a ubi

maybe i'm lazy, or maybe it's just chronic fatigue

maybe a bit of both who knows

but i don't think a universal ubi is coming soon, better not wait for that

15 minutes ago, Medhansh said:

What's UBI ?

universal basic income

money for everybody and it might come because in the future we will lose many jobs to automation, a.i., robots and so on.

3 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

universal basic income

money for everybody and it might come because in the future we will lose many jobs to automation, a.i., robots and so on.

Got it!

Edited by Medhansh

10 hours ago, herghly said:

sounds like a great plan. A plan that you're in full control over... stop being a victim. Take more responsibility and do something

Oh come on, leave me alone and don't bother me with your toxic stage orange crap.

There's no victim hood in my tread but an intelligent voice who talking about new future and you'll be a part of it.

10 hours ago, Thought Art said:

UBI is important.... but it's not really something to bet on. Bet on developing your psychology to be robust enough to handle those fears, and to develop a healthy relationship with money. 

You can find a balance with these things, begin enjoy everything you do as you work away everyday to build a good life.

I do develop myself, where I said I don't do that? I also have a healthy relationship with money, who said that a person who talk about UBI has bad relationship with money?

9 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

i'd also like to have a ubi

maybe i'm lazy, or maybe it's just chronic fatigue

maybe a bit of both who knows

but i don't think a universal ubi is coming soon, better not wait for that

Who knows? we live in such a dynamic period of time, period of fast changes.

Having some basic income will allow people to create and to benefit society without the fear of being hungry and homeless.

7 hours ago, Tudo said:

What country are you from?

It doesn't matter what country I live in

I had this thought that maybe things will get so dire in the next 20+years, with so many refugees that it will become no-longer ignorable issue and we will have to lower our standards of living to accommodate the many poor people at our doorstep. I think this will be like a values crisis and the notion of having isolated economies for each country will begin to fall apart. I imagine in this scenario that universal income will not be something that you can count on and it will be more a state of people forming smaller sharing communities, with help of government rationing.

tell me if I’m crazy

Edited by Bob Seeker

13 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

I had this thought that maybe things will get so dire in the next 20+years, with so many refugees that it will become no-longer ignorable issue and we will have to lower our standards of living to accommodate the many poor people at our doorstep. I think this will be like a values crisis and the notion of having isolated economies for each country will begin to fall apart. I imagine in this scenario that universal income will not be something that you can count on and it will be more a state of people forming smaller sharing communities, with help of government rationing.

tell me if I’m crazy

Everything can be, who knows. It sounds very exaggerated now for me but life can be so unexpected.

Edited by Random witch

Ideally working shouldnt be about solely making money, its really the value that you provide. Most humans ultimately want to provide value and be useful to others. That being said if you are happy just doing your passions whether it provides value or not then yeah go for that, regardless of UBI you just need to work out the minimal amount of money you need to survive and maybe do some kind of job or get that money somehow and then the rest of the time just focus on your passions. You most likely wont need much to do this.

Can i ask what your passions are?

5 hours ago, Consept said:

Ideally working shouldnt be about solely making money, its really the value that you provide. Most humans ultimately want to provide value and be useful to others. That being said if you are happy just doing your passions whether it provides value or not then yeah go for that, regardless of UBI you just need to work out the minimal amount of money you need to survive and maybe do some kind of job or get that money somehow and then the rest of the time just focus on your passions. You most likely wont need much to do this.

Can i ask what your passions are?

I want to be an expert in anything, I know it's impossible but I love to persuade it.

On 10/10/2021 at 6:47 AM, Random witch said:

I don't want to make money out of my passions, I have too many of those and I have many purposes.

Well then, pick the one that will make the most money.

Money shouldn't even be the main driver of life purpose, your passion for the work should.

You'll continue to be miserable unless you challenge your limiting beliefs. UBI won't fix this for you.

money wont solve your problems of lack of purpose and boredom, in fact having more free time will make you more depressed.