DVL

Sustaining Lucid Dreams

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, have a question about Lucid Dreams. I am lucid dreaming for about 2 years and have 100+ lucid dreams. Most of the time I am starting lucid dreams from the bed as if I was sleeping and many times dream is collapsing and another dream is starting. I think my doubt is collapsing the dream, but I am not sure.

Is it usually happen to you that you start lucid dreams from the bed? And does anyone have an opinion on why the dream is collapsing and how to sustain it?

Also, I have noticed that sometimes when a dream is not vivid when I try to make it vivid it works for some time. Does it happen to you? We can manipulate dreams vividness by intention?

@DVL I think very few people in this forum are into lucid dreaming or these kinda of stuff in general, you'd have to use other specialized forums like dreamviews to reach out to advanced lucid dreamers.

Btw what's your method for lucid dreaming?

Edited by m0hsen

There seems to be a trade-off between immersion in the dream (vividness?) and lucidity. When I have a lucid dream, everything is still vivid in some sense, but in another way I'm not as immersed and it's not as intense/vivid as when I dream but forget I am dreaming.

So, I have been in a lucid dream where I try to make it more intense/vivid, but there is a certain threshold where I have to sacrifice my lucidity if I want to make it any more intense. There is no fear for example in a lucid dream, if I want fear I have to sacrifice lucidity. 

Interesting parallels here to our "waking life" now that I think about it. If I want fear, I have to believe in separation, I can't be fully lucid and have fear. 

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

@m0hsen Ok. Thanks for your response.

9 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

I have started remembering and writing dreams in dream journals and also reality checks. Before sleeping was repeating mantra: "it is a dream".

Though it was not happening often. Now I am not writing down standard dreams, only lucids and remember standard dreams even without writing down. I am sleeping 6 hours at night, then doing hatha yoga and transcendental meditation. After that sleep for 1 hour and most of the time, I have lucid dreams on this 1 hour period. I think it has to do with transcendental meditation. It is kind of changing brain waves. Also if I will do kriya yoga dreams are far more vivid

On 10/10/2021 at 10:54 AM, m0hsen said:

@DVL I think very few people in this forum are into lucid dreaming or these kinda of stuff in general, you'd have to use other specialized forums like dreamviews to reach out to advanced lucid dreamers.

Why not? Lucid dreaming is a legit spiritual practice.

I've come to see that the lucid dream collapses when you go "against it". Meaning, you try to get some specific result.

The moment you become lucid, just relax. Feel into your body and don't swim against the current. Let go. You don't need to control it.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"