Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jannes

Introducing my mom to psychedelics

32 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago I visited my parents. A took a long walk with my mom and we talked about different topics and I accidentally told her about a magic truffle experience I had. I didn’t want to tell my mom that I do psychedelics because I thought she might worry about me but she actually seemed a bit interested. I told her honestly that I did them more then once and that they are and will be an important part of my personal developement. I told her about my experiences (that were often eye opening and helped with realising painful memories or social fears but not that deep that I had insights into the nature of reality yet) and about studies where patients who faced their death could overcome that fear and were okay with it. I also told her about the possible risk factors but that they can mostly get eliminated in a safe setting, good intentions, maturity, low doses… She was more open to it then I expected and didn’t condemn me or anything. A week or so later she texted me that a coworker of her was interested in it and if I might sent her a link to where I bought the magic truffles from ?. Maybe 2 weeks later now we met our grandparents. My grandpa isn’t doing so good and after we left his fear of dying came up in a conversation. I mentioned that psychedelic could help if he were open to the experience. My mom responded that she had big fears of death as well and that I might help her guide through a psychedelic experience so that she as well loses her fear of death. Because my mom mostly isn’t a really brave person I realized that I probably didn’t emphasize enough how deep stuff like this can go because it seemed that my mom saw the lost of her fear of death as something that would come from a relatively non mindfuck experience and the opposite is ofc the case. Then I told her that if she wanted to loose her fear of death completely she would probably have to go through extremely deep experiences and that she probably isn’t ready for it. I added that with smaller experiences her fear of death could probably get reduced (I thought so although I didn’t really know. I said it so she doesn’t lose all her interest in psychedelics). She was still pretty straight forward and told me that she still was interested in psychedelic experiences even if she could only reduce her fear of death. 
You never totally know how a person reacts to psychedelics but I would think my mom can handle small doses because she doesn’t tend to have any kind of psychological panic attacks or strong fears and has a relatively constant okay mood. I also think psychedelics would be an incredible tool for my mom to develope herself and free herself from painful memories (that probably weren’t traumatic -> overwhelming when confronted but strong enough to stay attached). But I don’t know how I should introduce her best to psychedelics. Of course I have to go in further detail what the risks are but if I tell her that she might face her death directly and so on in Leo style I think she would never touch psychedelics. But I also wouldn’t tell her bs. My thought is that I introduce her only to small doses in the 1-5g range where very strong experiences are very unlikely if you don’t have any strong intentions for breakthrough.

What do you guys think about this approach in general and do you think it’s safe because I just don’t want anything to happen to her ? 

How are you verifying that your mushrooms are legitimate? Have you done them yourself or verified their species by firsthand analysis? Or if they arrive in a powder form, have you subjected them to some kind of chemical test?

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

@JuliusCaesar LOL? 

How do you verify that the Champignons you buyed from your supermarket are legitimate? 

Are you serious???

How hard must it be to fake shrooms...and for what reason..think about it

@Jannes give her a good dose the second time (first time small to test how she reacts). She wants an psychedelic experience. I know you feel very responsible but it is her choice. If she want to overcome fear of death the dose must be a good one.

14 minutes ago, OBEler said:

How do you verify that the Champignons you buyed from your supermarket are legitimate? 

For starters, I'd usually trust a supermarket on the basis that it's unlikely they're selling falsified or dangerous products. As hundreds and thousands and even tens and hundreds of thousands of people usually have shopped there. And if they had consumed poisonous mushrooms and died, then in the highly litigious environment we have in the US, the supermarket would have suffered financial and reputational repercussions, and consequently would remove the dangerous products from their shelves. Of course, that's not an infallible standard, because for instance consider the widespread use of DDT in the forties and fifties. A period where no one knew of it's deleterious impact on mobility(in humans exposed to significant quantities of the pesticide). But generally speaking, it works most of the time, thus the common sense notion that you can trust your local Walmart or Costco generally holds true.

Also, you're referring to Agaricus Bisporus? You can distinguish them from similar mushrooms with a different taxonomy that are poisonous. For instance, some mushrooms of the Amanita species are lethal but appear incredibly similar to A. bisporus. Because the former may be distinguished by their volva or cup at the base of the mushroom and pure white gills (as opposed to pinkish or brown of A. bisporus).

21 minutes ago, OBEler said:

Are you serious???

Naturally, you could kill yourself consuming the wrong mushrooms.

21 minutes ago, OBEler said:

How hard must it be to fake shrooms...and for what reason..think about it

It isn't that the mushrooms are somehow fake. Just that Psilocybin bearing mushrooms oftentimes bear great similarity to other mushrooms which are deadly poisonous. Therefore, it's possible to acquire a lethal variant from a source which doesn't know how to determine the difference between certain species. If you bought the whole mushroom, then you can analyze it yourself. If you bought crushed powder, you can subject it to either a home test kit such as the Ehrlich reagent. Or if you're more rigorous, you could send it into a lab for GC/MS as that's a non specific test which would give you a complete and accurate report on all the constituents contained in the powder.

@JuliusCaesar crushed powder I would also test. But if you buy the whole mushrom, your senses are the best test. No need for extra work in testing these. There are thousands of people buying these every day from the magic mushroom shop. If something is wrong, this shop can close. Furthermore there are good pictures on the internet how they should look. 

I personally do NOT share, or promote psychedelics to friends and family.

It's too risky and I don't want to be responsible if you have a bad trip, or take to much for where you are etc. I really don't know where most normies are in there development and I can't gauge it.

Now, I will talk about stats, books, research, and maybe some of my own experiences but I don't promote or share it with anyone. Not worth it to me.

Honestly, it is a field I am exploring, researching, experimenting, working on my protocols and I am personally grateful for the awakenings and insights I have had. But, I don't consider myself mature enough and I don't consider others mature enough. But, when I speak about them I share the dangers just as much as the benefits. Each psychedelic is different though. I would inform most normies perhaps to at least try mushrooms or AL-LAD if they are curious. 

Now, Qigong I show and promote everybody ahaha... But even there is dangers people can passout when they get a massive Qi rush, or rush of Oxygen to the brain after years of bad smoking and breathing habits..., pass out and hurt themselves... I've seen this.., people have unique physical and energetic problems and it's not always possible to foresee it...

So there is dangers in everything... Just use everything in moderation and be fiercely honest with yourself if you are out of balance... Keep safe, keep others safe and be a good balance, neutral advocate for holistic health in general.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 hours ago, OBEler said:

No need for extra work in testing these.

I agree, what I meant was you could or perhaps should verify that the mushrooms you've bought have the appropriate taxonomy.

7 hours ago, OBEler said:

Furthermore there are good pictures on the internet how they should look.

That's what I had in mind basically for basic analysis(not lab work).

15 hours ago, JuliusCaesar said:

I agree, what I meant was you could or perhaps should verify that the mushrooms you've bought have the appropriate taxonomy.

That's what I had in mind basically for basic analysis(not lab work).

I tested them myself many times and they are good. I bought them online. Magic truffles are legal but magic mushrooms are illegal in Germany (and maybe (EU).

20 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I personally do NOT share, or promote psychedelics to friends and family.

It's too risky and I don't want to be responsible if you have a bad trip, or take to much for where you are etc. I really don't know where most normies are in there development and I can't gauge it.

Now, I will talk about stats, books, research, and maybe some of my own experiences but I don't promote or share it with anyone. Not worth it to me.

Honestly, it is a field I am exploring, researching, experimenting, working on my protocols and I am personally grateful for the awakenings and insights I have had. But, I don't consider myself mature enough and I don't consider others mature enough. But, when I speak about them I share the dangers just as much as the benefits. Each psychedelic is different though. I would inform most normies perhaps to at least try mushrooms or AL-LAD if they are curious. 

Now, Qigong I show and promote everybody ahaha... But even there is dangers people can passout when they get a massive Qi rush, or rush of Oxygen to the brain after years of bad smoking and breathing habits..., pass out and hurt themselves... I've seen this.., people have unique physical and energetic problems and it's not always possible to foresee it...

So there is dangers in everything... Just use everything in moderation and be fiercely honest with yourself if you are out of balance... Keep safe, keep others safe and be a good balance, neutral advocate for holistic health in general.

Thanks for your opinion. Do you think there really are people mature enough for big awakenings ? I don’t think anybody is ready for that although I haven’t had any insights yet. I think people who are mature enough to use these substances maturely are also mature enough to handle small doses for self reflection and personal development. 

On 9.10.2021 at 1:07 AM, OBEler said:

@Jannes give her a good dose the second time (first time small to test how she reacts). She wants an psychedelic experience. I know you feel very responsible but it is her choice. If she want to overcome fear of death the dose must be a good one.

You can’t rush the process. Without any smaller work before as preparation you are only getting freaked out resist everything and are unable to integrate any deep experiences and probably never touch psychedelics again.

14 minutes ago, Jannes said:

Thanks for your opinion. Do you think there really are people mature enough for big awakenings ? I don’t think anybody is ready for that although I haven’t had any insights yet. I think people who are mature enough to use these substances maturely are also mature enough to handle small doses for self reflection and personal development. 

To me the maturity is larger than that. For example:

1. Can the person take into account all the safety protocols/ Can they learn from previous mistakes and build a powerful safety protocol

2. Can the person avoid abusing things like 5meo after it shows them such deep levels of love

3. Can the person handle the nihilism and confusion that may follow a trip 

etc

Maturity around psychedelics to me is maturity around life in general because they affect your whole awareness and contextualization of things to a certain extent. 

Safety, moderation, ability to handle insights, deal with confusion etc are importatnt.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Jannes man... You are total over thinking. 

She doesn't need any Spiritual background. it is not necessary. I think it is even better to have no spiritual background at all (=less spiritual garbage in your head) . Just have an open mind, nothing more counts. 

And every one has a Spiritual side. She is a woman. Woman have great Intuition, dont dismiss this. She is old age and that said She is mature enough, maybe much more than you. 

Just give her this Chance. Dont hindern someone, who wants to Explorer consciousness. She can have a good Trip or a bad Trip. Accept that, it is ok that your mother can have even bad trips. She will be fine at the end. 

Ps:I am from Germany too and Experiment with truffle

Edited by OBEler

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

2. Can the person avoid abusing things like 5meo after it shows them such deep levels of love

2. What exactly do you mean by abusing things like 5meo ? 

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Jannes man... You are total over thinking. 

She doesn't need any Spiritual background. it is not necessary. I think it is even better to have no spiritual background at all (=less spiritual garbage in your head) . Just have an open mind, nothing more counts. 

And every one has a Spiritual side. She is a woman. Woman have great Intuition, dont dismiss this. She is old age and that said She is mature enough, maybe much more than you. 

Just give her this Chance. Dont hindern someone, who wants to Explorer consciousness. She can have a good Trip or a bad Trip. Accept that, it is ok that your mother can have even bad trips. She will be fine at the end. 

Ps:I am from Germany too and Experiment with truffle

Sure that is true but you should at least get a feeling of how psychedelics fell and what they can do to you. If you don’t do that then the risk of a bad trip is high. 

@Jannes

You’re innocently projecting much onto her before she even has a chance of unfettered direct experience. Again, innocently, but priming her with all the fear, “depth”, facing your death head on nonsense… this is yours so to speak, your current belief structure or paradigm, it is not objective or hers whatsoever. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Jannes then what is the Problem with giving her a small dose the first time  so that She can test the water? I even said that before, I must repeat again until you understand. 

And ask you seriously what is even the Problem with a negative Trip? Maybe some negative energy must be Releases. Then thats what it is. 

To be Real, It sounds to me you really are not very mature if you always just see Value in the positive. 

Leave the psychedelics to your mom. Maybe She knows better than you even if you are more experienced

Edited by OBEler

I am still confused. Did you introduce your mom to psychedelics or psychedelics to your mom? 

Edited by Jakuchu

29 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Jannes

You’re innocently projecting much onto her before she even has a chance of unfettered direct experience. Again, innocently, but priming her with all the fear, “depth”, facing your death head on nonsense… this is yours so to speak, your current belief structure or paradigm, it is not objective or hers whatsoever. 

Yes that’s true it’s my projection. I build that belief structure from deep trip reports from Leo and people from the forum. It also makes sense to me that many insights are blocked from a lot of ego and getting through to them might not be that pleasant. I don’t know better because I never had a breakthrough yet. Should you try to drop all belief systems and be completely open to the experience when going into a trip or what would you suggest ?