Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyingguitarist

Facebook's peak stage orange (profit > people)

6 posts in this topic

There’s something really funny and ironic about a company that is all about being social, interconnected and community, but is really all about screwing all people over for profit. And the head of the company (zuck) is probably socially stunted.

Anyway, i hope Facebook dies off soon. I don’t see any added value to the world of that platform in 2021. It’s like Facebook has become the myspace of today - irrelevant. But the market decides so we shall see

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I am watching all this with an open mind. Facebook ain't all bad. It has good and bad. It will improve.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, flyingguitarist said:

@Thought Art just like stage orange meme , neither good nor bad but still it's causing  issues to people's information and privacy

Well yeah, an organization of that size is gonna have problems. Also, of course its stage orange or otherwise it wouldn't be a service or business of its size. It's just growing pains imo. 

I personally sense facebook IS trying to create healthy communities. But, there is likely shadow stuff or just systemic issues and conflict of interest that are operating within its internal infrastructure and the social landscape of our times. It's hard to just be non-biased when you control large amounts of information that is being shared. When people are sharing angry posts that is very complex and they can't just stop all these people from sharing. Things will splinter whether on or off facebook. Best kept on facebook for the long term imo as people grow and change.

I personally have a lot of good interactions on facebook. I will look more into this stuff later. I know a lot of new came out about different things including how some of the algorithms use anger for money. But, I will have to watch it and list out a number of interpretations as I am sure its not as clear as it seems in the media at first glance. 

Things like facebook are very complex systems run by many plays with so many layers of context, systems thinking etc that It's not always clear what is actually the case. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Facebook is a reflection of society.

If we would collectively spend billions of $ on facebook to promote peace, love & healthy role models it would do exactly that.

The video is itself part of the problem by spreading fear to an extent.