Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jse

Non-duality Sans The Bs

5 posts in this topic

This hidden gem of a sage consistently serves up an unwavering and authentic ego-destroying dialogue/monologue - I can't seem to get enough of Paul Hedderman...

Latest video

Edited by jse
I've no idea how to insert video...

Paul Hedderman offers maybe the most simple path you could imagine. Makes me wonder whether its too simple to work. Basically he just delivers the message and sort of ridicules the idea of "I" through repetition. According to him, even meditating is unnecessary if you're not into it. Just "entertaining" the message should be enough.

One of his essential teachings is, that every action from "I" to get rid of the "I" embraces the very idea of "I" and thus can be harmful. This is a fair point to make IMO and deserves some attention from a seeker.

@jse  So what you think? Could this be that simple? I've watched a tons of his videos and I'm not doubting his sincerety. I read some review on spiritualteachers.org which said the same. But this is definitely The Lazy Mans Path.

11 hours ago, LateBloomer said:

@jse  So what you think? Could this be that simple? I've watched a tons of his videos and I'm not doubting his sincerety. I read some review on spiritualteachers.org which said the same. But this is definitely The Lazy Mans Path.

LB, what this "I" thinks about the path to an egoless epiphany is mostly irrelevant.  Yet my feeling is that any relentless path which pursues "enlightenment" will only strengthen any spiritual ego, same as a relentless exercise routine would strengthen the body.

Seeing non-duality for what is not, appears to be the most direct path to the ultimate truth.

5 hours ago, jse said:

LB, what this "I" thinks about the path to an egoless epiphany is mostly irrelevant.  Yet my feeling is that any relentless path which pursues "enlightenment" will only strengthen any spiritual ego, same as a relentless exercise routine would strengthen the body.

Seeing non-duality for what is not, appears to be the most direct path to the ultimate truth.

Don't blame me for what arises when reading this, for that which is arisen is what you are not. That which you want to point at the other, is your sense of self, and not the factual other. You've never seen the other, for you've never seen yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBDIoLi3C4 Ahayah Ashar Ahayah, chant and be free!