AlwaysJoggin

How can I work 12 hours every day

44 posts in this topic

dug my self in a whole financially and I’m working every day now I want to do 12 hours a day but I can’t do it as i fatigue quickly after 6 hours. 

Slow down to go fast. Take breaks regularly. 

I do 45 mins 15 mins break. It's counter intuitive but you will have done more than if you just try to sit for hours on end. You need a break. Ideally go outside get sunlight and fresh air.

Do pomodoro technique. Get into alpha brain wave (flow state) when working. 

In Tate we trust

That's not something most people can pull off. Which is why we have 8 hour work days.

I can't work that long consistently. Especially not any kind of serious intellectual or creative work. Maybe if you're just sitting around waiting for customers that might be workable.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You can only work long hours if you're passionate about your work. Your passion will sustain you. If you feel your work is torture you'll never make it. It will break you mentally. If you feel your work is joy, you will easily work any amount of time. Even cut your sleep short and even wake early just to continue doing it.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Especially not any kind of serious intellectual or creative work. Maybe if you're just sitting around waiting for customers that might be workable.

I've had weeks where I've worked 16 hours a day working on complex programming projects. I know a bunch of programmers who have the same experience. Maybe we're mutants but you can certainly pull it off provided you LOVE your work.

If you can play videogames for 16 hours and not get tired, you can also work for 16 hours and not get tired. The trick is in having a good time with it. I guess that's what filters most people. Having a miserable time with your work.

@impulse9 Funnily enough, most programming is not serious intellectual work. I can code for 10 hours. It's way easier than contemplating for 3 hours.

After you get good at coding, it's like riding a bike. It doesn't take that much thinking.

But still, you burn out and it's very unhealthy working like that.

@Leo Gura I agree it's unhealthy for the most part. But if you want to succeed in something, sometimes you have to sacrifice even some of your health. If you're sufficiently excited about something, you can override even the desire to sleep or eat. Not that it's a good idea in most cases.

@AlwaysJoggin morning 9-5 job, big nap, night job - long nap.

Drive for uber for 10 hours a day and then strip at night. No joke

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@Leo Gura How many hours you used to work daily when you were launching actualized.org?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@AlwaysJoggin

Efficiency - doing something right

Effectiveness - doing the right thing

You can be efficient at something. But if it ain't the right thing to do, you could be working 18 hours a day on it, and it'd be worth very little.

Effectiveness is time effective. And it's also an effortless way of being.

@Nahm  i drive my car do delivery i was working lifeguard this summer also why i want to do this, my this i mean grind and work my ass off, long story short , i got a girl pregnant and she wants to keep it that’s why i work because knowing there is human being coming I work hard for that cause before this i was basically living like hippie/rockstar i was just fucking around i uad zero worries so I didn’t have motivation for financial success because I didn’t have responsibilities but now i feel like i have responsibility and I don’t mind it , I actually like the fire and desire this has give me,i feel like I WANT to work I always hated work but now hating work is not option lol for now I guess i want to love work ! Also I don’t like my current job i want to start working from home 

@mmKay eyo Uber is actually a great temporary job for grinding for a while but i feel like i need some sort or remedy or something for me to reach 10 hours everyday for like 60 days straight I’m gonna need cocaine cuz coffee won’t cut it i yet tired easily 

10 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura How many hours you used to work daily when you were launching actualized.org?

It's hard to say because I didn't really keep clear track of it. My work and my personal life bleed together a lot.

A lot of the work I do isn't like official work, but technically it is integral to my work.

I used to work a lot more than I do today. But also, I prefer to work smart rather than hard. So I end up generating way more results than normal for the hours I work.

Most people work hard but dumb, so they end up with little to show for it. Working smart is way more important than working hard. Most of the work you do you shouldn't even be doing.

@Leo Gura how many hours a week would a person have to work for you to consider them to be a beast/hard worker/someone who is serious about developing themselves?this is Patrick Bet-David measurements.do you agree?

4F9CFAF8-B621-4061-8051-55D2D5FEF088.png

Edited by Ineedanswers

Working 12 hours everyday is a habit.read tiny habit by bjfogg.best book on habit.it has strategies of growing 2h/day work into how much u wish

Would you say you're a person who has high energy levels in general: but from this job specifically, you cannot sustain high energy levels after 6 hours?

I think that depends. I naturally have a really high-energy levels, BUT I still had to do some things to be able to use it the right way.

First thing is NO FAP and to take notice of your dopamine reward system. It's like a garden, you have to harvest and keep it clean.

Another thing is your nervous system - if it's strong and stable you are able to put a lot of work, otherwise the stress will eat you alive.

To maintain healthy nervous system, eliminate stressors from your life (like coffee, cigarettes but also toxic people, etc.) and take care of it by supplementing Ashwagandha or something like that. You will be amazed of how much quality work you are able to put out every day.