Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Effortless Nature Of Consciousness

17 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share a little pointer that everyone can appreciate no matter where you're at on the path.

Notice that consciousness is effortless. Notice that right now as you read this you are conscious.. and you don't have to do anything to be conscious.

Ever present effortless consciousness. 

No matter where you are, what you're doing... consciousness will be effortlessly present

@Raptorsin7

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Ever present effortless consciousness. 

No matter where you are, what you're doing... consciousness will be effortlessly present

It is pure perfection. Pure God. 

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known
Nothing you can see that isn't shown
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
It's easy" - The Beatles - All you need is love. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Paradox is you can't get to effortless consciousness without ... effort :)

Unconsciousness is also effortless ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You need to put effort to raise your consciousness. I started on this forum by sharing this insight. Not putting effort is the biggest trap.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Amazing quote. ? 

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

lol, nice one :)

whats interesting is that, when hearing that spirituality is effortless, someone might be tempted to put effort into stopping putting effort into things...and this effort to stop effort is also out of your control, automatic and effortless haah

Edited by Aaron p

To make no effort is the hardest task in the universe. xD

That's why it is sayed that enlightenment takes no effort B| get it?

Edited by Salvijus

Going from unconsciousness to consciousness is the hard part. 

The nature of our experience is just flowing, the eternal NOW, but at the same time it is ABSOLUTE STILLNESS, what a mind fuck.

It is the thinking mind that it is the problem which in a completely mind fucking way can seem to take over the Stillness of Being, and claims the experience as its own doing etc.

But once it is recognized that it is just a thought story happening about a character which is also illusory , one is just pure Freedom, the "ego" tho, is fucking amazing , it is perfect, but only seen when it is let go off.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

19 hours ago, Derek White said:

You need to put effort to raise your consciousness. I started on this forum by sharing this insight. Not putting effort is the biggest trap.

But consciousness is always present effortlessly. It doesn't really make sense to say raising consciousness because consciousness can't really be raised, consciousness is always consciousness

@Raptorsin7 Yeah, raising consciousness are not really the best expression, but I think he meant that you need to make effort to clear away confusion, distortion and basically wake up from egoic consciousness.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:12 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

But consciousness is always present effortlessly. It doesn't really make sense to say raising consciousness because consciousness can't really be raised, consciousness is always consciousness

A lot of things don't make sense. Any concept used to describe consciousness, including this one, is incomplete because it is limited and consciousness is infinite. It's much more sophisticated than effort vs. effortlessness and more than our minds can make sense of.

Consciousness includes everything, including differences in it. You can be in different states of consciousness and some states are more "truthful" and "higher" than others.

Concentration, contemplation, shamanic breathing, taking psychedelics, yoga,... all this requires effort. Monkey mind will not magically stop or enlighten you, awakenings will not magically fall on your lap while you wait in your comfort zone. Even if you want to let go you need to put effort. There are certain things you can't let go off immediately. You need to have a strong intent to let go, a long term purpose and you need to keep trying the letting go technique, all this requires effort. And maybe those "higher" states require effort to achieve and sustain.

If you don't put effort you will be sitting in the couch eating Doritos and drinking Mountain Dew while watching YouTube videos in your mom's basement, for years. You will go along with the flow of your toxic culture and your bad habits. A limbo. I fell into the same trap. It took me many years to turn the ship around. You need effort to stay healthy and to even stay alive. You will not be conscious if you are unhealthy, broke and fat.

Your mind may be coopting spirituality to remain lazy. Don't theorize about it, actually try it and let your results guide you. 

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

2 hours ago, Derek White said:

A lot of things don't make sense. Any concept used to describe consciousness, including this one, is incomplete because it is limited and consciousness is infinite. It's much more sophisticated than effort vs. effortlessness and more than our minds can make sense of.

Consciousness includes everything, including differences in it. You can be in different states of consciousness and some states are more "truthful" and "higher" than others.

Concentration, contemplation, shamanic breathing, taking psychedelics, yoga,... all this requires effort. Monkey mind will not magically stop or enlighten you, awakenings will not magically fall on your lap while you wait in your comfort zone. Even if you want to let go you need to put effort. There are certain things you can't let go off immediately. You need to have a strong intent to let go, a long term purpose and you need to keep trying the letting go technique, all this requires effort. And maybe those "higher" states require effort to achieve and sustain.

If you don't put effort you will be sitting in the couch eating Doritos and drinking Mountain Dew while watching YouTube videos in your mom's basement, for years. You will go along with the flow of your toxic culture and your bad habits. A limbo. I fell into the same trap. It took me many years to turn the ship around. You need effort to stay healthy and to even stay alive. You will not be conscious if you are unhealthy, broke and fat.

Your mind may be coopting spirituality to remain lazy. Don't theorize about it, actually try it and let your results guide you. 

I see your point, but you're just wrong about the nature of effort and how to progress on the path.

I know what I'm seeking because of psych trips, and I can feel a steady progression in that direction despite many of the toxic habits you described above.

I was worried that my toxic habits would keep me stuck but i've been progressing steadily for the past few months in spite of all that.

True progress is literally effortless because consciousness is already effortlessly doing whatever is happening. When you are putting in effort you are out of step with progress on the path

Edited by Raptorsin7

5 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

When you are putting in effort you are out of step with progress on the path

'when you are putting in effort'  (or when you are not) IS the path.. and it's effortless.  There is one path, and you're on already on it, and any move you make to stay on the path, or stray from it, is just more 'the path'.  

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."