Demeter

Kundalini awakening and psychedelics

13 posts in this topic

The awakening of the kundalini and its movement up the spine to various chakras is related to enlightenment and the gaining of spiritual insights. The kundalini and the activation of the chakras form the physiological basis (psychically) of self-realisation. These accompany meditation practices. Full realisation is said to occur once the kundalini reaches the crown chakra. 

If realisation can also take place through psychedelics, what part does the kundalini play in those instances? Do psychedelics activate the kundalini as well, or smoothen its path through the chakras? Does anyone sensed this or has seen it occur in others? I am sure there are people on this forum who have experienced a kundalini awakening either through meditation or spontaneously who may be able to cast some light on this.

19 minutes ago, Demeter said:

The awakening of the kundalini and its movement up the spine to various chakras is related to enlightenment and the gaining of spiritual insights. The kundalini and the activation of the chakras form the physiological basis (psychically) of self-realisation. These accompany meditation practices. Full realisation is said to occur once the kundalini reaches the crown chakra. 

If realisation can also take place through psychedelics, what part does the kundalini play in those instances? Do psychedelics activate the kundalini as well, or smoothen its path through the chakras? Does anyone sensed this or has seen it occur in others? I am sure there are people on this forum who have experienced a kundalini awakening either through meditation or spontaneously who may be able to cast some light on this.

I've had kundalini awakening and Psychedelic awakening. Not all awakenings use Kundalini, but Kundalini can be used.

There are many mountains, many peaks.

One school one say one thing, another will say another.

I am still working on my Qi, and kundalini energy. You can totally use them for enlightenment.

To understand each one, you simply have to try them. The great thing about psychedelics is it can be a pretty fast thing.

Kundalini and Qi or Kyra take hours, and years of practice but I think create a deeper baseline awakening and plenty more benefits.

I know a lot more Qi in general than Kundalini. The more I practice, the deeper I realize energy work goes.

There are different types of awakenings that use different systems, functions, tools etc and contain different realizations and flavours.

imo something like 5meo is going to give you a deeper awakening than kundalini but it wont be sustained. 5meo is very energetic imo. 

They are definitely all related and I would build a toolkit.

I don't really know much about Kundalini.... But it is a form of Qi energy.

For me I am using Qigong for overall physical, mental and energetic health and have many mini awakenings through the practice that are in my consciousness and in my energetic/ emotion body, organs, nervous system etc

If you want a total non-dual infinite awakening into God conciousness and love... 5meo is your direct ticket.

Each substance, practice, school, teaching, etc will have different aspects and flavours of spiritual and personal growth. Each are important and you will find what you are attracted to and resonate with.

Still learning though, I have have kundalini awakenings but I am a newb with it. I know more about Qigong mostly when it comes to energy work. 

The Kundalini practices I have done are shrimps compared to a 5meodmt experience.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I think energy and awareness are deeply linked together. If you rise energy, automatically you'll be more aware, like cranking up the voltage in a lightbulp, the higher the voltage, the brighter it shines. In a similar way the higher your energies are, more aware you become. 

?❤️

Awakening aside, one useful thing to know is that some psychedelics such as LSD do interfere energetically. You can totally awaken kundalini on it, and feel the energy centers very profoundly. Some Yogis use this as an argument against psychedelics, saying they do interfere with the practices, which frankly is true. I had to stop microdosing at some point, because it was not sustainable along with the Kriya practice. 

Check out my project's new music video about climate change issues: Day Of Change - Earth Failure (Official music video)

8 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Thought ArtArtdArtArtd

How many levels of technique does quigong have.

There are thousands of styles, techniques, concepts, approaches, and a number of different applications.

There isn't really levels, but different techniques for different physical, emotional, consciousness and energetic work. 

For example: 5 Elements, Animal Frolics, Healing Sounds, Three Treasures, Microcosmic Orbit, Budha Palm, Iron Shirt, Tai Chi, etc

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I'd caution you against equating Kundalini with enlightenment; this is a shallow understanding, I think.

While I only have limited experience with Kundalini, from what I've experienced it is very physical.  It absolutely seems intelligent (which is kind of amazing), and seems to cooperate with the quest to awaken.  For example, minor Kundalini has helped me drill away at the physical identification of "self" in my bodily sensations.

While it may have something to do with sharpening or elevating awareness (which can be a tool for deepening insight), Kundalini is not enlightenment, nor is a mystical experience induced by it.  The insight into the nature of experience and existence, along with the gradual dissolution of all forms of identity--that is enlightenment :) 

That being said, I would not be surprised if the chakras "open" with some correlation to depth of insight.  Equating the energy/yogic way of talking about enlightenment is tricky, but I imagine this is sort of what is going on.  I personally shy away from the magical-ness of the yogic traditions because I don't find that language to be practically useful in figuring out how to proceed.

Kundalini energy has great relevance for awakenings and the apparent evolution of consciousness. There's a whole structure that the apparent individual can advance through -- the Buddhist outline for it is pretty thorough, and it culminates in arahatship, a state of ultimate detachment via ultimate engagement. But it has nothing to do with enlightenment, which is the end of mystical experiences, and the apparent end of what never was -- actuality.

Psychedelics are funny in a unique way. If there is thought activity during the trip, the truth sort of says ‘oh really, point to what that thought is referring to’, and there is much laughter about words which are like similar. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

24 years ago, when I was 23, I travelled with my best friend to Amsterdam. We decided to try psilocybe mushrooms for the first time. 
At first we were enjoying the kaleidoscopic effects, but soon it got a lot deeper than that. As I was sitting cross-legged on a chair, I closed my eyes and felt a powerful pull towards a big black nothing inside of me. I knew it was decision time. Try and fight it to keep my identity intact, or let go and surrender to whatever comes. I let go. 
Soon, a massive energy started to build up at the base of my spine. Moving, contracting, expanding, growing and rising. I kept  just witnessing in wonder. When the pillar of energy reached my throat, I had one more moment of hesitation (will it suffocate me if it goes through my throat?). Again, I decided to surrender and accept whatever comes. 

The next thing I remember, was this pillar of energy shooting up into my head and exploding in white light. It was as if I've been wandering through life in darkness up to that point, holding only a candle to show me the way. Now, everything, EVERYTHING was illuminated. Knowledge simply poured into me. Although a lot more information was "downloaded", what I managed to retain afterwards was enough to completely change my life. 
I considered myself an atheist up to that point, but afterwards I could no longer deny the existence of AllThereIs.

Since I had no idea about what had just happened, I started diving into any book about spirituality, philosophy, religion, Self-Help, psychology, mysticism and and and. Concepts that would have been far over my head before, I could now understand effortlessly.

Is this experience enlightenment? No, I don't think so. An awakening, yes, definitely.

I spent the next 20 years feeding off of this experience, working on myself, my shadows and my relationships. I got married and established myself quite successfully in the material world by doing something I'm passionate about. But eventually I realized that this wasn't enough for me. The progress was steady, but it wasn't the main priority in my life. This changed when I started to practice Kriya Yoga every day. 

Personally, I think this is an essential component in my development. In terms of Spiral Dynamics, I would say I spent 20 years establishing a strong foothold at Yellow and now I'm starting to get more familiar with Turquoise. 

The Kundalini awakening was a peak experience which propelled me from Green to Turquoise, but I had to put in a lot of work over many years to reach Turquoise again. 

This is not to say that kundalini automatically awakens by using psychedelics. In fact, while I was experiencing infinite bliss, my friend had quite the opposite trip. He was holding on to his ego for dear life and was panicking. I had to force myself to "come back" and reassure him.

You can not force Kundalini to awaken. Even if you practice kundalini yoga for many years, there is no guarantee. Kundalini has its own mind and agenda. If and when she comes, is on her own terms. You can lay the foundations for her by living in a certain way, but her appearance is ultimately down to her Grace and Blessing.

Hope this helps.

On 10/7/2021 at 8:02 PM, Demeter said:

Psychedelics helped activate my crown chakra and other more subtle chakras such as the forehead chakra focused on power. That one really gave me the self confidence upgrade necessary to deal with divine and profane forces. Crown chakra development was my main goal a few months into this year and sped up my progress a lot. It taught me I could have awakenings without psychedelics or meditation. Learn to control your chakras, develop your ability to access jhanas, and then take psychedelics and being well beyond Buddha is possible for you in my opinion. You’ve got a lot of advantages in 2021.

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

one of the first times I did 5 meo it was weird, not complete. My legs went numb from the calf down and I noticed great pain in my feet and hands. After hours this disappeared, but the next day I had spasms and fasciculations in the muscles of the legs, many per minute. this lasted for several days, long enough to cause me to go into paranoia of neurological damage. One night I focused on those sensations, and noticed how I could somehow release the energy. I began to do it more and more until it became an explosion, jets of energy of minutes of almost unbearable intensity, from the pelvis, feet and hands and head. after an hour of these discharges the thing stopped, and the fasciculations had completely disappeared. apart I noticed a release in some way definitive, repressed energies had been released

@Breakingthewall Fasciculation is a new word on me, I must admit - had to google it, it's a muscle spasm for anyone else who wasn't sure. In the East I believe they'd call this a kriya, it's very common in relation to kundalini awakening.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan