mmKay

Heavy metal toxicity sources

6 posts in this topic

I was thinking about possible sources that may have intoxicated me with heavy metals throughout my life, and I came up with : 

Tap water: Cooking, cleaning dishes, showering, rinsing mouth after brushing teeth, even making coffee and I remember my teachers at school telling me to drink tap water.

food: Low quality vegetables, fruits and meat possibly poluted and grown in low quality soil that use the crappiest " water " possible. Meat soup where the bones leak the accumulated heavy metals. Lot's of fish and seafood. Mostly fed tuna by my parents and I allways loved shellfish ( f*ck me )

Hygiene products : mostly deodorant ( aluminum )

Cookware : I remember keeping the trashiest most scratched teflon coated pans for so long. Same with teflon coated sandwich grills, and teflon coated rice cookers. I'm concerned that even though I only use the rice cooker to steam food, it still may leak teflon.

And now the biggest one and the one that made me create this post : Traffic.

For as long as I can remember, I've allways lived no further than 200 metres from a big road with 24/7 traffic. Sometimes even closer than that, for years and years . It just hit me today as I was going to the gym that the " fresh air " that I'm getting on my nice morning walk is not fresh at all , but possibly poluted with all kinds of heavy metals like lead and other poisonous gases.

As I recently discovered my Life purpose, I understand that to share and articulate wisdom in the most efficient way I NEED to get going with the detox.

I had an intuition that I may be a little toxic, but now looking back I must be toxic as f*ck. 

And I was wondering why I have to deal with chronic fatigue and brain fog at 23 yrs old.

How toxic would you say living next to a big road is ? my intuition says it's almost worse than smoking.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Living within half a mile of a major highway is shown to cause increased cancer and other health problems.

It's definitely a factor and you should not live within a mile of any highway.

The toxins from traffic pollution will be way worse than just heavy metals. There will be shit in the air that you will probably never be able to detox.

Not everything is as easily detoxed as heavy metals.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

As moving is not an option at the moment, would you recommend some  in home air purifiers? Or it's all BS and and a waste of money?

Maybe I could incorporate a life long 2 day water fast once a month habit. It may be useless, or not .

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

27 minutes ago, mmKay said:

would you recommend some  in home air purifiers? Or it's all BS and and a waste of money?

I don't know the science on that.

Definitely at least change your AC filters frequently and buy the highest quality, most expensive filters.

Water fasting is not going to detox heavy metals and pollutants.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

40 minutes ago, mmKay said:

As moving is not an option at the moment, would you recommend some  in home air purifiers?

I use an air purifier at home constantly (certainly during the summer months). I live in a rural area and it's excellent for purifying dust / pollen / bacteria. Can purify a room in about 10 mins. I'm sure they would work for other air pollutants. Do your research, don't be cheap and get good quality filters and change them regular.

On 07/10/2021 at 8:43 AM, mmKay said:

How toxic would you say living next to a big road is ?

200 meters is not that close. DO you have other houses in front of you? Do you have lots of trees around? Is the street you live close to the main traffic street in the city? While traffic pollution is certainly a concern nowadays you shouldn't be getting heavy metals from it since the fuel is unleaded. What you may get are volatile organic compounds, PAHs and some of the emissive factors and toxic gases. All of us are exposed to that to a degree. 

A good way to keep your house clean is to buy a high-quality HEPA filter, something more expensive I'd say. DOn't buy some small cheap garbage, that will fill in half a day. You need something that can filter 24/7. 

Also, I'd avoid those busy streets on hot sunny days, as counterintuitive as that is, the UV rays react with those VOCs from emissions and create a super toxic ozone. Either that or just wear a mask. 

There is a more than can be done but the above would be quite significant reduction. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus