Tyler Durden

Breathing, drinking, eating, sleeping - illusion of survival?

27 posts in this topic

Biologicaly speaking breathing, drinking, eating and sleeping are crucial for our survival. Without any of them, we would die really soon. But having in mind that death is an illusion, does that make all of these things illusions as well? Do they only exist so this dream seems more realistic but without any use in keeping us alive?

Yeah,

Like in Mario how he has to jump over the gaps. If he falls in he dies but its still just a game.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Oh the irony of Tyler Durden, an imaginary man, inquiring about being alive :P I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Too much thinking. Have you try breathing, eating, and sleeping? They're great.

7 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Yeah,

Like in Mario how he has to jump over the gaps. If he falls in he dies but its still just a game.

That makes sense. Good analogy.

5 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

Oh the irony of Tyler Durden, an imaginary man, inquiring about being alive :P I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Hey, God created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. He should take some responsibility! ?

2 hours ago, impulse9 said:

Too much thinking. Have you try breathing, eating, and sleeping? They're great.

Yes they are but I was wondering is that feeling also an illusion tricking us into thinking we are actually doing something necessary for our survival.

Illusion in the sense they have no independent existence on their own, yes 

But unless 'You' want to die relatively speaking, I wouldn't advise going without any for too long lmao 

Be careful conflating absolute truths in relative domains. 

Absolutely speaking getting beaten up is an illusion, probably not gonna go intentionally get beaten up though 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

32 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Illusion in the sense they have no independent existence on their own, yes 

But unless 'You' want to die relatively speaking, I wouldn't advise going without any for too long lmao 

Be careful conflating absolute truths in relative domains. 

Absolutely speaking getting beaten up is an illusion, probably not gonna go intentionally get beaten up though 

Yes, I understand that. I was just wondering is it possible to bypass it once you realise it's an illusion or you have to go along with it your entire life.

Edited by Tyler Durden

@Tyler Durden Same world, same rules

That's not to say it doesn't have any effect, even scientific literature is catching up on the link between mental & physical health. 

Maybe there's rare exceptions, but I think for the vast, vast majority survival acts will continue- but they'll likely be upgrades- Healthier eating, sleeping, breathing & drinking habits for example. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Anything you can imagine is possible, that's not the question, because this is all imagination RIGHT NOW anyways. So you can experience whatever you can imagine like you're experiencing THIS. The question, in that sense, is not if it is possible, the question is can you really, truly, believe that you can experience those things you talked about. If you can truly and fully believe, like you are believing in this reality of THIS, and i mean experientially, not cognitively, then you can experience anything, anything, you can imagine. 

It is about being in tune with your true self, that is God, right now, and move in alignment with that intelligence. If at some point you can truly begin to believe in those ideas, then you can experience them also, but it would be a smooth transitioning, if it is really relevant for you, in that sense. Don't try to do these things if you are not truly aligned with these ideas yet, or you will, probably, hurt yourself. 

We should appreciate certain illusions, survival is definitely one of them.

Just because it's illusory doesn't mean it isn't important. God designed it this way.

Seeing through the game doesn't mean we should turn off the console per say. 

Recognize it is a game, but continue to play (if you wish...it's not required).

1 hour ago, Terell Kirby said:

We should appreciate certain illusions, survival is definitely one of them.

Just because it's illusory doesn't mean it isn't important. God designed it this way.

Seeing through the game doesn't mean we should turn off the console per say. 

Recognize it is a game, but continue to play (if you wish...it's not required).

Yes, I'm aware God designed it that way, I was just wondering is it possible to live a life with less stress about survival once you realize that.

You will always stress about survival, because you exist as a biological being with a functioning nervous system. Are you less scared of death and pain after some level of realization? Absolutely. But seeing as there is no divide between the mundane and the infinite/transcendent, there's no reason to fight survival, either. Ice cream will always be better than having your fingernails ripped off, in your experience. 

23 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

You will always stress about survival, because you exist as a biological being with a functioning nervous system. Are you less scared of death and pain after some level of realization? Absolutely. But seeing as there is no divide between the mundane and the infinite/transcendent, there's no reason to fight survival, either. Ice cream will always be better than having your fingernails ripped off, in your experience. 

That seems like a reasonable explanation. Dream has its rules that have to be obeyed even though we know that God actually keeps us alive and not oxygen, food, water or sleep.

Edited by Tyler Durden

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That seems like a reasonable explanation. Dream has its rules that have to be obeyed even though we know that God actually keeps us alive and not oxygen, food, water or sleep.

Well, technically speaking, oxygen, food, water, and sleep do keep you alive. You exist right now as an individual being, and if you stop playing by the rules, there are consequences - namely, the destruction of the system that relies on you playing by those rules. In this case, that means your body will perish without those things. God is a term that represents the totality of the experience, so it's closer to say that God doesn't keep anything alive—it is life, in a broad sense. God, as a stand-in for reality, cannot be killed—but you, as an individual, certainly can be. 

6 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

Well, technically speaking, oxygen, food, water, and sleep do keep you alive. You exist right now as an individual being, and if you stop playing by the rules, there are consequences - namely, the destruction of the system that relies on you playing by those rules. In this case, that means your body will perish without those things. God is a term that represents the totality of the experience, so it's closer to say that God doesn't keep anything alive—it is life, in a broad sense. God, as a stand-in for reality, cannot be killed—but you, as an individual, certainly can be. 

That's true from a biological perspective but does any of those things really happen the way science says? Does oxygen turns into energy inside our mitohondria? Does food gets digested in our stomach and intestines? Does water carries nutrients and oxygen to our cells? Do we sleep for 8 hours so our brain can rest? Or all of that is just an illuson?

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's true from a biological perspective but does any of those things really happen the way science says? Does oxygen turns into energy inside our mitohondria? Does food gets digested in our stomach and intestines? Does water carries nutrients and oxygen to our cells? Do we sleep for 8 hours so our brain can rest? Or all of that is just an illuson?

I mean, relatively speaking, yes, all of those things do happen. Imagination does not mean that we're just making random shit up. Sure, the universe is doing that all the time, but these things evolved through stable structures. For somebody who has diabetes, insulin has a real effect, not just an illusory one. Relative = absolute, so there is zero divide between what is imagined and what is "real." 

All of that is just an illusion, but, in a sense like when Einstein says :D, a very stubborn, persistent, illusion. 

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Do we sleep for 8 hours so our brain can rest? Or all of that is just an illuson?

Here's the important thing to understand.  Reality is like a dream, but it's not exactly the same as a dream.  Reality is 'created' via the process of 'imagined duality/multiplicity'... essentially what this means is- Reality SEEMS Real (it gets it's realness) when Mind/God/Infinity sets imaginary limits on itself.  When it imagines a 'you' and 'that which is not you'.. when it imagines an up and a down.. a hard and a soft.. these things 'exist' relative to each other.. this is relativity, duality.  

So you see.. it's not that physical reality is 'just an illusion'.. it 'exists' as illusion.  The 'illusion' of separateness literally gives rise to, or 'manifests' reality.. it makes it 'real'. 

This is why I ask people to consider: Is this forum real, or imaginary?   The answer is, 'both!'  or 'it doesn't matter which it is, Either it IS real, or it's not real but seems like it is, and I can't tell which it is'.. 

It's the SEEMING that's important.. how things 'SEEM' to you, is how they ARE for you, until they seem some other way, at which point things are still 'how they ARE to you' (how it seems to you). 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

1 hour ago, OneHandClap said:

I mean, relatively speaking, yes, all of those things do happen. Imagination does not mean that we're just making random shit up. Sure, the universe is doing that all the time, but these things evolved through stable structures. For somebody who has diabetes, insulin has a real effect, not just an illusory one. Relative = absolute, so there is zero divide between what is imagined and what is "real." 

But none of this things is happening inside my direct experience. I'm not aware of the processes inside my body. It can all be just a belief and not a true fact.

Edited by Tyler Durden