Leo Gura

The Pandora Papers

18 posts in this topic

Oh wow, big news

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The first of a thousand dominos towards exposing corruption. 

And this only exposes a tiny fraction of it. These papers don't seem to mention Australia but two of our state premiers just resigned this week after their massive amounts of corruption and favoritism came out over the last year or so. 

We need to consider syndicalism or intelligently designed anti-corruption regulatory bodies soon. 

But we have another infinite regress problem, who regulates the regulators? Seems the only solution is genuine, high-integrity leaders. Good luck with that humanity.

Damn! That's what I call proper journalism. 

It would've been weird if this wasn't true. I don't get why people are surprised.

People are selfish. Anyone in their place would abuse their position of power to their benefit. With as little effort as they can possibly get away with. Come on...

16 minutes ago, somegirl said:

People are selfish. Anyone in their place would abuse their position of power to their benefit. With as little effort as they can possibly get away with. Come on...

Not everyone but most probably would.

18 hours ago, Staples said:

But we have another infinite regress problem, who regulates the regulators? Seems the only solution is genuine, high-integrity leaders. Good luck with that humanity.

A.I. should lead us

I would have been more shocked if politicians didn't make 100s of millions of dollars. That would have been news. 

@PurpleTree Imagine being in a position where you can control basically anything and anyone and you don't use that opportunity to make millions with little to no effort? Why grind and suffer in life when you can make your life be on easy-mode?

Only a person with strong and high integrity and high consciousness wouldn't abuse their position. Which is basically not so many people. And plus such people wouldn't even want to be politicians in the first place.

Edited by somegirl

@somegirl I don't have high integrity and consciousness to not be tempted to abuse my position to make millions at least not yet, maybe i will become more conscious in the future and more selfless.

I am just being honest here, i hope i wont get judged here. 

Danm. Our finance minister " Chicago boy", Paulo Guedes, appears in the Pandora Papers leak of records as an asset holder in offshore tax havens too.

People are really angry at him.

What a shocker. Rich and powerful people breaking the law for... money and power. :o

Man, I can't wait to see the people exposed actually being held accountable! 9_9

In other news, journalists all across the world have suddenly started having suicidal thoughts, mostly by 2 gun shots in the back of the head! 

Edited by CultivateLove

Capitol G by Trent Reznor

"Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person.

You haven't had enough to know what it's like.

You're only angry 'cause you wish you were in my position.

Now nod your head because you know that I'm right, all right!"

hrhrhtewgfegege

Some background on some journalists involved with the International Consortium for Investigative Journalists other organizational ties and partnerships and the sources of funding of those organizations by GreyZone 'independent' (I haven't seen them either anywhere disclose some of the sources of their funding either) media co-editor Ben Norton:

One of the main groups behind both the Pandora Papers & Panama Papers is top

@ICIJorg partner @OCCRP

OCCRP (The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project) is funded by -US State Dept -USAID -NED -EU -the UK -Sweden -Denmark -billionaire Soros -billionaire Omidyar -Ford Foundation (CIA front) -Rockefeller Brothers Fund (CIA front).

Not calling into question the legitimacy of their findings but the posing question in the reasons behind its possible selectiveness and absolvement of potential others involved. Does there exist the culture among the information intake and consumption by the US and other Western media affiliated public to be interested in following the money of their own media houses and be thus skeptical of the objectivity of their full coverage? 

OCCRP funders and supporters list.png

ICIJorg jouno list.jpg

ICIJorg journo 2 list.jpg

OCCRP affiliated journos.jpg

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Capitol G by Trent Reznor

"Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person.

You haven't had enough to know what it's like.

You're only angry 'cause you wish you were in my position.

Now nod your head because you know that I'm right, all right!"

Loooooooooove that song!

This isn’t really news to me, though. Abuses of money and power are constant. Good on them for gathering the evidence of it! But really, it’s just more fuel for a confirmation bias.

I wonder if the Sacklers were included?

Publisher : Who do you want to expose ?

Reporters : Yes

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Not surprised 90% of people would do this if they were in their position, I wonder if humans will still act like this 500 years from now, how does a society even begin to correct people who think like this?