Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striving for more

Should you still go out & do pick up (solo) even when you feel sad & tired?

29 posts in this topic

So I already posted on a Reddit page and messaged with a guy in my area that wants to go out picking up women.

Ironically, I asked a friend whos married now and he said when he lived in Japan he had a friend really into pickup that he went out to bars with and he just did what he did. 

This is good advice!

52 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Know any details? I’ll bet they got accused of hate speech or something similar. Because how dare they teach guys how to improve themselves and socialize in a way women find attractive, right? 

Cancel culture strikes again 

Don’t just blame cancel culture.

No one is mad that guys are improving themselves. That just fuels a self-righteous attitude. It’s more complex than that. 

And there are some legitimately shady things taught in the pua world.

I think RSD was definitely one of the better group of teachers and had healthier teachings overall. But the overall industry has lots of toxicity.

17 hours ago, aurum said:

As I already said in this thread, hit the online forums.

This is where a sizeable number of pua guys still congregate.

And go to local pua events. Like if RSD does a free tour or event in your city, 100% go to that.

That is totally fine. However there is no way i am spending dozens of hours on making friends i do not like just to get sex. I would rather hit on girls during that time. If i want to make friends just to get laid i can just do social circle, works much better. To me the whole point of pick up is to be self reliant about your sex life, kinda like being financially independent.

15 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Why?

Because of cancel culture, butthurt feminists and puas acting like juvenille douchebags online.

Edited by Karmadhi

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I am not talking about your lame ass old friends. I mean, befriend guys who are specifically into pickup.

So a guy that is not into pickup is lame? That is quite a mature comment coming from you Leo...

1 hour ago, Karmadhi said:

That is totally fine. However there is no way i am spending dozens of hours on making friends i do not like just to get sex.

That it will take too much “time” is just your excuse for not doing this.

You don’t actually care about the time.

In the time it took for us to have this conversation, you probably could have already made multiple friends.

The alternative is you spending even more time, spinning your wheels.

I would rather hit on girls during that time.

Which will likely get you no where except frustrated.

To me the whole point of pick up is to be self reliant about your sex life, kinda like being financially independent.

No, the whole point of pickup is to get the girl. Which, from what I gather from your posts, you are not.

Dating is inherently social. Its never been something people were self reliant on. There is a reason why almost every guy meets women through their social circle, and it’s not that they’re all a bunch of losers who can’t approach. 

And why would you even want to be self-reliant? As long as you don’t fall into toxic co-dependency, it’s so much better to rely on other people. It’s way more fun and it’s waaaay easier.

If i want to make friends just to get laid i can just do social circle, works much better.

Good, then go do that. Forget about cold approach. Not every guy needs to do it.

Because of cancel culture, butthurt feminists and puas acting like juvenille douchebags online.

Good answer 

@aurum You are trying quite hard to install a limiting belief in me like : "You cannot talk to girls by yourself, you need someone with you". I will do it solo if i want and so be it. 

Edited by Karmadhi

23 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

My friends do not like going to clubs or have partners. Therefore i am required to go solo. Yes it is hard but grows you the most i think. I tried it once (kinda) and it was fucking hard but i enjoyed it in a strange way. I do not tend to vibe well at all with party animals and therefore it is more convienent for me to just go out alone than to spend dozens of hours befriending people i do not like and kissing their ass just to get them as a wingman. Personal choice i guess.

@aurum You are trying quite hard to install a limiting belief in me like : "You cannot talk to girls by yourself, you need someone with you". I will do it solo if i want and so be it. 

Get a group of friends who are reasonably similar to you who also enjoy going out every now and then and go along with them. And go out on your own sometimes too.

The only limiting belief here is the one you have that such people don't exist

2 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

You certainly can do it. I’ve done it. I’m not claiming it’s impossible to get some level of results that way. You can do whatever you want.

But you are making it way, way harder than it needs to be. And most guys will never find success that way. I know I wouldn’t have.

Saying this is not a limiting belief. It’s not a limiting belief to say that cooperation, help and support is more powerful than trying to do everything yourself. That’s what all of society is built on. Interdependence.

But of course most people, including just about all pickup guys, have trauma relative to relationships. Which is the whole reason they have to do pua in the first place.

So when I suggest that getting good at pua actually involves forming relationships, that’s a no-go.

Guys would rather try to fulfill some sort of individualist, lone wolf fantasy. They don’t trust people. They’re afraid of being vulnerable. And it manifests as them not liking people and not liking socializing.

All of this is coming from past pain.

And it could be that this isn’t the case for you. Maybe your relationship to relationships and socializing is healthy. I don’t know. I don’t know you.

But this is the trend I’ve seen over and over again having been the pua community for years. Traumatized guys, trying to avoid real socializing and real relationships. Trying to be a pua troll that come out of their basement whenever they want, fuck a girl, and then go back to their basement.

It never works. And if it did, that’s even sadder.

So yes I push hard on this point. Especially since people are so socially isolated from covid. I’m going to continually hammer that guys need to actually have wings and friends if they want to learn this.