somegirl

Why did God make women physically weaker than men?

72 posts in this topic

For a start, God is not human. It's only humans that value humans over non-human things.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Emotionalmosquito exactly. I think it's so hard for us to understand because we're naturally biased. We like pleasure over pain. Whereas (and I didn't have direct experience of God) God loves everything equally. 

@Carl-Richard No but he’s partially human. And he (it) is fully aware of everything it’s getting itself into before each incarnation. Imagine being a pagan in the Middle Ages being tortured in a dungeon for the rest of your life by the church. I don’t get it.

Edited by Emotionalmosquito

14 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

@Carl-Richard No but he’s partially human. And he (it) is fully aware of everything it’s getting itself into before each incarnation. Imagine being a pagan in the Middle Ages being tortured in a dungeon for the rest of your life by the church. I don’t get it.

God is also an ant, a sperm, a bacteria, a virus.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

God is less all the bullshit that appears to happen but the Author of it. So while you're thinkin you're gonna experience all this horrific bullshit, and Voldemort and horcruxes, you're really just JK Rowling. So while it's not entirely untrue that she didn't experience Dumbledore's death, as creator you're always safe and sound. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw That's good, I'm bookmarking that.  Could be the weed but it hit me at the right time.

@Loba? Who knew the solution to being too dramatic is to get even MORE dramatic? Conscious of your own drama = author of it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw *takes a hit, blows it in the air like a dragon*  True that.  That's what I'm striving for.  Or rather not.  It's kind of both.  Some days though it's just so clear.  We are alive and that's amazing and it is such a blessing to be able to take that breath that I just took.  Some days the author is really apparent.  

9 hours ago, somegirl said:

@Emotionalmosquito exactly. I think it's so hard for us to understand because we're naturally biased. We like pleasure over pain. Whereas (and I didn't have direct experience of God) God loves everything equally. 

Think about it.

Why do you enjoy pleasure ?

Cause you know pain ...

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 10/3/2021 at 9:18 PM, somegirl said:

Why did God think it was gonna be a good idea?

Women have suffered lots of abuse, rape and mistreatment throughout history because they couldn't physically protect themselves. Physical strength is number one advantage that guy has over women.

God is everything and all-knowing. God knew some men would misuse their physical power. If God knew there were gonna be a lot of abuse and mistreatment that women would endure due to their physical weakenss, why would God create us that way? 

Maybe women's power isn't physical but psychological.

You're trying to rationalize something you will never get a sufficient answer to. The simplest way to conceive of this is evolution. Almost everything biological can be explained through evolutionary theory. Some structures hold up better than others. For example, a fast zebra subspecies will outlive a slower one, assuming the slower one doesn't have any other advantage in its environment. Similarly, modern humans are the descendants of past humans who were "fitter" to survive in their contemporary environment. There's no need to speculate about metaphysical reasons why X is stronger/weaker than Y.