SQAAD

Why Call Reality Love?

105 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you were not selfish there would be no difference between the sensation of ice cream and torture.

Who cares about both. 

@Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you were not selfish there would be no difference between the sensation of ice cream and torture.

I don't buy this... 

The difference in sensation would remain because the sensation of pain is not caused by selfishness. Maybe it would make no difference for your survival if you were not selfish. But that's something else.

The sensation is caused by a knife slowly cutting your fingers.

Edited by SQAAD

@Tim R

3 hours ago, Tim R said:

@SQAAD

Excruciating pain is simply the next level of this, but there is nothing inherently bad about it. 

Excruciating pain is inherently bad in the sense that we don't like it. If i were to torture 100 people, all 100 would find it a terrible traumatic experience. 

3 hours ago, Tim R said:

In torture, the beginning is the worst. When you are still full of all your attachments and fears etc. But then, as the torture proceeds, it has been reported by those who have undergone it, that when they gave up/in, they entered a kind of masochistic state of cooperation with the pain. 

When you give up your attachments and biases, there is nothing that could harm you and you are therefore able to accept whatever you previously thought was unacceptable.

Yes that can happen. I've seen people who were in much pain when they were being chopped off by some Mexican cartel who didn't make a lot of noises. You can tell when someone has accepted it or not.

3 hours ago, Tim R said:

When you give up your attachments and biases, there is nothing that could harm you and you are therefore able to accept whatever you previously thought was unacceptable.

All suffering stems from attachment. Without attachment, there is no suffering. 

Emotional suffering is a lot different than physical pain. It is true that you can learn to accept horrendous situations like a concentration camp. But i doubt you can accept some types of excruciating pain that is just too much....

Even if you surrender to it, i think you will still suffer a lot. You will wish that you were never even born. Just imagining this level of brutality and pain makes me terrified.

Edited by SQAAD

28 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Even if you surrender to it, i think you will still suffer a lot.

The more you surrender, the less you suffer. Zero suffering therefore means total surrendering. Total surrendering means death, at which point there is no surrendering anymore. 

So long as there is someone who surrenders to something/-one else, there is suffering.  Because what surrenders is "you". What suffers is always and only "you". When there is pain, but no one who is in pain, then there is no suffering. 

That's the story of Jesus on the cross. Unbearable, excruciating pain, physical and emotional. All you gave to people was Love, and in return, your closest friends betray and deny you, and they thrust 0,5 inch thick rusty metal nails through your hands and feet and let you hang and rot on a 10 ft tall wooden cross in the desert sun, while your loved ones are watching, helpless and in maddening despair. 

33 And when they had come to the place which is called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand and the other on the left.

34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

46 And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, into Thy hands I commend My spirit.” And having said thus, He gave up the ghost.

@Tim R

5 minutes ago, Tim R said:

So long as there is someone who surrenders to something/-one else, there is suffering.  Because what surrenders is "you". What suffers is always and only "you". When there is pain, but no one who is in pain, then there is no suffering. 

There is noone to suffer and there was never someone. I Agree. But the excruciating staggering pain remains.....

What happens when you love something? Your experience of it sharpens. Love is reality.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

But the excruciating staggering pain remains.....

Of course. The question is: so what?

@Tim R

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

Of course. The question is: so what?

I don't want to be that guy in the funkytown gore video or any other gore video for that matter. I don't want that level of pain in my awareness.

@Tim R

7 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@SQAAD I know. Me neither. 

xD ahahaha we are so doomed... 

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

The difference in sensation would remain because the sensation of pain is not caused by selfishness. Maybe it would make no difference for your survival if you were not selfish. But that's something else.

The sensation of pain is different than the sensation of pleasure.

But when you are selfless, your reactions to them is the same. Only when you are selfish can you experience pain differently than pleasure.

If you are selfless, you perceive both sensations equally as God/Love/Isness, and literally can't distinguish between the two.

It would make 0 difference whether you experience 1h of extreme pain or extreme pleasure.

If someone told you pleasure is better than pain, you would be confused and not understand at all what they talk about.

It would be a bit similar to someone telling you blue is better than green. That person is very serious about it and says to get headaches from seeing green and pleasure from seeing blue.

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

When you are dreaming, and a knife cuts your fingers, is the pain caused by the knife?

Of course not.

Pain is just imagined, and has no cause.

Like if you eat something in a dream and gain weight. Was it the food that caused you gaining weight?

@SQAAD Don't worry, it's all good. You will never be that guy from Funkytown. 

@Tim R

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

@SQAAD Don't worry, it's all good. You will never be that guy from Funkytown. 

But if non-duality is true then i was that guy in that gore video and i personally lived through that horrendous experience..... This is terrifying...................therefore it's not all good. :(

Edited by SQAAD

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Notice this intetesting fact: when you make love to someone, you seek to unite with them, and then you orgasm at the peak of your union.

But this union is still physically limited because your bodies can only get so close. But if you were not limited by a body, your spirit would literally fuse with and become identical to the one you love, until there was no long as distinction between you and your lover.

Your spirit craves deep sexual union and yet you are not aware enough to understand why you crave it so badly.

Unity is Love.

God is the ultimate Unity.

God IS everything because God loves everything.

Love is metaphysical identity.

"

The seeking itself is God. In seeking you find that you are neither body nor mind, and the love of the Self in you is for the Self in all. The two are one. The consciousness in you and the consciousness in me, apparently two, really one, seek unity and that is love.

"

Nisargadatta

8 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Jakuchu

I don't think pain & pleasure is a matter of preference. It's more like something biological. If i torture you, you don't like it no matter how selfless you are or what preferences you have.

the mystic is indifferent to what befalls the flesh and bones, one dream is as good as another

@Leo Gura

How do you choose the topics for your videos if there is no difference between anything? 

You made a video on Jordan Peterson but not one about a hippo 

So, are Jordan Peterson and hippos different? Why do you value making a video about Jordan Peterson more than making one about a hippo if there is no difference? 

2 hours ago, Jakuchu said:

@Leo Gura

How do you choose the topics for your videos if there is no difference between anything? 

So, are Jordan Peterson and hippos different? Why do you value making a video about Jordan Peterson more than making one about a hippo if there is no difference? 

You are conflating relative and absolute matters. See my video: Relative vs Absolute Truth

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Jakuchu said:

@Leo Gura

There is no difference from an absolute perspective, but from a relative perspective, there is a difference.

This insight is illustrated by the Yin-yang symbol:

yinyang.gif

Yin and Yang are two parts that make up a whole. From one perspective, Yin and Yang are different, but from another perspective, they're the same.

Why? Because Yin and Yang can only be defined relative to eachother, and this means that they're dependent on eachother in order to exist. In order to exist as two, they have to simultaneously be one. Their difference is "relative" and their relationship is "absolute".

So it's both two and one, different and the same, relative and absolute, depending on which perspective you take. From a "relative perspective", differences exist, but from an "absolute perspective", there are no differences.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

From the absolute level you are imagining the difference between JP and a hippo. And since you are God, that imaginary difference becomes your reality. So you are lost inside your own fantasies while denying that you are fantasizing. Your vehement denial is what keeps you lost. That is, until you wake up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 10/4/2021 at 3:29 AM, SQAAD said:

I don't buy this... 

It is possible to raise one's consciousness enough to love deep physical pain.

How far its possible to go with the limits of the human mechanism who knows.

I have heard of stories of yogi's who got their arms cut off and were completely stoic and chill so 

who knows whats possible lol