March

How to know if you're enlightened?

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Any resources / videos / ideas on this?

I'd say i'm an intermediate in this spiritual work / stuff, done some self inquiry / comtemplation, etc... and i feel right now that i have had a lot of mystical / "no self" / "flow"? - just flow? or "enlightenment" experience, i do not know - and i genuinely have no idea whether my ego is tricking me or not...

what are the measure to know if you are enlightened?

thanks guys

can you "reverse enlightenment" / "unenlighten" yourself? this is just ego mind talking isnt it...

Riding a roller coaster may feel like a reversal, when you are on the descent of the latest hill. Eventually, the hills get smaller, until you return to the beginning of the ride.

3 hours ago, March said:

can you "reverse enlightenment" / "unenlighten" yourself? this is just ego mind talking isnt it...

I think you just answered your own question beautifully here.
You know you are enlightened when you know you can never unenlighten yourself. 

I am a newbie in this topic, but I don't think there will be any "you" left after "you" get enlightened.

Don't worry about that. There won't be any doubt.

uhhhh i don't really wanna reply to this... 

i was in a really retracted ego state during this...

its really weird

did a lot of crazy ego work / through unconventional means like doing stuff to just destroy the "ego" in ordinary life - like really uncomfortable / weird crazy stuff

and

idk gotta say definetely got something... in a way i could say suffering is gone...? but in a way its not...? like karma still applies... if i really indulge in a "self" / ego, the effects are still there... well anyway -> guess you could use my words as a case study... im a nutcase for sure haha

thanks for your views on this guys,

and moksha... you really confuse me... so...  ill null over your words..

love guys

Posted (edited)

On 10/2/2021 at 7:19 PM, March said:

Hey guys,

Any resources / videos / ideas on this?

I'd say i'm an intermediate in this spiritual work / stuff, done some self inquiry / comtemplation, etc... and i feel right now that i have had a lot of mystical / "no self" / "flow"? - just flow? or "enlightenment" experience, i do not know - and i genuinely have no idea whether my ego is tricking me or not...

what are the measure to know if you are enlightened?

thanks guys

You will never be enlightened -- you can neither know it or not know it, as there is no you (and there never was), and that's what enlightenment reveals. It's also the end of any possibility of mystical experiences; the end of anything really happening in time with real story. Nothing is added-on in apparent liberation; it involves the clearing up of knowing-need-energy, leaving nothing, which is all there is, and completely without meaning or purpose or limit of any kind.

It's the end of belief. Most obviously, it is the end of seeking for a better experience, which itself is of course not a better experience.

Nothing ever does what's apparently being done, because it's done. Already.

The apparent I seems to survive by (dreaming) being the imaginary separation between objects in the appearance. Ironically, it does this by trying to connect these objects xD -- and it of course fails... Nothing can be connected, because there's no separation -- actually there aren't even objects between which separation could even apply.

"We" aren't "connected" -- there's no separation, and not one reifiable separate object. This appearance is actually all there is -- there's nothing outside of it, and therefore nothing inside (as opposed to outside) either (so there is no it/this), since there is no outside. Nothing is actually knowable, nor is anything not-knowable... there's simply no knowing.

Edited by The0Self

3 minutes ago, The0Self said:

You will never be enlightened -- you can neither know it or not know it, as there is no you (and there never was), and that's what enlightenment reveals.

Be specific. The “you” as the a human cannot be enlightened. But alas we are not human, enlightenment transcends humans, and happens at the God level.

God can become enlightened to it’s true nature.

11 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Be specific. The “you” as the a human cannot be enlightened. But alas we are not human, enlightenment transcends humans, and happens at the God level.

God can become enlightened to it’s true nature.

When that goes all the way, it's recognized there never was anyone on a path, nor anyone separate from what is longed for. It was all the ungraspable appearing, for no one, and it was (quite unexpectedly) exactly what was looked for, the whole time.

6 minutes ago, The0Self said:

When that goes all the way, it's recognized there never was anyone on a path, nor anyone separate from what is longed for. It was all the ungraspable appearing, for no one, and it was (quite unexpectedly) exactly what was looked for, the whole time.

the paradox is that the no one you speak of is someone. That someone is you, that someone is invisible/formless. It’s You…it’s God.

God is the only Being that can be on the path to enlightenment.

6 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

the paradox is that the no one you speak of is someone. That someone is you, that someone is invisible/formless. It’s You…it’s God.

God is the only Being that can be on the path to enlightenment.

Okay so you believe that. That’s fine.

Posted (edited)

On 10/3/2021 at 8:39 AM, impulse9 said:

Don't worry about that. There won't be any doubt.

... until you doubt again :) 

Edited by Tim Ho

Hakuna matata

Internal knowing: 

Deep, deep love of truth

External knowing:

People surround you

People tell you you are pure and selfless

1 minute ago, Proserpina said:

Internal knowing: 

Deep, deep love of truth

External knowing:

People surround you

People tell you you are pure and selfless

<3

Hakuna matata

Posted (edited)

Knowledge is dualistic; You need two things to know one thing.

In this case, you need two thoughts to know whether or not you're enlightened; A thought about you in the past, and a thought about you right now.

Now, how do you know objectively? Like, what are the criteria? Well, you are either enlightened or deluded. The problem is that there's no real distinction to separate the two states. So, ultimately, you don't know if you're enlightened. In other words, when you're enlightened, you stop knowing.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Have faith.

5 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Knowledge is dualistic; You need two things to know one thing.

In this case, you need two thoughts to know whether or not you're enlightened; A thought about you in the past, and a thought about you right now.Now, how do you know objectively? Like, what are the criteria? Well, you are either enlightened or deluded. The problem is that there's no real distinction to separate the two states. So, ultimately, you don't know if you're enlightened. In other words, when you're enlightened, you stop knowing.

Can confirm. When I channel I don't know if I'm in an enlightened state or deluded. 

'People surrounding me' could be delusion or real.  There's not really a distinction (hense why I talk about aliens lol)