Insightful27

Taking LSD & DMT for the first time at 16. Do I need a sitter?

94 posts in this topic

@Insightful27 I'm 19. I have tripped and such since about 15. I'm currently slightly addicted to weed, where I have had certain awakenings using weed, which is one of my excuses fueling the addiction. I won't label this behavior "right" or "wrong" thus, because in the end, awareness is curative.

Use your awareness too young man, use your intuition here. By having even asked for other's advice, you are opening up for other's authority to affect you, but althewhile, stay connected to your intuition. If it feels right to try, because you have actually sit down and pondered your situation, and considered the potential risks, and it still feel right, then go! That is your intuition knowing everything will be fine.

So, the resource I will give you which you might want to consider to fuel your intuition is: If you are in a situation where your survival patterns hinges upon suppression of emotions, such as guilt, anger, grief, or if you eat a toxic diet, have an improper posture: All of these things will affect how the psychedelic will open your mind. See the psychedelic as a blood pressure; the more the pressure, the more blood to all veins, then the more clogs will be *hit upon* with more awareness.

The danger is for you to suddenly be aware of many of your deceptions. So, being prepared to let go is a wonderful tool for any trip.

Consider all your tools and potential risks, see if tripping feels right. Also, tripping means of course what dose you take, and you can of course start small.

On 2021-10-02 at 7:02 PM, Insightful27 said:

I managed to get some LSD and DMT with the intent of using it to expand my consciousness and awareness to places its never been before. I'm taking as many precautions as I can (reagent testing kits, tons of research, etc.). I would prefer to have a trip sitter, the only issue is that all of my friends are extremely close-minded and have no interest in even the shallowest parts of self-improvement. They also have never done psychedelics or anything like them so they would probably be shitty trip sitters anyway. I've heard everything from "its better to do them alone" to "you must have a sitter 100% of the time". Should I wait until I find the right person or would I be able to manage it by myself?

Bro dont listen to anyone. Do what feels right for you. Everyone that advise you to not do it are just people with illuiosary paradigms. From my experience LSD and DMT will expand and strenghten your mind but only with the right intention and setting. 

11 hours ago, Bacher said:

Everyone that advise you to not do it are just people with illuiosary paradigms

hahahah

18 hours ago, Droo_ said:

Just wondering though, at what times during the week/day do you plan on tripping? Don't you have school and parents and stuff that get in the way?

Nah my parents leave some weekends so Ill do it then. 

@Insightful27 I wouldn't want to be with another person while I'm tripping, however it would be best to have someone to help you in case of panic. First time is so shocking that you might have a stupid idea to call your parents or something like that.

I also recommend rectal administration. Trip is going to be smoother, more intense but less scary because of much shorter duration.

Edited by Username

On 4/10/2021 at 5:36 AM, Ry4n said:

The bottom line is 99.9% of 16 year olds lack the sufficient foundation for a trip. End of story.

On 3/10/2021 at 0:47, Insightful27 said:

99% of 30-year-olds don't have it either. on the contrary, they have been accumulating shit of all kinds and the chances of having a traumatic trip are greater. and if it is someone of 50, the risk multiplies. as he says, building a life based on truth and not survival is better than building a life based on survival and then deconstructing it. What can undermine your motivation to survive? I do not believe it. 

4 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

as he says, building a life based on truth and not survival is better than building a life based on survival and then deconstructing it.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking. No point in building my life around something that I'm going to have to deconstruct later.

5 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

building a life based on truth and not survival is better than building a life based on survival and then deconstructing it.

Only if you value truth more than life.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You want to trip, many people have offered good reasons not to do so at your age, and still you carry on by saying how everyone is wrong. Why even make this topic if you just wanted confirmation bias? 

12 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

If you haven't already, lucid dreaming is a much gentler way to expand and open. 

Yeah I've tried lucid dreaming and for my it was more me dreaming that I was lucid dreaming than actually lucid dreaming itself

8 hours ago, OneHandClap said:

You want to trip, many people have offered good reasons not to do so at your age, and still you carry on by saying how everyone is wrong. Why even make this topic if you just wanted confirmation bias? 

Reread my original post. I never asked for advice on whether or not I should trip, I asked about a trip sitter. However, I do apricate all the perspectives that people have shared, and many of them have opened my eyes and changed my mind. But at the end of the day I'm going to make the decision on what I think is best, not what strangers on an online forum think is best. 

43 minutes ago, Insightful27 said:

Yeah I've tried lucid dreaming and for my it was more me dreaming that I was lucid dreaming than actually lucid dreaming itself

What else would it be? ? 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

10 hours ago, OneHandClap said:

at least I tried lol, couldn't leave people supporting it in good conscience. 

5 hours ago, Insightful27 said:

I've been practicing lucid dreaming for most of the past three years. And yeah it's difficult to gain any proficiency. The most sucess I've had is with listening to a binaural track created by the Monroe Institute(while sleeping). I've mostly avoided using it again because of noise but I've recently returned to using it.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

@Insightful27  I understand what you are saying my friend, but you are biased. I made a similar mistakes, I was preaching about these things I heard about from others without ever trying them, talking about brain plasticity and all that. Brain plasticity is not what you experience, it is like a very abstract thing you might not be able to imagine. And if your brain is already very malleable, which it is at your age, psychs might make it too malleable you know, possibly unable to focus or even psychotic. (imagine extreme sexual OCD, questioning everything, being unable to execute on goals, schizophrenia etc.) You might experience really cool stuff, but it is wiser to wait a bit. I understand you will not wait 5 year but wait at least like 2 or 3, is that possible sir?

Your body and mind are already perfect, you do not need substances to enhance your human capabilities. They are already so amazing. I have personally had higher states of consciousness sober than on psychedelics, some people are like that too. 

15 hours ago, Insightful27 said:

Reread my original post. I never asked for advice on whether or not I should trip, I asked about a trip sitter. However, I do apricate all the perspectives that people have shared, and many of them have opened my eyes and changed my mind. But at the end of the day I'm going to make the decision on what I think is best, not what strangers on an online forum think is best. 

So basically it's exactly what I stated. You are 16 and not nearly as mature as you might imagine. Be careful with that brain/developing conceptual world of yours. I've known plenty of people who tripped in their teens seeking the Absolute and wound up spending decades haunted by it. Caveat emptor, but as you said, you're going to do whatever you want. Your brain, your choice. 

There's something else worth mentioning.  Whether you do psychedelics now (which I personally wouldn't recommend) or when you're 21, DMT is not a good choice for a first time psychedelic, especially if you're mixing it with LSD.  A better first time psychedelic is shrooms.  You can absolutely shed limiting beliefs, do consciousness raising work and have an ego death experience with shrooms.  

That doesn't mean I recommend you do shrooms now, btw!  I personally think you should wait, but shrooms are a better first time psychedelic for pretty much anyone, regardless of age.

Also, the first time you do either DMT or LSD it's best to take a small dose by itself and not mix it with other stuff. 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:02 PM, Insightful27 said:

No point in building my life around something that I'm going to have to deconstruct later.

You don't have to worry about this so much if you focus on building valuable skills that will carry you throughout life.  Stuff like discipline, life purpose/vision, fitness and nutrition, cooking, becoming a super learner, emotional mastery among other things.   You definitely don't need psychedelics to learn all that.

At your age the skill building matters more than whatever specific major you choose in college, or part time job you work in high school or hobbies you do. 

Leo's actually a good example of this.  His childhood passion was to become a game designer.  He learned a bunch of skills to make that happen.  Got hired by a big company, then left when he discovered he didn't like it.  Thing is, he applied all those skills to develop an online business that provided the financial capital to do Actualized.org.  So, choosing game design wasn't a waste.  It was a great stepping stone. 

Also, if you haven't already, watch Leo's episodes on "Life Advice for Young People."  If you're feeling ambitious, also check out his episode on "Valuable Things Develop Over Time."

Edited by FlyingLotus

On 10/9/2021 at 2:54 AM, FlyingLotus said:

Leo's actually a good example of this.  His childhood passion was to become a game designer.  He learned a bunch of skills to make that happen.  Got hired by a big company, then left when he discovered he didn't like it.  Thing is, he applied all those skills to develop an online business that provided the financial capital to do Actualized.org.  So, choosing game design wasn't a waste.  It was a great stepping stone. 

Yeah that's an interesting insight. All of our past failures contribute to our overall success.  

17 hours ago, Insightful27 said:

All of our past failures contribute to our overall success. 

Totally.  Reminds me of Steve Jobs' brilliant commencement address about connecting the dots of your life.