Insightful27

Taking LSD & DMT for the first time at 16. Do I need a sitter?

94 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

The brain is particularly plastic ("under construction" as you said) until 25 according to current science studies ??‍♂️

By that logic we shouldn't take psychs until 25, or maybe taking psychs before 25 is actually better than when your brain is not so plastic. Who knows. 

imo I give more importance to set and setting than age

I agree 100% on your brain not being developed until 25, and for the longest time I didn't think I was going to do any drugs (weed, alc, etc.) until I was 25. But with psychedelics in particular I think using them to expand my mind before its done growing might be a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Insightful27 said:

Do you think I could do it without a sitter or would that be reckless?

You can do it alone but with someone you decrease the chances of getting into endless loops. what they say about age is relative. the maturity of some people or others differs abysmally. I took a strong dose at 18 being immature, and living in a very difficult and incomprehensible family situation that made me on the verge of an outbreak. 12 hours of nightmare, plus three days just integrating it, seeing how gears in my mind rectified, fitted together, changed the course of my life, made me mature in a week. I know it's not your case, you look mature, balanced, but since it helped me so much at that age, I can't say it's bad by definition. It's not the same 16 or 18, and, as you look stable, if i were you, I'd wait. Why the hurry? But if you really want to do, it's not so dangerous. a lot of 16-year-olds spend whole months on weed, which is much worse in my opinion

I didn't take any psychs until I was 28. I could have started a few years earlier, but I'm glad nothing earlier than that. I needed the life experience to ground myself that I wouldn't have had prior to that. You might be fine taking them at 16, but you have to be ready to deal with the potential consequences as well which could be much harder to get a grasp on at a young age. 

stay away bro. 20-21. You need to be putting in hardcore foundation work (reading books, watching all Leos videos, blogs, life purpose course). 

You can fuck up your life by having lopsided priorities. 

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

You will most likely do it if that is what you are set on. Personally, I was offered LSD and things in my late teens, but never tried them luckily. I had such a bad foundation to work with though. Bad anxiety and many other things effecting my mental health. I don't think I would have had clean enough head space to make it work. I was about 23, when I first tried them I believe. Your situation is unique to you though, so you will have to decide what is the best. 

It seems like your are approaching this in a responsible manner that most people at 16 would not be. Keep doing your research and find the best practices for all of it. You will know when the time is right. 

Don't do it because I did the same and regretted it; take a microdose if you absolutely must just so you know how much of a bad idea taking the full thing would have been. (LSD that is, don't go anywhere near DMT).  

Edited by Ry4n
slight fix up for details

You only got one brain if you are taking it the risk is on you

You can't undo it.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

If you're gonna take it anyway, I suggest you build up to it. Maybe a small dose of LSD and slowly build to one tab.

Then when you're very familiar with LSD you can try DMT. At a small dose of course.

11 hours ago, Insightful27 said:

If I have more clarity after using psychedelics wouldn't it be a good thing my ideas change? What if school isn't where my purpose is? 

High school is a bare minimum.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Trust me, you don't miss out on anything if you do psychedelics later rather than earlier.

You have a lot more years in your life with a stable and developed brain than with a teenager brain. 

@Insightful27

I've started with psy at around 27. I believe that was a perfect timing for that... when the life is "stable" so to speak.

I remember starting doing downhill MTB at 30... and there were a thought... why I haven't started with it earlier. I've never had such thoughts about psychedelics. So, better go find hobby you enjoy ^_^

If you really want to try and not planning to listen the general advice to wait --- what about microdosing (like 5-20ug of acid). It also may be very funny activity ;) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

You shouldn't do it. Nobody should be told that hard psychedelics or high doses of typical psychedelics is a good thing... The people who have the right mindset for psychedelics are the people who will use them anyway.

Other than possible harm to the brain my main concern is... You are already young, open minded etc.. You don't need to open your mind more beyond that. It is only going to create more confusion imo. 

But, no one here can stop you. If you wanna risk opening your mind too much go ahead I guess. 

In this world, if you aren't in school, studying, developing skills, gaining work experience etc... Then you are a dead fish in water.

These substances are great, but you need life systems and maturity in place for them to make sense in your life. imo. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

You are already young, open minded etc..

The goal would be to take advantage of this and go as deeply as I can before I get lost in distractions. Also to have some insights at a young age could be a big advantage as I decide what I want to do with my life. 

6 hours ago, Ry4n said:

Don't do it because I did the same and regretted it; take a microdose if you absolutely must

Why did you regret taking it?

@Insightful27 It seems to me that it doesn't really matter to you what advice the people here give to you.

Whether it's about your brain development or maturity, you come up with some reason why it's a good idea for you to do psychedelics. The majority of comments in this thread suggested to you that you wait until you're a bit older, but if you have already made up your mind, there is of course nothing we could say to stop you. 

If you're going to do them anyway (which I don't condone!), then at least stick to all the rules of safety. Set, setting, dosage.

This definitely includes a trip sitter. 

A trip sitter must be responsible and knowledgeable when it comes to psychedelics.

Do not employ someone as a trip sitter who you don't know or trust fully, or who doesn't know how to properly trip sit!!

If you don't have such a person, I would think all the harder about whether it's a good idea to do this. 

9 hours ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

You can fuck up your life by having lopsided priorities. 

Lopsided priorities how so? One of the reasons I want to take these is to get my priorities straight and stop caring about the petty things my life revolves around.

2 minutes ago, Tim R said:

This definitely includes a trip sitter. 

A trip sitter must be responsible and knowledgeable when it comes to psychedelics.

Do not employ someone as a trip sitter who you don't know or trust fully, or who doesn't know how to properly trip sit!!

If you don't have such a person, I would think all the harder about whether it's a good idea to do this. 

Thanks for the clear answer, I'll wait a until I can find someone like that to do psychedelics. I know that the responses on this thread are in support of me waiting for a more stable mind, foundation, etc. Those are valid concerns form an outside perspective, I've worried about all of those same things as well. 

1 hour ago, Insightful27 said:

Lopsided priorities how so? One of the reasons I want to take these is to get my priorities straight and stop caring about the petty things my life revolves around.

The challenge is to balance survival and truth-seeking, because those two are largely antithetical to eachother. It's wise to get your foundational survival straight before trying to deconstruct your mind, and in an individualistic society, that includes things like finishing high school, becoming economically self-sustained and psychosocially integrated. Deconstructing a mind is tricky business, but it's even more tricky to deconstruct a mind that is still under construction.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.