Insightful27

Taking LSD & DMT for the first time at 16. Do I need a sitter?

94 posts in this topic

I managed to get some LSD and DMT with the intent of using it to expand my consciousness and awareness to places its never been before. I'm taking as many precautions as I can (reagent testing kits, tons of research, etc.). I would prefer to have a trip sitter, the only issue is that all of my friends are extremely close-minded and have no interest in even the shallowest parts of self-improvement. They also have never done psychedelics or anything like them so they would probably be shitty trip sitters anyway. I've heard everything from "its better to do them alone" to "you must have a sitter 100% of the time". Should I wait until I find the right person or would I be able to manage it by myself?

Do not take psychedelics before the age of 21.  Your brain is still growing.  You don't want to damage it.  Also, DMT can destabilize your reality if you're not grounded, which is tough to be if you're still a teenager.  

There's tons of other personal and spiritual development stuff you can do.  Focus on that instead :) 

Must be 21

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I strongly advise you not to take psychedelics at all.

Your mind isn't mature enough yet (even though you might think otherwise) and at age 16, your brain is literally under construction. This is not the right time to interfere with LSD or DMT. 

You have many years ahead of you. Wait until your brain is stable enough to handle such potent substances.

@Insightful27 Why do you want to take psychidelics?

Have you look into any forms of meditation?

Psychidelics are unnecessary for the ultimate goal of spirituality so don't feel like you need them for anything

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Why do you want to take psychidelics?

I don't feel like they are necessary at all I just think they would be a helpful tool for conquering fears, spiritual enlightenment, etc. I have looked into and done many different forms of meditation.

May be too shocking and you're really young. Try weed first before you do psychedelics. A sitter is really recommended.

@Insightful27 What do you think spiritual enlightenment is? 

What were your favorite meditation techniques? 

What does it mean to you when I say notice your own conscious presence right now?

59 minutes ago, Tim R said:

your brain is literally under construction

The plasticity of the developing brain may be advantageous for the work I'm looking to do. I urge you to watch this interview with Mark Haden (starting at 5:10) where they discuss effects of psychedelics on the adolescents brain. I would argue that things such as Adderall and anti-depressants have a much more negative effect.

Just now, Insightful27 said:

The plasticity of the developing brain may be advantageous for the work I'm looking to do. I urge you to watch this interview with Mark Haden (starting at 5:10) where they discuss effects of psychedelics on the adolescents brain. I would argue that things such as Adderall and anti-depressants have a much more negative effect.

I don't think the issue is that your actual biological development will be impaired, but you may have a psychotic/mental health response to the trips that could derail you.

There have been posters on this forum who have said they were destabilized from psychidelics for months/years after bad trips, so you can't know for sure if that would happen to you.

If you are dead-set on experimenting with psychs then I would say look into lighter drugs like weed first, and explore how it impacts you. Then if you transition to psychidelics increase your dose very slowly, and look for sources of literature on people who also did psychidelics in their teens

I didn't trip until I was like 21 so I can't speak on doing it at 16 specifically 

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

lighter drugs like weed first, and explore how it impacts you. Then if you transition to psychidelics increase your dose very slowly

Yeah I'm not looking to do a ton of psyches just enough to get my mind more open and spiritual work. 

8 minutes ago, Insightful27 said:

The plasticity of the developing brain may be advantageous for the work I'm looking to do.

What does your life look like atm?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

What does your life look like atm?

Go to school, play lacrosse, spend time with friends and family. For about the past 2 years I've been working on raising my consciousness and self-actualizing. I bought Leos life purpose course, I started some healthy habits including meditation, worked on emotional mastery and breaking my addictions. 

8 minutes ago, Insightful27 said:

Go to school, play lacrosse, spend time with friends and family. For about the past 2 years I've been working on raising my consciousness and self-actualizing. I bought Leos life purpose course, I started some healthy habits including meditation, worked on emotional mastery and breaking my addictions. 

Very good. Continue with that. Here is my advice: finish school before taking any psychedelics. It's very easy to get other ideas otherwise.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

If you have it so clear and you are so mature, do it, and that's it. If you ask, with your age, you already know that they will answer you

If you can avoid smoking weed 

Don't smoke it

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

13 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

If you have it so clear and you are so mature, do it, and that's it. If you ask, with your age, you already know that they will answer you

Do you think I could do it without a sitter or would that be reckless?

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

If you can avoid smoking weed do it

Yeah I'm never gonna smoke weed or vape I like my lungs. 

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

I strongly advise you not to take psychedelics at all.

Your mind isn't mature enough yet (even though you might think otherwise) and at age 16, your brain is literally under construction. This is not the right time to interfere with LSD or DMT. 

You have many years ahead of you. Wait until your brain is stable enough to handle such potent substances.

The brain is particularly plastic ("under construction" as you said) until 25 according to current science studies ??‍♂️

By that logic we shouldn't take psychs until 25, or maybe taking psychs before 25 is actually better than when your brain is not so plastic. Who knows. 

imo I give more importance to set and setting than age

18 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's very easy to get other ideas otherwise.

If I have more clarity after using psychedelics wouldn't it be a good thing my ideas change? What if school isn't where my purpose is?