Zakaria

How to take notes for actualized.org video

13 posts in this topic

Hello

I have a question. How do we take notes since I never really took any notes in my life? Is taking notes on the computer better or taking notes on paper. How do I take notes?

Just take notes on microsoft onenote or on ur mobile samsung notes its all the same. Just write down the most important ideas leo says, try to understand and reread it again and again in ur day.

But dont take notes on every video, just choose the most important ones, the most benefical videos for you!

There are summaries in this thread: Actualized.org Video Summaries! which can help you with your notes.  I think computer's better because it's faster, but writing's fine too.  

I listen at 1.5x and focus on absorbing what's being said.  I'll jot down the timestamp of things that are important, that I know I definitely want to review. 

Other times I'll listen, then pause when Leo changes topics, and write a note or two on what was just said.  Then I'll resume the video.  

If I don't want to interrupt the flow of the video I'll just write timestamps and follow up later.  If I don't mind pausing and playing I'll write a sentence or two.

Being able to listen and capture the essence of what's being said is actually a really great skill to have in life.  It helps you remember and learn, and will pay dividends over a lifetime  ??

Every time a key point or something of importance is being mentioned, I pause the video and take notes. Over time, you start to develop a feeling for what to write down and what not. It's a trial and error process, and you start to develop your own style in taking notes.

It's pretty interesting to look at my old note-taking, and how I do it now. Things which I thought were key points turned out to be rather trivial, and things I assumed to be trivial actually turned out to be key points.

I like to download the mp3 formats Leo has available for download and have them transcribed for me automatically using the otter.ai website or app and then I summarize the transcription in a cornell type note for my commonplace book.

Cornell note is a useful note taking format, there's other useful note taking formats aswell, cornell notes are just my personal preference.

If you dont know what a commonplace book is I suggest you watch Leo's commonplace book video.

For other youtube self help teachers, I download their youtube videos in mp3 format from a youtube to mp3 download website, you can search for them online there's plenty, and I do the same.

Just start taking notes and structure them, with time it will sort itself gradually.

I write down important ideas and observations day by day in my iPhone. 1-2 times per month I re-read, copy-paste and structure them into Microsoft OneNote. Through this process I automatically observe new patterns and make more distinct note taking-categories and get overview of where my life is headed. This habit automatically puts my life in the right direction and also generates solutions to all my problems and hangups.

Edited by Value

Another useful tool is Spaced Repetition algorithms. Look for apps. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Zakaria

You must be a powerful attractor, and you must really want these notes, as someone else is already doing it (for you). Impressive man. Can’t wait to see what you want now.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Listen to a minute or two of the video, then pause and ask yourself "If I could sum up what he just said in my own words, in one sentence, what would I type?". Then just do that over and over again and you've summarized a video.

I'm thinking of downloading the last version of one note, as opposed to searching for a specific old one Leo suggested. Has anyone tried the newer ones? I would love to have an opinion on this.

@Zakaria Taking notes on the computer is faster, easier, and has less friction than paper. Its also easier to find, sort and review your notes. So its basically overall better.

Look for the main ideas and write those, write as if you are making an outline / study sheet for you to review later, only the main ideas or whatever comes to mind. As you try it and start taking notes, you will learn and figure this shit out.

Also OneNote has a pretty decent online note taking software, with organization of Notebooks, Folders, Page Collections, Pages, etc and online cross-device syncing.