Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

What skincare for men do u recommend ?

21 posts in this topic

I'm a little bit skeptic about the effects of skincare on our faces but I wanna try it and see.

Do you have a product to recommand, a product that did the work for you (a clearer skin, less buttons .... ) ?

@Gabith

You'd better off solving these kind of problems internally instead of relying on temporary shortcuts. If you have swelling on your face, try to look for ways of reducing or completely disabling all inflammation in your body. If you see pimples constantly appearing in the same region on your face, this may be a liver problem, too. Consider seeing a doctor whose expertise is internal medicine. The color of your face might be related to the things you eat. If you have wrinkles on your face, applying face mask or trying cosmetic creams on the problematic areas can be said to be the right time to benefit from as an external non-invasive operation.

Coconut oil for face and some natural essential oil soup for body & hair. Some sort of aluminium free deo is a good idea too. Everything else is just marketing and riddled with chemicals. Most global brands of popular skincare like are garbage and chemical cocktail. Skin should be naturally hydrated mostly from the inside through a healthy lifestyle and diet. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

59 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Coconut oil for face and some natural essential oil soup for body & hair. Some sort of aluminium free deo is a good idea too. Everything else is just marketing and riddled with chemicals. Most global brands of popular skincare like Garnier and Nivea is garbage and chemical cocktail. Skin should be naturally hydrated mostly from the inside through a healthy lifestyle and diet. 

What kind of soup for body/hair do you use?

@Mada_ a local organic brand called Beauty Kitchen but not sure if they sell overseas. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Typo ? "soap" not *soup" don't you go diving headfirst into chicken broth

1 hour ago, Gabith said:

I'll try coconut oil thank u

Just don't use a lot of it because it absorbs very slowly. 

Purador anti hair fall shampoo is good one. It's soap free since soaps like sls do not belong on the face and scalp. Soaps strip natural body oils and raise the pH of the skin which is not good for it. Screws with your endocrine system also. 

For face, use gentle cleansers that are low ph which is important. Cosrx good morning cleansers a good one. While Michael is right, most facial products are chemical cocktails, it's also true they help prevent skin aging. Properly cleansed and moistured skin will always have less wrinkles than just trying to do everything with diet alone. 

It's good to use a moisturizer after cleansing as cleansing strips natural oils and dry unmoisturized skin leads to wrinkles. When you talk and smile, your stretching the skin, so if your skins dried out it creates more tears, i.e. wrinkles, than if say you have elastic well moistened skin that can bounce around with your expressions. That's just a simplification of course, but the principle holds true.

Some people can get away with coconut oil on the face, but it is comedogenic for some (clogs pores leading to pimples). Easiest to just buy a face lotion like cerave am/pm. Cosrx is a good Korean brand that's more affordable and cleaner ingredients too. If you have good skin then you can probably use whatever, but if your prone to clogging you'll have to find something that works for you.

I'd stay away from essential oils in facial products since they're irritants, but the scalp and body is fine.

15 hours ago, Gabith said:

I'll try coconut oil thank u

Be careful with coconut oil. It creates a barrier on the skin (does not absorb) and over time your skin will not produce its own moisturizing oils. This eventually creates drier and more irritated skin. 

I've found a very light amount of pure mineral oil (baby oil) to be nice. Sometimes I will do a small amount of Vaseline. An olive oil made specifically for skin is good. Castor oil blends can be nice too.

Coconut oil is ok if not used all the time and if it gets washed off at the end of the day as it does build up easily.

I always switch up my facial moisturizers so my skin doesn't get used to something, creating irritation down the line. 

Always keep in mind that less is more when it comes to skin and hair care. When we disrupt the body's natural ability to cleanse itself things get out of whack. That's why a lot of women have worse hair and skin than guys...they're constantly stripping the hair and skin of its natural oils. These oils are what keep the skin and scalp healthy. 

Get a basic, minimal ingredient face wash and use one of the above-mentioned oils sparingly. 

"You Create Magic" 

Use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. I use that for a decade already.

Edited by hyruga

6 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Always keep in mind that less is more when it comes to skin and hair care.

gotta agree with that. 

On 10/3/2021 at 1:05 PM, Michael569 said:

@Mada_ a local organic brand called Beauty Kitchen but not sure if they sell overseas. 

what ingredients should one look for in bar soap that can be used on the body, face and beard? I moved and can't find soap that is as good and as natural where I used to live.

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

what ingredients should one look for in bar soap that can be used on the body, face and beard? I moved and can't find soap that is as good and as natural where I used to live.

maybe @Flowerfaeiry can help answer that, she has a whole Instagram channel on natural cosmetics & sustainable living, you should check her out. (#sarahmargaretnaturals) <-- hope she won't mind me sharing 9_9

I'm not an expert on this sort of stuff but we use Beauty Kitchen UK quite a bit so google some of their products and try to find something similar maybe? Stuff like this https://beautykitchen.co.uk/collections/body-wash/products/the-sustainables-minty-fresh-organic-vegan-body-wash-500ml

You'll pay extra for those, I'm not gonna lie but I'd rather do that if it means freeing up some of the toxic burden

On 11/5/2021 at 5:37 AM, Lyubov said:

A good rule of thumb is to look for simplicity and minimal ingredients. I really try to avoid  the ingredient "fragrance" as it can be irritating (scents from essential oils are better). Vegetable glycerin, coconut or palm oil and sodium hydroxide are good. Dr. Bronner's or a generic of that is a nice choice. It can be hard to find good bar soap in regular stores but natural grocery stores and farmers markets tend to have better options. 

"You Create Magic" 

I use 3 in 1 face wash once a week. I can't be bothered with all the peculiarities of skin care.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust