nistake

For those who are heavily into consciousness work

9 posts in this topic

Do you guys actually enjoy this work? I mean, what's the reason you do this work? This is pretty much a rethorical question, I don't really expect any answers. That's not the point of this thread.

The point is, I often see forum members who are racking their brains trying to figure out the nature of reality, life, death, consciousness and so on. That's awesome, after all that's why we're here. However, are guys you actually enjoying this process? Has this work become mechanical for you? After a heavy day of contemplation/meditation/tripping, do you socialize? Do you have casual and fun conversations with your spouse? Do you stop for a moment to appreciate the moment as it is? Do you have a strong connection to nature? Do you take care of your family? If you don't feel like doing anything meaningful, can you just sit down on your couch and play your favorite video game without feeling guilty?

And again, I don't expect answers. This is supposed to be just a friendly reminder that taking seriously this work is crucial, after all this is actual a matter of life and death, but enjoying this whole process is also crucial :)

Doing the work is similar to a basic bodily need at this point.  Other than being perception, there isn't a lot I get out of doing this work.  I do it because not doing it is very uncomfortable and decreases my quality of life. 

???????

Thank you for the reminder <3

To be perfectly honest, I dont enjoy the low's of this work, but I am still very attached to the
high's. When I ride the wave crest, I go very high, and when I ride down with the wave trough, I go very low.
When Im soaring, Im recieving, and when Im plummeting, Im actually giving.
But the further I go, the more I realise that the low and the high are actually becoming identical.
They are the same thing, It's just my biases that get in the way sometimes...

Learning to Accept and Love myself and others have helped me tremendously.
Finding the balance is the key.

Consciousness is Nothing without Love, and Love is Nothing without Consciousness.

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Just now, Vincent S said:

But the further I go, the more I realise that the low and the high are actually becoming identical.
They are the same thing, It's just my biases that get in the way sometimes...

Learning to Accept and Love myself and others have helped me tremendously.
Finding the balance is the key.

Great stuff! ?

Cool share bro ;)

Just a general message as addition to the post... if someone like to sing songs .. go for it .. rather than figuring out what is going to be after death (there is no death :D ) or some solipsistic crap. Do what you enjoy --- that's the path of least resistance to a self realization. Spirituality is a living... it doesn't matter how long someone meditate (or how much psychedelics someone took)... all this spiritual stuff is useless... if they can't speak kindly with another person for a minute. Spirituality is everywhere, you are everywhere, just follow the best feeling thought, just be living as one. ??

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

20 minutes ago, allislove said:

Cool share bro ;)

Just a general message as addition to the post... if someone like to sing songs .. go for it .. rather than figuring out what is going to be after death (there is no death :D ) or some solipsistic crap. Do what you enjoy --- that's the path of least resistance to a self realization. Spirituality is a living... it doesn't matter how long someone meditate (or how much psychedelics someone took)... all this spiritual stuff is useless... if they can't speak kindly with another person for a minute. Spirituality is everywhere, you are everywhere, just follow the best feeling thought, just be living as one. ??

Yup, that's what it's all about!

14 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

Haha. I sound so jaded.

Don't worry about it, everybody has his/her own path, just make sure you're not taking your path THAT seriously. 

41 minutes ago, nistake said:

Don't worry about it, everybody has his/her own path, just make sure you're not taking your path THAT seriously. 

Yeah.  The path isnt all sunshine and roses.

All I take very seriously is being a good person despite everything working against me.

???????

1 hour ago, Proserpina said:

All I take very seriously is being a good person despite everything working against me.

I think the key is to recognise how you're working against yourself. Self-honesty and self-awareness are so, so important where consciousness work is involved.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan