Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atb210201

Becoming suddenly awake in sleep or right before the sleep

19 posts in this topic

I've had some awakening not so intense but like getting almost out of my body experience right before I sleep almost every night and sometimes in my sleep I suddenly become aware and realize that I'm awake now and get the same experience like it feels like I'm getting out of my body I wonder what's that about and how would I realize it better when it happens again thank you

Wow that is so amazing!!!

It's possible to be conscious during sleep, called sleep yoga. That's what you experience. 

During conscious sleep you are sometimes able to leave your body and have OBEs.

To get better at sleep yoga, next time when it happens, remain calm and try to lengthen the experience.  Also, learn about sleep yoga

@Nahm I don't know it happens sometimes suddenly I become aware before I go to sleep mode and sometimes in my sleep but i can feel myself resisting it and when it's starting to happen and it doesn't fully happen maybe

Yeah, that's amazing if it happens to you spontaneously, you have no idea how much effort some people put into it. Just let it happen if it starts happening.

@Nahm Yeah i guess there is a belief of a soul in the body which is not the body and is temporarily in the body and the mind it's none of them but it's the one that is creating both of them but it's like more than a belief to me not the word "soul" part but I experienced not feeling my body anymore before when I took 3 grams of mushrooms and meditated I was in some kind of void and saw a white light but didn't feel a body or gravity at all so to summarize it happens sometimes again if I concentrate after that experience that I had but I resist it happening when my body starts to become weightless I don't even know myself about my beliefs to be honest actually I mostly say to my mind nothing matters

@impulse9 Great I'm trying to let go of the resistance little by little thank you if it is what I think it is my mind just resists it cause of it's fear of dying

If there is an experience of a soul (or whatever else) in the body, which leaves the body… then the resistance could be said to be in regard to that experience - as in this was experienced before, and that experience is not desired to be experienced again.

If there is no experience of a soul (or whatever else) in the body, and no experience of said soul leaving the body - then the thought ‘itself’ is resistant - to the Truth. In this case the thought does not point to resistance, but is resistance. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm You mean the thought of something leaving the body ? hmmm wow actually this was so helpful thank you

I actually had a similar experience a few weeks ago. Haven't been able to stop thinking about it. At least I think it's similar.(?)

It's like I woke up before I woke up. I became aware, and then reality started to appear within that darkness. No out of body experiences or anything though.

What you're talking about sounds like astral projection. I recommend doing some research about that. Fascinating stuff!

@noticeom Yeah it sounds like astral projection from what I know about astral projection but I don't know if I believe in that stuff in the end though it's not about the beliefs it's about the experience itself it definitely was like astral projection

@Atb210201 Totally. I used to make attempts and lots of weird paranormal shit would happen. But ya, who cares about belief.