Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sempiternity

'Midnight Mass' conversation of death and nonduality

3 posts in this topic

If you haven't seen 'Midnight Mass' on Netflix I highly recommend it. Starts slow, but it all comes together masterfully. This is a conversation that happens at the end (spoilers obviously). For a show about fanatical Christianity, this powerful speech at the end is quite on-the-nose Nonduality. Just goes to show that Nonduality is truly becoming mainstream and part of the collective-consciousness. 

As the character is dying:
‘What do I think happens when we die?
Speaking for myself...myself...myself. That's the problem, that's the whole problem with the whole thing, that word, “self”. That's not the word, that's not right. How did I forget that? 
I thought I'd despair or feel afraid, but I don't feel any of that. Because I'm too busy in this moment remembering.
This body is mostly just empty space after all and solid matter, it's just energy vibrating very slowly.
And there is no me. There never was.
I'm no longer breathing and I remember.
There is no point where any of that ends and I begin.
I remember I am energy, not memory, not self.
My name, my personality, my choices, all came after me. I was before them and I will be after.
And everything else is pictures picked up along the way. Fleeting little dreamlets.
And I am the lightning that jumps between. I am the energy. 
And I am returning, just by remembering. I am returning home.
It's like a drop of water falling back into the ocean, of which it's always been a part.
All things, everyone who's ever been, every plant, every animal, every atom, every star, every galaxy, all of it, that's what we're talking about when we say God. The One. 
The cosmos, and its infinite dreams. We are the cosmos dreaming of itself. 
It's simply a dream that I think is my life every time. But I'll forget this. I always do. I always forget my dreams.
But now, in this moment, I remember. The instant I remember, I comprehend everything at once. 
There is no time, there is no death, life is a dream. 
It's a wish, again and again and again, and on into Eternity.
And I am all of it.
I am everything. 
I am all.
I am that. 
I am you.'

Just watched it in one sitting. The show itself was pretty good, but holy shit (no pun intended :D), this whole scene was absolutely perfection.

I was actually surprised that I heard a straight-up nonduality monologue in a mainstream netflix TV show.