Jordan

Planning on taking 5 MEO DMT for the first time

67 posts in this topic

Hello, I just ordered 5MEO DMT online this morning and it should arrive in 2-4 business days. Does anyone have links for a newbie like me that will help me?

I never took any psychedelics before. I have been meditating off and on for around 10-15 years. I am 32 years old now. I have watched 90% or more of Leo’s videos

I remember watching a video on Leo’s blog on how he takes it and gives some advice but there are many pages to scroll through. 

I also vaguely remember Leo mentioning to watch a certain video of his before taking 5 MEO but forget which it was.

I am on my phone now and it is hard to search on here compared to a desktop computer.

I got scared after ordering it. It feels like I am about to lose my virginity. 

You're in for the trip of your life ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  Haha I hope so. Thanks for responding.

I will start researching a bit more. I will give an update here with my experience. I plan to be prepared to do my first trip the weekend after next :) 

Just ensure proper safety protocol, and then just let go!

Namaste! 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Yeah some things I find help are:

1. Write out a safety protocol and read it before each trip

2. After reading the protocol meditate for minimum 30 minutes to clear out any wacky energy or thoughts

3. Ensure you are in a safe space and you have a protocol you are following (there is a safety protocol mega thread I started)

4. Measure everything properly... Don't get cocky.

5. No need for a massive 20mg dose.... Anywhere from 5-10 for a first try is really strong. So, there is not shame in dipping your toe in with a few grains either... if you are vaping that is. If you are plugging or vaping make sure you look up the proper dosages for each. If it is a first trip start low, and each trip build your way up.

6. Approach tripping like a scientists. Use a journal to record dosages, protocol, insights, awakenings, ways to improve protocol, things you want to try next time, time and date etc.

7. Don't trip more than once a week, or even once every 2 weeks. Be responsible and integrate. You should have another spiritual practice done sober throughout the week.

Good luck.

And just surrender! You will be back.

And, when you go deep just know how much we all love you. I mean, you can't do anything but know -_-

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Jordan Start with a very small dose, probably 5-10mg. You shouldn't really feel too much with this level of dose but it's important to take it slowly and methodically. Slowly add a bit more each time you trip. This way you can gauge your level of sensitivity and get used to the feel of the substance.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

This video came up on my youtube feed thought it was interesting so might as well share it here, it was interesting to see her trip on 5 meo, INFINITY.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

43 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

This video came up on my youtube feed thought it was interesting so might as well share it here, it was interesting to see her trip on 5 meo, INFINITY.

Seems like such a different experience when vaped vs plugged. One of the main differences i've noticed in these types of videos is the lack of bi-lateral symmetrical movements, which I get every time with plugging. It's a clear indication of a complete lack of ego. Not saying that this is essential or necessary for god-realisation or anything, just noticing interesting differences. 

@Thought Art Very interesting! Was that first dose though? Or after a series of larger doses?

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

8 minutes ago, Space said:

Seems like such a different experience when vaped vs plugged. One of the main differences i've noticed in these types of videos is the lack of bi-lateral symmetrical movements, which I get every time with plugging. It's a clear indication of a complete lack of ego. Not saying that this is essential or necessary for god-realisation or anything, just noticing interesting differences.

I don't get any bilateral symmetrical movements regardless of dose or psychedelic.

It is not necessary. Just pure understanding.

If you vape, do it little by little, prepare 3 pipes with 5/6 mg each. wait at least an hour, better two, without doing anything, meditating or just lying down, before do. your mind has to be as calm as possible. when you vape don't expect anything, just let it happen. Once it has passed, stay relaxed as long as possible without doing anything, feel how the energy of your body is released. do it lying on the floor, without clothes, in a wide place. Above all do not resist, 5meo disintegrates you, that's what you do it for, so let the disintegration happen

Don't start with vaping, you will freak yourself out. Start with plugging. It will still freak you out.

Ahh I read through 5-6 sites before picking which one to order from. I thought I got an HCL salt version but it is freebase. I was planning on plugging it. I have never vaped anything before. I saw Leo's video on how to plug on his blog:

https://www.actualized.org/insights/how-to-plug-psychedelics

He mentions plugging will still work for freebase but it might sting a bit. I will read a bit more about the method and dosage but I am thinking plugging 5 mg for the first time should be fine. 

@Thought Art Thanks for the tips. I did plan on meditating for around an hour before. I like the idea of writing down  a safety protocol and recording dosages, dates and insights

Edited by Jordan

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't get any bilateral symmetrical movements regardless of dose or psychedelic.

It is not necessary. Just pure understanding.

People do seem to though so, just see what you get

◭"89"

15 hours ago, Jordan said:

I remember watching a video on Leo’s blog on how he takes it and gives some advice but there are many pages to scroll through. 

I also vaguely remember Leo mentioning to watch a certain video of his before taking 5 MEO but forget which it was.

An index of the blog can be found here: ✒️? Leo's Blog: Table of Contents ??️ in the High Consciousness Resources forum.  

All Psychedelics info is collected here: ? Actualized.org on Psychedelics ?

The video you're thinking of is probably: 5-MeO-DMT - The Magic Pill To Enlightenment & God.  I'm actually working on a summary of that episode right now.  It should be up before your trip.  

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't start with vaping, you will freak yourself out. Start with plugging. It will still freak you out.

What if someone's done a lot of spiritual development and has already had mystical experiences?  Does that offset the freak out of vaping?  

Edited by FlyingLotus

Just remember it is a field of mastery. Not just a drug. So do it with purpose, and like you are developing a new skillset. 

◭"89"

6 hours ago, FlyingLotus said:

What if someone's done a lot of spiritual development and has already had mystical experiences?  Does that offset the freak out of vaping?  

No words can describe how freaky a 5-MeO-DMT trip is, especially if it is your first time doing psychedelics.

It is more freaky than getting abducted by aliens. If you are not careful you will have a panic attack.