unborn_chicken

Money vs Time dilemma

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm facing a bit of a dilemma in my life, but instead of explaining my whole situation I just wanted to ask a quick question to you all.

Given the choice, would you choose a decent earning job, (enough to live modestly, but nothing crazy) with PLENTY of free time, (almost 80%), or a job that pays 4x times more but that most likely will require much more time a more responsibility?

I'd appreciate your take on this, thanks!

Free time, so I can appreciate this unique and wonderfully interesting existence. Why become a slave to money, when I am just going to use it to get more free time anyways?

I'll just go directly to the time thanks.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Leo Gura Mind sharing some advice on this? :)

What do you think would be the wise choice here?

If I eventually want to escape the rat race, wouldn't it be a good idea to get hold of a decent amount of money first through a high paying job before venturing out into entrepreneurship?

Do you think you would've been able to start your first businesses if you hadn't first had your game dev jobs?

On 10/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, unborn_chicken said:

Given the choice, would you choose a decent earning job, (enough to live modestly, but nothing crazy) with PLENTY of free time, (almost 80%), or a job that pays 4x times more but that most likely will require much more time a more responsibility?

First option, 100,000%. 

18 hours ago, unborn_chicken said:

@Leo Gura Mind sharing some advice on this? :)

Oh my gosh, c'mon guy. This is obvious! Time is money. Why do you think the wealthy hire housekeepers? It's not because they're lazy. They are driven which is why they are wealthy. But they are smart. Spending money for time is the best way to make money. 

In other words, you'll be 'spending' money by taking the lower-salary job. But this is just buying you more money by buying you the extra time. I mean, if you're smart about it! Do you have your LP? 

Take the job that pays 4x more, save wisely, and retire 4x earlier.

If you would normally work from age 18 to 65, this means you get to retire at 30 instead.

At age 30 you still have your entire life ahead of you to do whatever you want. But your energy will already be really starting to wane compared to in your 20s.

I'd rather do something I hate 100% of the time for a little while and be done with it, instead of doing something I hate in little increments for my entire life.

The important thing is that while working the 4x better paying job and for the rest of your life, you need to live a lifestyle as if you were working the lower-paying job.

Edited by Yarco

There is no which one scenario. That’s the confusion. 

Realize what you’re realizing. 

Don’t settle. 

Eradicate doubt. 

Say it will be, and it will be. 

Stop believing in responsibility, such as a separate self and a thing it’s responsible for. Then response ability can not be missed, when confusing thoughts arise such as that.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@unborn_chicken I just faced this dilemma with my day job: hair-dressing.  Hair-dressing is not my life purpose; my life purpose is writing, specifically fantasy and science fiction.  After feeling conflicted for a few weeks, I went with the salon position that allows me to clock-in and clock-out.  I realized if I continued at the fancier salon, the job that required so much more of my time and energy, I would be left with no resources to actualize my LP, and that this would render me depressed and bitter.  It was hard to say no to the better pay and better benefits, as well as the 'status' factor.  But ultimately, I know that time is something we cannot get back, so I went with the job that leaves more of my time free for what REALLY matters to me.

I write pieces that make the reader think.

www.melodydanielluna.com

On 10/1/2021 at 10:14 PM, unborn_chicken said:

Hey guys, I'm facing a bit of a dilemma in my life, but instead of explaining my whole situation I just wanted to ask a quick question to you all.

I'd appreciate your take on this, thanks!

I've chosen good paying job (top 1%) and almost no free time. However, I knew nothing about different way of living when I started working ... it was all about the money :D.... since I woke up there was a resistance towards my job. This job allowed me to plan my job retirement within 2years and I can concentrate on other things and not to be bothered by the money. 

As a householder, get the money and do as much sadhana as you can. If still unsure buy Leo's course and find your niche/purpose for instance.

Also, learn from Leo's journey as well.

In my experience, many of spiritually oriented people still have/had residual blocks and issues related to wealth and money.   

Hey, thank you all for your answers.

For now I've decided not to change jobs, and instead make better use of the free time I get in my current one to focus on what matters the most to me, which is playing the best piano I can possibly play :)

I must say the money is very tempting, especially if you come from a middle to low class family like myself and have never experienced "luxuries" such as traveling, having cars or a house of your own instead of rent.

But I've figured I'm doing OK making as much money as I do now, and If sometime in the future I really feel like I need more, then nothing prevents me from taking another job then.

I actually disagree if the job being offered pays 4x and its something you can stand doing and your young I would do it at least short term. What are you going to do with that free time thats what really matters