AleksM

What is your biggest challenge/frustration in personal development?

40 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2021 at 7:40 PM, Emotionalmosquito said:

One word.

FEAR

I would give absolutely anything to have my amygdala removed or permanently deactivated. I am far beyond sick and tired of being crippled by False Evidence Appearing Real.

False evidence appearing real.  Wow yeah sign me up.

patience, trust (completely) in God, not able to endure pain for long enough.

Earlier in my journey what I found challenging and frustrating was finding books and teachers who messages were not highly distorted or corrupted. It was like trying to find your way out of a maze and most of the people you were looking to for guidance were blind. 

The comfort that melancholy brings me. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Getting over the looming fear of becoming literally immortal. Becoming so lucid that I can literally do anything I wish within reality with just thought alone even if that defies what is physically possible. I fear this because if it happened I would assume life would lose much of it's meaning and mystery. Thankfully, due to my fear of it then it should prevent me from ever becoming that lucid.

Emotionally intense,

Easily get affected by stress,

Too many ideas in my head, passions, goals that I get too confused,

Traumas

Perfectionism

And yeah, morning routines?

the nawwing feeling of life just dragging on, even with the meditation, breathwork and psychedelics i fall into these old patterns of bullshit and meaninglesness and it just feels like a cycle, so much fear, none of these videos or talks help like they used to, everyone just seems full of shit

The sense of always being so far away from the goal, wondering if I would ever get there. Lots of emotional labor put in but with hardly any significant results.

A big challenge for me is actually implementing the things I learn in self-help videos and books and being consistent with it. Also, not giving in too much on distractions and procrastinations. I could list a hundred more challenges. Self-development is a long road, it's a war in a sense.

Building a contemplation habit in the midst of building my business.

Dealing with things that seem trivial. It's really hard initially to know what is the right way to about personal development and spiritual work. There is a sea of opinions, interpretations tools, concepts out there. Then, I have to process that through my own foolish, selfish, biased and niave mind... 

I've learned that basically I just keep trying everyday, make mistakes, self reflect, course correct and persist. 

I will not stop until I reach the promised land!

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I haven't seen any frustration in this way. Everything I have gained was extremely satisfying and eye opening that I am grateful for all. 

I don't mean it was easy and lovely and I was happy the whole time. I meant even the hardest moment that I was dying out of emotional pain, it was satisfying!

My own bullshit! My own mistakes. Lack of money.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"