Tyler Durden

How to deal with death of loved ones?

14 posts in this topic

I know that death is an illusion and my True Self will never die but I know people around me will eventually disappear from existence forever. They are no different than characters in my night dreams but somehow I view them as something more than that. I got really attached to some of them and thought of losing them makes me sad. How to deal with that feeling and find a way to accept it?

Edited by Tyler Durden

First of all understand that they also are the One creating their own dreams, their own physical realities. They, just like you, are creating their own realities and at some point their death experiences also. They just wake up from this dream and leave their physical bodies behind and just continue to exist as consciousness. They are not limited by the socalled constraints of death also for there has never been a real world, therefore noone can ever die. This socalled death literally is transcended when you understand that you actually are dying in a dream. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I know that death is an illusion and my True Self will never die but I know people around me will eventually disappear from existence forever. They are no different than characters in my night dreams but somehow I view them as something more than that. I got really attached to some of them and thought of losing them makes me sad. How to deal with that feeling and find a way to accept it?

Any rationalization on how to not be sad when people die will just be spiritual bypassing, which will reinforce the sense of 'me'. It is this illusory person that assigns to itself all feelings, all thoughts and tries to accept what it perceives as negative happenings in 'my' life.

When the 'me' falls away, sadness may appear, but for nobody. And there is no constant felt pressure of "How can 'I' improve 'my' life, how can 'I' change <insert perceived negative situation here>"

When the 'me' falls away, it is seen there is no 'me' in other bodies, either. Nobody dies. Because there is nobody.

It's just THIS ( wholeness, awareness, knowing, pizza, raccoon, mu).

Appearing as bodies, appearing as 'me's, appearing as thinking, as seeing, as perceiving.

@Vibroverse So basically God decides to stop animating their bodies and returns their life energy back to the Source?

@Chris365 I still have to achieve that level. I'm currently bound by my human emotions. Have to transcend all of that.

Man, for i really want us to understand reality, i need to say this: feel your way into the knowing of God about all of this directly, because otherwise, if your frequency, your feeling, is not in an aligned state, then you can easily get lost in images and ideas and so forth. Now, many might say "oh this is a vibrational bullshit new age woowoo", but i don't give a damn, this dream is a vibrational, and emotional thing, and we need to be in tune with the frequency, the feeling, of God in order to know what God knows. 

Maintain a loving memory of them and be grateful that you had a chance to experience life on Earth with them.

Realize they are you, and keep loving them as long as you want. They didn't go anywhere. They are where they have always been, within your Mind.

You can't lose anyone when you realize everyone is you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why not love yourself more? I don't mean being a narcissist douchebag but learning to value yourself more than others so you better take care of yourself. Of course, other people also needs love which you should never hesitate to give them the love they deserve but nobody should love a person other than themselves more than themselves, that's too damaging for your psychology. You are going to sacrifice your dreams and to do your best to please love of your life (romantically or not). You'll become a doormat. It is meaningful to love your mate or friend only when mutual. You can love even more so long as you don't forget to look after yourself sufficiently.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Realize they are you, and keep loving them as long as you want. They didn't go anywhere. They are where they have always been, within your Mind.

You can't lose anyone when you realize everyone is you.

true story

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

@Chris365 I still have to achieve that level. I'm currently bound by my human emotions. Have to transcend all of that.

That's just a thought appearing in THIS. 

This is freedom, unconditional love so... unconditional, that it can appear as a 'someone' that thinks they're not there yet, as a someone that believes thoughts that appear are theirs, and that believes thoughts that appear are unquestionably true.

Inspect these assumptions... where are thoughts coming from? What are they made of? Is there a thinker, thinking thoughts? What is the thinker, if not more thought? 

Is there anything else to thinking, than the knowing/awareness?

What is the nature of the knowing with which this experience is known?

Let them die before they die. Accept their death right now and start cherishing every moment with them knowing that it is the last. Let yourself feel grateful when you see them again.

They will be felt in you no matter if they are alive or dead.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Curious, would you WANT to not care? I lost a loved one a week ago today. It is very difficult to cope, because feeling bad feels bad, but NOT feeling bad ALSO feels bad if not worse... Not being depressed makes you think you never loved them which is more depressing than anything possible.

I've asked myself this (probably morbid) question, what's the difference between someone you haven't seen in a week, versus, someone who died you haven't seen a week? The only difference is inside your head.

Also, people change over time. If you only ever visited a person once a year, they would become different over time, did that younger version die? Do you mourn the loss of that younger person? Maybe.

All stories and explanations are false.

13 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

I've asked myself this (probably morbid) question, what's the difference between someone you haven't seen in a week, versus, someone who died you haven't seen a week? The only difference is inside your head.

Also, people change over time. If you only ever visited a person once a year, they would become different over time, did that younger version die? Do you mourn the loss of that younger person? Maybe.

I was thinking the same thing. When I don't see someone for some time, they cease to exist just like when they die. The only difference is that you can call or text them so you can keep in touch even though they are nothing more than sound/words in that moment. That keeps the illusion that they are still present in your life.

Edited by Tyler Durden