Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wilhelm44

Enneagram personality model

7 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura   I somehow had a hunch that your insights into this fascinating system could be quite epic.

Edited by Wilhelm44

12 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

it would be cool if Leo would comment not only on spiral dynamics, but on enneagrams

Yeah, I'm finding it to be a very useful tool in noticing the games I play with myself 

@Wilhelm44 Well, personality tests are very good with telling us the strengths we have not found in ourselves and the weaknesses we have not found in our selves. 

Enneagram really focuses on improvement, (i think?)

I'm enneagram 3. Although taking the test, they say I'm mostly 98% type 3, and 97% type 8, I know for sure I'm 3, because it is a type that I hate to admit about myself. I have people pleaser tendencies not through my personality but through a product or service I'm doing. The weaknesses of 8, I'm not as ashamed of the weaknesses of type 3. haha. 

I love attention and showing a good image of myself... haha

@charlie cho   Yes, and I like the way the Enneagram also gives more insight into our natural path of growth in life. I'm a 4 who needs to integrate more of the discipline of a 1. The nr 4 also tends to believe that everyone else has it easier than they do. When I learned that this was a lens that 4 was viewing the world through, all of a sudden it dissolved. Quite amazing really. Going to study this system in more depth. I guess it also comes down to: to know God, know thyself. 

@charlie cho  You might enjoy this channel, some of the most conscious insights into the Enneagram I've seen.