Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Rumi

10 posts in this topic

These spoken Rumi poems are awesome to listen to. So peaceful

I enjoy Rumi.  Reading the Essential Rumi a year or two ago was very insightful. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

,,,,,,Purity?

Cherubim babies long for my innocence.,,,,,,

,,,,,,My worst habit is, I get so tired of winter

I become a torture to those I'm with,,,,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

?

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Shams is a puzzling figure. He appeared one day in Konya, Turkey, where Rumi was a teacher, and when the two had a chance meeting that led to a theological discussion, Shams fell in a swoon at Rumi's feet. Both the poet and his students later described this meeting in terms of the most passionate love:

For lovers, the beauty of the beloved is their teacher

His face is their syllabus, lesson, and book

Shams and Rumi were inseparable. They retreated to a private house in the trade quarter of the city for weeks at a time where they talked about God for hours on end. Shams is often credited with awakening Rumi to the mystical side of Islam — he taught him the hypnotic whirling dance many Sufi dervishes practice today

https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=5358878&itype=CMSID

?

My mom thought for sure I’d be a lawyer too. But there’s a much bigger case to be made in this place. You bring me to tears my man. Thank you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

''Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.''

That one pulled an emotional string for me. 

''This being human is a guest house. Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor...Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.''

Thank you for finding and sharing this.

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

?

My mom thought for sure I’d be a lawyer too. But there’s a much bigger case to be made in this place. You bring me to tears my man. Thank you. 

Thank you, appreciate the help and patience. 

Can't wait for the future, things are about to get really interesting haha

Ugh, that's very comforting and nice. Thank you @Raptorsin7 :-)

Edited by Waken