softlyblossoming

Did dropping deeper into insight produce righter action over the long-haul?

11 posts in this topic

Did the process of deepening insight/awakening, in your personal experience, produce righter action over the long-haul? 

Did it improve your ability to be motivated for whatever you want?

Did it give you more of what you wanted in regard to motivation levels?

Sounds like these questions are coming from your ego wanting some sort of material gain from awakening.

To sum it up, awakening will have produce no righter action, not improve motivation for material success...but still place you in an infinite state of bliss.

This is the case even when life is not going the way the ego wants it to.

Yeah, but it has to become nuanced and... in alignment with the Tao. 

Really, becoming more clear in your thinking is important. You wont get anything for awakening directly. But, being more wise and developing an actual understanding of reality in the domains relative to living a good life is important. 

"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

25 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Sounds like these questions are coming from your ego wanting some sort of material gain from awakening.

@Terell Kirby I think you're right. 

16 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Yeah, but it has to become nuanced and... in alignment with the Tao. 

Really, becoming more clear in your thinking is important. You wont get anything for awakening directly. But, being more wise and developing an actual understanding of reality in the domains relative to living a good life is important. 

Thank you for that nuanced answer for the nuanced truth you experienced :P. For me personally, I feel like I become more clear headed the more awake I am. Did you find it aided you in thinking more clearly?

@Terell Kirby & @Thought Art Amazingly helpful answers. Thank you both!

Yeah, awakening is that.. to me it's all encompassing clarity...

Be willing to face your own self deceptions everyday with joy in their discovery and you'll be fine I think. 

"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

On 30/09/2021 at 8:21 PM, Thought Art said:

Be willing to face your own self deceptions everyday with joy in their discovery and you'll be fine I think. 

That "with joy in their discovery" really is the key to all of this, isn't it? Certainly something I'll never stop needing to be reminded of! Gee wiz, Thought Art, way to sum up the last 3 years of my life in a sentence, eh? Just wish Culadasa had mentioned that bit a thousand times in his book instead of only a hundred and one ¬¬:/:D

On 9/29/2021 at 2:59 PM, softlyblossoming said:

Did the process of deepening insight/awakening, in your personal experience, produce righter action over the long-haul? 

Did it improve your ability to be motivated for whatever you want?

Did it give you more of what you wanted in regard to motivation levels?

@softlyblossoming You eventually realize there is no such thing as righter action. That is an idea the human mind is constructing. 

It can actually have the opposite affect. Your goals, ambitions and motivation may change dramatically from what they currently are. If you are going to pursue awakening, prepare yourself for the high probability of that happening.

I would say I'm less motivated. I much more enjoy the state of being versus feeling like always doing. My priorities changed a lot.

Edited by Matthew85

Well, I'll put it this way. Awakening took a lot of the fear and pressure out of life. But I am still a shitty cook, and I still struggle to wake up without coffee. 

Awakening changes you radically. you stop fooling yourself with imaginary futures and stick to the present. your mind opens to the true understanding of who you are. you look back and are greatly surprised at your blindness, at your stupidity. of your unconscious life. contemplation and meditation become the greatest pleasures. stop needing the company of others, to contrast with them. loneliness ceases to exist. you are able to really love, without selfishness. You see that you are being guided and you accept the guidance. you stop being afraid, anxiety decreases. death ceases to be an unthinkable horror, to become the anvil on which you forge yourself. to accept it completely, truly, is the goal

It made me lose priority for the normal things in my life. Awakening became the main focus. I lost a lot of friends and business relationships due to waking up. My life is better, but there are plenty of costs. 

I’ve had ~500 transformative spiritual experiences in the past 10 months. Here’s where I’m at now.
https://youtu.be/Xr2chjakYMU

“Bring your Authentic Light into the world so that others may feel confident enough to do the same.” -Māhā Ānanda aka Brandon Rohe