Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WokeBloke

How Many Are Here

10 posts in this topic

The options:

0 - No one is here (non existence/Buddhist delusion)

1 - Someone is here with no other (typically called I/Awareness/Consciousness)

2+ - Many are here (schizophrenia)

1 is here. 

You are asking a question that can only be directly realized. It is beyond conceptualization. Your mind will never provide a satisfactory answer, and you will only see it by discovering the Self within.

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao; The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of ten thousand things. Ever desireless, one can see the mystery. Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations. These two spring from the same source but differ in name; this appears as darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gate to all mystery.

- First sentence of the Tao Te Ching

The cosmos is a necklace created by Consciousness, which it wears, without identifying with the separateness of it. The form of the necklace, and the materials that define it, are still Consciousness, but in a different state of Self-awareness. Ultimately and relatively, it is all Consciousness.

There is nothing that exists separate from me, Arjuna. The entire universe is suspended from me as my necklace of jewels.

- Bhagavad Gita 7:8

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

There’s what’s appearing, with no other, which is not a thing. It’s not actually something here, otherwise there’d have to be an other, because if there’s a real here, then there’s a real there.

There is neither one nor many. There aren’t two, which is why one can resonate, but it’s just a nice idea. There is no thing, and one implies a thing.

Edited by The0Self

When you divide a mobius strip (a one sided, one edged surface) in two, you end up with 1 mobius strip. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

The Mobius strip is a way to understand consciousness. The Mobius strip is self-referential, it's a loop. When you cut the strip it takes on a new form, but really it's still the original strip. In a way the cut (consciousness/awareness) is imaginary, the original strip (non-duality) always exists. Consciousness is just a constant process of cutting into non-duality. You can't capture this process with numbers.

All stories and explanations are false.

On 9/29/2021 at 11:37 PM, WokeBloke said:

1 is here. 

1 = is = here

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

"And if you listen very hard

The tune will come to you at last

When all are one and one is all"

(Led Zeppelin)

In other words, you need to work at finding out what are the actual distinctions between things: if it appears that there are multiple things, what are those boundaries made of? Are there objectively real separations, or only imagined ones? 

1 hour ago, silene said:

if it appears that there are multiple things, what are those boundaries made of? Are there objectively real separations, or only imagined ones? 

This assumes there's a boundary between real and imaginary;) 

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream..

Merrily merrily merrily merrily

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."