flyingguitarist

Naval Ravikant

16 posts in this topic

what do you think Naval Ravikant's SD stage is ? For me he seems to be in Stage Yellow ,with some orangeness ,would love to see your inputs. @Leo Gura where do you peg him?

anyway got lot of insights from his Twitter a/c, Podcasts and a book about him.

37 minutes ago, flyingguitarist said:

what do you think Naval Ravikant's SD stage is ? For me he seems to be in Stage Yellow ,with some orangeness ,would love to see your inputs. @Leo Gura where do you peg him?

I think he is at 7.21 on sd.

@Epikur hehe yeah?✌️

He also promotes "Do nothing" meditation, same as what leo explained in his video

Edited by flyingguitarist

He's very wise. Have listened to a bunch of his stuff. Seems very SD-Yellow 

@kamwalker agreed but in some video he tells that if all people focus more on hard sciences , technology than soft sciences then the world would be a better place (idk exact words I'm just paraphrasing ) which made me ponder that maybe he has some orange bias ?

Edited by flyingguitarist

Yes he was saying something along the lines that a lot of the suffering mankind goes through is unnecessary because we could advance civilization and technology at a much faster rate if more people dedicated their energy to sciences. No more mindless jobs that could be performed by AI. The result of  that would inevitably allow people to begin thinking beyond just materialism. I see this as stage Yellow thinking. 

On 2021-09-29 at 5:29 PM, flyingguitarist said:

He is Yellow for sure 

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

I would say he is healthy stage orange dominantly. You get almost no sense of any stage green in any of the things that he says. Someone in teir 2 would have integrated stage green as well. His view of the world is basically that it is a a well oiled machine that can be mastered and manipulated through automation. His philosophy is to just learn coding and that will solve all of the problems we have. He doesn't seem to carry much systematic thinking or views on the world or topics he discusses. He doesn't seem to carry multiple perspectives. 

I have listened to him in pretty great length. His information on getting rich and building a business is solid. He doesn't seem to stray that far away from that though. 

Edit: I listened to that Joe Rogan interview and he does carry some green with the meditation and some of the ideas there. He is against a lot of other green stuff such as progressives and things like universal basic income. I did note that he can notice multiple perspectives in things like politics and how they clash, but can't seem to look through the lens himself. Instead just backs away from them. If you had just listened to the how to get rich, then it is pretty narrowed in on orange. He didn't seem to carry many models or systems to look through at things. I did note he mentioned a "model" early on, but it was just a basic way of going through life. 

Edited by Average Investor

Seems pretty orange to me (I only naval from his tweet storm so keep that in mind lol) 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Naval have a lot of yellow but he is still in his core orange. He doesn't have system thinking as wide as other yellow thinkers I value the most and he is too deep into science and tehnology and firm beliver that more and more of it will solve all human problems

4 hours ago, flyingguitarist said:

@Monkey_in_suit Same case would be for Elon Musk right ? Most of his advices resonate orange kind of thinking (ex: work 80-100hrs /week , etc..)

Btw Tesla does not make patents which is quite interesting

Orange-vibes.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@flyingguitarist Elon is more on the unhealthy side of orange. The hustle culture type advice is what he gives from what I have seen. He also participates in what seems like pump and dump schemes in the crypto markets. You also don't become the first/second richest person in the world without a good amount of orange in you. 

The thing that makes Naval harder to pinpoint is that he is much more well read. That comes through more, when he speaks. However, reading a lot of books does not make someone yellow. 

naval is decidedly open minded willing to listen adjust learn plus wise humble honest ... i tried to point him to leo but naval is open minded but not radically so ... it is all about the bottom line for him, waking up is a spare time hobby ... leo and naval both hit million subscribers on the same day leo on yt naval on twitter ... naval has skyrocketed since then but that is just popularity nothing else