Vibroverse

Religion

13 posts in this topic

The Quran is an imagination, Mohammad is an imagination, hadiths are imagination, verses are imagination, religious people are imagination, unreligious people are imagination, Jesus is imagination, the Bible is imagination, Lao Tzu is imagination, everything is imagination. The only reality that exists is Moses. 

I'm kidding, Moses also is imagination. And I'm also an imagination. 

Okay but surely chocolate is real

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Karl Marx is an imagination ?

Imagination talking about other imaginations ?

Isn't it fantastic, but also realize that you also are an imagination. 

Imagination is reality though. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Isn't it fantastic, but also realize that you also are an imagination. 

Yes, but only my human form that void/conciousness/universe/God is using to experience itself.

You see, you probably are dreaming others around you and the environment you're in as less than great, and therefore you, probably, keep imagining and dreaming so. 

Basically how religion started is that some mystics came and said "can't you see how I'm experiencing God right now?", and the people we're like "not really, but you seem like a cool guy, so we'll try to write down what you're saying in this book here and spread it around", not realizing that words and models are limited and God is unlimited. Then when people scratch their head because they don't seem to get a taste of God by following the scriptures, they invent the idea of "faith", that God can indeed not be directly experienced, but that devotion to your own idea of God inside your head is the right path to go. Then when these ideas change and clash with eachother over time, you get different churches and lineages, and these fight for survival and only the most selfish wins. Ta-da!

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 29/09/2021 at 4:57 PM, Vibroverse said:

The Quran is an imagination, Mohammad is an imagination, hadiths are imagination, verses are imagination, religious people are imagination, unreligious people are imagination, Jesus is imagination, the Bible is imagination, Lao Tzu is imagination, everything is imagination. The only reality that exists is Moses. 

I'm kidding, Moses also is imagination. And I'm also an imagination. 

Introduction to the new religion called "Idealism".

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

32 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Basically how religion started is that some mystics came and said "can't you see how I'm experiencing God right now?", and the people we're like "not really, but you seem like a cool guy, so we'll try to write down what you're saying in this book here and spread it around", not realizing that words and models are limited and God is unlimited. Then when people scratch their head because they don't seem to get a taste of God by following the scriptures, they invent the idea of "faith", that God can indeed not be directly experienced, but that devotion to your own idea of God inside your head is the right path to go. Then when these ideas change and clash with eachother over time, you get different churches and lineages, and these fight for survival and only the most selfish wins. Ta-da!

Lol, where did you learn that story? Sounds too good to be true.

From what I have learned, religion actually started with the blood, sweat, and tears of the founders clashing with their people every time. The mystic tells his people that they are deluded, and they try to shut him down until he's either killed or otherwise prevailed against them.

Faith was just another word for open-mindedness. It basically means that I understand how what I'm saying sounds way too far fetched, so if you can't currently believe me, then at least try to have an open mind that it might be true. That's because prophets were accused of being crazy, possessed, mentally ill, evil, etc...

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

40 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Lol, where did you learn that story? Sounds too good to be true.

From what I have learned, religion actually started with the blood, sweat, and tears of the founders clashing with their people every time. The mystic tells his people that they are deluded, and they try to shut him down until he's either killed or otherwise prevailed against them.

It's mainly based on the story of Jesus, but it applies generally to all religions. It's not like Christianity didn't struggle to gain popularity, That is a part of the fight for survival, which is what corrupted it even more.

40 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Faith was just another word for open-mindedness. It basically means that I understand how what I'm saying sounds way too far fetched, so if you can't currently believe me, then at least try to have an open mind that it might be true. That's because prophets were accused of being crazy, possessed, mentally ill, evil, etc...

The religious concept of faith was literally invented by St. Augustine in the 4th century. It explicitly and deliberately places doctrine over experience (dogmatism over mysticism):

Modern understandings of faith depend heavily on Augustine of Hippo, who defines it (De trin. 13.2.5) as fides quae and fides qua, belief in the body of Christian doctrine and the faith which takes place in the heart and mind of the believer.

https://www.classics.ox.ac.uk/invention-faith-pistis-and-fides-early-churches-and-later-roman-empire

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.