Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Durden

Why nothing changed in other "people's" behaviour after I woke up?

129 posts in this topic

After realising that life is a dream and other people are merely dream characters or figments of my imagination, I noticed nothing changed in their behaviour. They are still acting according to charachters they used to play in my life. I understand It had sense when I was asleep but now that I'm awake I don't have any more reasons to fool myself into thinking I'm living a regular human life and that I'm not all alone. Should I just play along or do something about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm. Perhaps you didn't have a deep enough awakening? Awaken deep enough and others awaken as well. Reality will twist itself to where that is the case.  Your selflessness literally glitches out reality. 

Edited by Proserpina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really can't awaken anyone else but yourself. But, you can find others who share your experience.

In fact, as you wake up people will think you are crazy.


"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

Hm. Perhaps you didn't have a deep enough awakening? Awaken deep enough and others awaken as well. Reality will twist itself to where that is the case.  Your selflessness literally glitches out reality. 

Hope it will. Now I feel as being lucid in a dream but without any control.

 

10 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

You really can't awaken anyone else but yourself. But, you can find others who share your experience.

In fact, as you wake up people will think you are crazy.

Yes, I know what you mean. I tried talking about this stuff with some of my friends that I regard as smart and open minded but they looked at me as I was crazy so I stopped doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure you know you’re awake? Or do you just believe you are? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Hope it will. Now I feel as being lucid in a dream but without any control.

You gotta be willing to: go insane, lose control, lose all sense of certainty, be hit heavy blows of trauma, lose all self respect and dignity. And that comes as your 'reward' for dedicating your life to moment by moment painful selfless practice. 

Edited by Proserpina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be grounded. Survival is still here, responsibility is still here. You are waking up and recontextualizing what has already been.


"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consider: If you were dreaming, and in this dream you were trying to convince the characters in your dream that you were awake, this would be evidence of you still being asleep and lost in the dream, and not awake. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mason Riggle People need to be completely honest with themselves. I think some hear Leo's words and they like the way they sound so they unknowingly adopt them as a belief and mistake it for knowing. It's like if you had never heard of a camel and someone told you such a thing exists, but they couldn't use words to describe what it was. This would have little impact on you. You would have to go see one for yourself to truly get it. Then words of description wouldn't even be necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kamwalker agree.  Many people are shown the Camel, but refuse to look at it.

 "I have seen a Camel.. you can go the desert and see one too."

"Yeah right.. Camels don't exist.. I'm not wasting my time looking for one in the desert." 

How do you show someone something who refused to look at it? 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience, people don't change because you had an awakening. What does change is your perception and reaction to their behavior. People who don't resonate will slowly drop out of your life and you will meet others that meet your new "vibe".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just keep diving deeper and deeper in consciousness, and bit by bit you will shift, in a sense, to dreams that are the way you prefer. Don't think it is like i just wake up and everything changes, it usually is not that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

It's sort of like being somebody that was a drunk and you got sobered up. But you gotta live the rest of your life in a bar. It's kinda like that.

Adyashanti :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is a somewhat common mistake to thing awakening will change your 'external' reality. It doesn't.


"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

I think it is a somewhat common mistake to thing awakening will change your 'external' reality. It doesn't.

Definitely don't have any expectations. But if it does show up at your door step one day, don't be afraid to jump in.  And don't expect it to be pleasant. Or for any of it to make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's important to remember that the dreaming/awakening analogy is just that, an analogy. The map is not the territory. 

An apple similar in ways, to a tomato. An apple is not exactly like a tomato, however. Don't conflate the two. 

Awakening is often times a deeper understanding of reality which includes previous understandings, rather than replacing them.  

Addition doesn't 'go away' once you discover multiplication.. you just have a deeper understanding of the relationship between numbers. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

After realising that life is a dream and other people are merely dream characters or figments of my imagination, I noticed nothing changed in their behaviour. They are still acting according to charachters they used to play in my life. I understand It had sense when I was asleep but now that I'm awake I don't have any more reasons to fool myself into thinking I'm living a regular human life and that I'm not all alone.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Now I feel as being lucid in a dream but without any control.

@Tyler Durden You're getting trapped in solipsism. Watch out for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

You gotta be willing to: go insane, lose control, lose all sense of certainty, be hit heavy blows of trauma, lose all self respect and dignity. And that comes as your 'reward' for dedicating your life to moment by moment painful selfless practice. 

I'm still afraid to get out of my comfort zone. I got used to my "life" and its "rules". I don't know what to expect if I let all of that go.

 

46 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Just be grounded. Survival is still here, responsibility is still here. You are waking up and recontextualizing what has already been.

I'm aware of that but hoping "others" will give me hints that I'm on a right path.

 

43 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Consider: If you were dreaming, and in this dream you were trying to convince the characters in your dream that you were awake, this would be evidence of you still being asleep and lost in the dream, and not awake. 

Yeah, I should't care about opinion of dream characters, they don't actually exits, it's all me.

 

26 minutes ago, Persipnei said:

In my experience, people don't change because you had an awakening. What does change is your perception and reaction to their behavior. People who don't resonate will slowly drop out of your life and you will meet others that meet your new "vibe".

You mean my "parents", "relatives" and "friends" will be replaced by "people" that understand me more?

 

26 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Just keep diving deeper and deeper in consciousness, and bit by bit you will shift, in a sense, to dreams that are the way you prefer. Don't think it is like i just wake up and everything changes, it usually is not that way. 

Hope that there will be more "people" in my life that are like forum members here.

 

29 minutes ago, nistake said:

Adyashanti :D

Will get a desire to get drunk again in that case ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can have a dream that is planet earth, with people, with all the rules we have... and this is it. 


"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@Tyler Durden You're getting trapped in solipsism. Watch out for that. 

I consider myself to be an avatar in God's dream. Don't think that my ego is the dreamer. I know I'm no more real than other dream characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0