Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaja57

Psychedelics = 10 years of therapy

8 posts in this topic

Someone once hold me that one session of psychedelics is tesame as 10 year of therapy. Do you think therapy is still useful after doing lots of trips? 

For me doing therapy is a painfully slow proces. 

Yes, therapy is very useful especially if you are tripping. Talk therapy addresses things psychedelics don't and vice versa. 

I think more and more therapist are getting training to better serve their clients who are tripping as thing like magic mushrooms become more used to treat mental illness. 

Always follow proper tripping protocol. Improve based on direct experience. 

Psychedelics are only really effective if you are doing the proper protocols, and ensuring the proper mindset, intention and setting as you go into it. You get out of it what you put in. Also, you may need to do a few trips to really see what they offer as some may be bad, some may be pleasant etc.

Sometimes a psychedelics like LSD or mushrooms may also make you face parts of your shadow/ bring up difficult memories so I alway recommend you have a therapist to speak to, and have a mindfulness and journaling routine already in place.

The science is showing that mushrooms especially are an amazing tool for mental health purposes.

Edited by Thought Art

"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

Therapy plus psychedelics is 11 years of therapy. B|

Don't let your beliefs limit you. 

@Rilles xD

Crank it to 11

Edited by Thought Art

"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

Psychedelics works by deconditioning consciousness for a temporary time, usually several hours. So you can have experience without conditioning and self-imposed illusions on reality. With proper preparation it can be useful to enhance psychological therapy, because they can help not only by revealing your conditioning, but also allow deeply repressed emotions to rise up, which can cause a very intense experience. 

So in a nutshell, yes, it can show your self from a very different perspective. This is very different from working on self transformation from the same self that is looking to transform. It doesn't necessarily transform you over the trip, and probably will not. You could be shocked by the experience but when the substance effects will fade, the self-mind will remain the same. So I wouldn't compare a trip to a few years of therapy, but it is very subjective. I know a lot of people who trip, and I never seen anyone transform from one trip, or from two. Transformation is usually longer process, even though it doesn't have to be so.

So, don't trip with too much expectations. Just trip safely and let what happens to happen.

Imagine 100 trips ;)

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

It’s not exactly clinical therapy but after my first ten day vipassana sit i got the exact same result as about 3.5g mushroom voyage afterglow. Only it lasted several weeks longer. Reason being I first got into psychedelics thinking you could pretty much just do one trip and be set for a long time without having to do any follow up work. So that made my gains diminish faster than they should have. But after learning to meditate at the level they taught me, i was able to keep the progress alive and growing. 

Easily the best I’ve ever felt since early childhood. 

Edited by Emotionalmosquito

Therapy can teach you how to be with your inner life and how to explore and uncover what is hidden - for example, it can teach you to always be loving towards any struggle or pain and how to cooperate with your shadow to understand why it's there in the first place. Also, a therapist might see through your toughest blind spots.

But if you've learned self love and how to create inner harmony, psychedelics are incredibly potent. The levels of interconnected thinking, high intelligence, consciousness, and especially the immense flooding with cosmic love heal wounds and give clarity as nothing else can. Do meditation on top to cultivate surrender to God's love and lifetimes of burdens burn away quickly.

Disclaimer though: quick healing and purification is no child's play, literally - the whole journey turns out not to be about feeling any certain way, and indeed it will be very tough at times.