Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooper

If God is selfless then how does it decide what to create?

11 posts in this topic

God can create an infinite variety of dreams, but if God is selfless it doesn't have any reason to choose one dream over another. So why is God deciding to dream it's a human being right now instead of something else?

i think god dreams to be everything, not just a human being

also the animal you ate today the tree outside etc.

Exactly God only cares about itself. It is not selfless. It does only what it wants to do as it should.

If its creation is infinite then it doesn't need to make decisions; the question implies creation is finite. Our finite minds are a microcosm of what the infinite is.

18 hours ago, Ry4n said:

If its creation is infinite then it doesn't need to make decisions; the question implies creation is finite. Our finite minds are a microcosm of what the infinite is.

This seems to be the right answer as far as I can tell. It just doesn't make sense to my finite mind because if what Leo says is true and what I'm experiencing now is all there is, that means that everything that isn't here in this now moment is being excluded for some unknowable reason. Some people would say everything IS here and now but that doesn't seem to be the case in my direct experience. There's a distinction I'm making between something existing in actuality versus something existing in potentiality which Leo would say is imaginary, and I've experienced that distinction break down on psychedelics before, but right now that distinction exists and it seems completely arbitrary why I'm experiencing what I'm experiencing right now instead of something else.

You can't use human logic to make sense of God's creative process. It's too infinite for that. You'd have to become infinitely conscious to know how.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Perhaps rather than instead of it's and...?

The dream is me and a world that's not me. 

22 hours ago, Cooper said:

God can create an infinite variety of dreams, but if God is selfless it doesn't have any reason to choose one dream over another. So why is God deciding to dream it's a human being right now instead of something else?

human, whoman? 

human This is in part from PIE *(dh)ghomon-, literally "earthling, earthly being," as opposed to the gods (from root *dhghem- "earth"), but there is no settled explanation of the sound changes involved. Compare Hebrew adam "man," from adamah "ground."

So the word man came from the word earth. We think we live on earth. We are earth, there's no us/world. No separation. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Being selfless requires a level of creativity only a few people understand today, relatively speaking.

"If God is selfless then how does it decide what to create?" 

God doesn't decide. God simply creates every possible thing. 

God holds within its nature the power to become every form that can be imagined. 

On 9/27/2021 at 8:54 PM, Cooper said:

If God is selfless then how does it decide what to create?

This assumes a ‘decider’ & a ‘decision’ is actual of experience. 

There is also no ‘choice’ or ‘chooser’. 

You are the creator of your reality. The “thing outside”. The “unknown reason”. The “potentiality”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE