Peo

Good style for looking attractive? (Pick-up)

86 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Max8 said:

logic.

humans are very predictable machines 

What logic have you used to convince yourself that the market works in the way you believe it does?

41 minutes ago, something_else said:

What logic have you used 

how many kinds of logic are there ?

Fashion and style can be fun fun fun!!  It’s no different than having a beautiful, clean, well-organized home, office or car.  The website fashionbeans.com has some good advice:

Smart Casual Stylish.

Essential Wardrobe Basics.

Minimalist Wardrobe.

Shirt-Tie Combinations.

Never underestimate the power of style and grooming.  The fact that some guys are bizarrely resistant to such easy pickings gives the stylish guy even more of a competitive advantage.  Just make sure it’s authentic to who you are and makes you feel confident.

The cute, stylish girls you’re probably checking out had to learn style.  They make the most of what they have and prefer guys who put effort into their appearance too.  Just like athletic guys prefer athletic girls.

Edited by FlyingLotus

1 hour ago, Max8 said:

how many kinds of logic are there ?

Sorry, let me rephrase. What chain of logic have you used to conclude that the dating market works in the way that you suggested it does?

I'm trying to understand your reasoning

Do not forget to take care of your body also. 

The bare minimum should be not to be overweight or extremly skinny. If you want to maximize it then you can get a fit body that looks nice. You can easily do this in 1-2 years of workout out. The confidence it will give you is quite nice and it also conditions you internally.

If you combine good style with a good body you will stand out a lot from most guys who are too lazy to workout or even if they do a bit, do not wear nice clothes on top.

I am tired of guys i know tell me they re gonna start working out, do it 1 month then quit. I cannot even take them seriously anymore, so lazy and always finding excuses. Now i know how Leo feels like when he reads  50 excuses on why people cant do pick up, i get 50 excuses about "why i cannot work out this week". 

Just now, Karmadhi said:

. If you want to maximize it then you can get a fit body that looks nice. You can easily do this in 1-2 years of workout out.

Do you think it's possible without a workout by just a diet 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

18 hours ago, mandyjw said:

While I appreciate this, I doubt you're actually satisfied perpetuating this part of the matrix so strongly. You can't tear it down on one hand and build it up with the other without working against yourself. 

god consciousness is meeting you where you are at not where it is at ... is god typing at this forum for its benefit or for yours

(i am far from this level myself, i type to put meat on the bones of my truth nothing else ... selfish af in the best possible way)

Edited by gettoefl

@gettoeflI'm not trying to push some impossibly high standard on people, the opposite actually. Think back to when you were 4 or 5. Have any trouble talking to girls? Did you have a great time with them? Did you worry about how you looked? 

What did you know then that you don't know now? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Preety_India

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Do you think it's possible without a workout by just a diet 

For guys- Nope

For girls- Yes if you have natural good curves. So a girl that is naturally curvy (ass and tits) then you can look really hot if you diet down your weight to a good healthy level. If a girl is naturally skinny then she will have the slim look. Some guys like that but imo having a fit toned body is super hot in a girl. Therefore unless you are genetically gifted with good curves you would have to do some gym to look your best. You do not need to be hardcore at it tbh just 2-3 times per week for 6-12 months. For a girl the worst thing is to be overweight, being too skinny or just normal weight without curves is much better than being overweight. 

Edited by Karmadhi

Check Real Man Real Style youtube channel. You can learn how to choose proper fit/size for your body type and how to match clothes.

I also recommend buying second hand clothes. This is a good way to experiment and learn about style. You will make a lot of mistakes at the beginning so there is no point in buying brand new clothes.

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@gettoeflI'm not trying to push some impossibly high standard on people, the opposite actually. Think back to when you were 4 or 5. Have any trouble talking to girls? Did you have a great time with them? Did you worry about how you looked? 

What did you know then that you don't know now? 

you are right that things were easy peesey then by comparison ... a word or three from the big man however would have been much welcomed instead of the junk one is fed ... we do need to be told the truth in order to recognise and remember that we know it ... hence what leo is/was doing is valuable namely talking to people where they are at, coming down to their level ... i cannot do that as i am trying to figure things out myself

@Peo But isnt it also true that most of the guys in the pickup industry say that "looks dont matter"?

Girls are different and like different things clothing wise. Confidence is more important. So dress in a way that makes you feel confident.

Although clean and well fitting clothes are a minimum. Looking neat and well groomed is a bonus. Colors is also something to take into consideration. Darker is better for winter than summer for instance. Matching colors is good while all blue is not.

Edited by Spiral

1 hour ago, AriSujan said:

@Peo But isnt it also true that most of the guys in the pickup industry say that "looks dont matter"?

Clothes convey a lot more than looks. They convey your personal style, personality, confidence, social skills e.g. appropriate dress, how well you express yourself etc.

I prefer looking cleaned up and sharp:

Shaved face - haircut with a fade. 

Get in shape and good fitting clothes. 

Wear jeans with nice tones or khakis. Clothes that look nice and are clean. Make sure they compliment each other. Don't be afraid of tucking in a shirt. Get some nice jewelry like a watch and a necklace of something you find meaningful. Clean up your eyebrows. stand up straight. 

Thought I’d mention, you can learn the fundamentals of fashion and style in a week, or even a weekend.  It’s fun, awesome, easy, and useful over a lifetime.  You can’t say that about many skills.  So why not be both spiritual and stylish?

On 9/30/2021 at 9:15 AM, AriSujan said:

But isnt it also true that most of the guys in the pickup industry say that "looks dont matter"?

Guys in pickup assume women are as fixated on looks as they are.  Generally, men care a lot more about looks than women.  Also, a lot of them focus on stuff they can’t change like height or jawline, and ignore the stuff they can control.      

That means you should focus on the part of your looks you can change, like clothes, personal hygiene, diet, fitness, posture, having a clear resonant voice, energy, confidence, etc.  Doesn’t mean you have to be as hot as Chris Evans.  It means you make the most with what you have and most importantly develop a life purpose and personality so that your looks are a side dish and not the main course.

Of course, that’s only if you want a woman who’s attractive or “hot” and has developed herself.  A girl who doesn’t wear makeup or care about clothes won’t notice clothes, but she’ll still notice grooming and hygiene.

On 9/30/2021 at 11:02 AM, something_else said:

Clothes convey a lot more than looks. They convey your personal style, personality, confidence, social skills e.g. appropriate dress, how well you express yourself etc.

?

Notice how the world will react very differently to these looks despite each of them being from the same guy.  Think about how you would react if each of these guys was hitting on you…

Evansess1.jpg

Evansess2.jpg

Evansess3.jpg

Flipping genders, most straight guys would say yes to both these ladies:

Prettywoman.jpg

Many lesbians would not.  Women really really really care about hygiene, grooming and safety, to a degree that a lot of men don’t relate to.

1.  Dress for your body type. 

men-body-shapes.jpg

These two articles are good.  Most skinny guys are rectangles.  Leo's a rectangle. 

-Identify Your Body Type

-Dress For Your Body Type

2.  Pay attention to the colour palettes of outfits you like and that look good on you.

You can upgrade your style by choosing colours that stand out and/or contrast with each other but still coordinate well together.

Canva shows lots of colour palettes that coordinate well together.

contrast.jpg

3.  Notice how good fashion has layers that contrast but are well coordinated.

Shirt, pants, shoes, belt, tie, hat, jewelry, accessories, etc are in the same style family with colours that work well together.  All good outfits have some degree of this.

Bad layering: Major clashing of styles between the sporty jacket and shirt and tie combo.  Colours don’t coordinate.

Bad-Layering.jpg

Good layering:

Layering.png

4.  Look at men’s fashion on Pinterest and Google images.

Find a celebrity whose style you like with a similar body type to yours and study them.  Celebs have a team of professionals to make them look good.  You can learn from them for free by using google.  Eddie Redmayne’s a good one for skinny guys.  He’s stylish but not too out there.

5.  Use fashion to explore different parts of your personality.

Different styles represent different energies, personality traits and even archetypes.  Walk around town wearing different looks and notice how they affect your energy.  If you’re uncomfortable with, say, an androgynous hipster look, contemplate why.  If you’re uncomfortable with looking like a rich, high roller, perhaps you need to integrate the part of your personality that is a type-A go getter?

Spicy Vanilla Looks

-These outfits look good and aren’t going to scare you out of your comfort zone.

1vanillaspice.jpg

Classic High-Roller Looks

2highroller.jpg

Outdoorsy

Outdoorsy.jpg

Bold Prints

bold-Prints.jpg

Polarizing Looks:

-Hipster, Ultra Preppy, Rock ’n Roller/Rebel, Avant Garde (among others).  These take confidence to pull off.

Hipster

Hipster.jpg

The Ultra Preppy Gentleman

-I personally love this look ?, but I can see a lot of women finding it stuffy or intimidating.  (Ladies, what do you think of this look?)  You can soften it up by pairing it with dark denim jeans.    

prep.jpg

Rock ’n Roller/Rebel

-Russell Brand used to pwn this look.

Russ-Rocker.jpg

russell-brand-leggings-1.jpg

Avant Garde

-Great if you want to challenge your ability to handle the stress of everyone looking at you.  Ezra Miller pwns avant garde fashion.  Good for inspiration to incorporate into more normal outfits.

Avant.jpg

Keep in mind, people will always assume things about you based on looks, some of them very illogical.  I used this picture of myself once on a dating app and got very strange, polarized responses. (The version I used was a lot bigger.)

Black-Shirt.jpg

Guys assumed a bunch of stuff about me that I’ve never been accused of in real life.  After I didn't respond to a bunch of messages, I was accused of being a clubbing party girl, gold digger, a snobby bitch, full of herself, desperate for attention, vain, “not girlfriend material,” possessor of an OnlyFans profile and so forth. 

I also got positive responses, probably more positive responses than if I used a normal, neutral pic, like the one in my profile.  Guys assumed I liked ballet and the opera and that I mostly dined at fancy restaurants, which was funny.

So, a polarized look creates a polarized response.  You can’t not have an image.  You might as well make it authentic to you.  Strangely, saying “I’m the person who’s too modest to have an image” is still an image, even if that’s actually who you are.

Edited by FlyingLotus

AfeQp6K.jpg

Pw8U7Vp.jpg

hcYM923.jpg

Q9LooiW.jpg

jwNaD4l.jpg

I feel right at home in raw denim, leather jackets, boots, and rocker/biker style clothes. I love motorcycles so it just fits my lifestyle. I feel handsome and sexy. I would say you gotta find something that fits your lifestyle and image of yourself and also a bit how people view you. Some people can't pull off a certain style because it doesn't fit their lifestyle. 

@Lyubov Good outfit picks! 

The last one has a bit too much denim for me, but it'll look a lot better with the jacket opened up so you can see the shirt underneath.  The red shoes in the previous pics are a good example of a nice pop of colour.  

8 hours ago, charlie cho said:

I'd like to know how you learnt style and fashion? I'm a man. What would be good information for me?

Reread my post.  Spend a weekend at the mall going to different clothing stores and trying stuff on, even stuff that seems weird.  You're just trying it on to see what it looks like and how it feels.  It might look and feel better than you expect.

If all else fails, wear this:

Evans-Bikini-Top.jpg

?

Edited by FlyingLotus