Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Max8

meditation is not that useful

70 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2021 at 6:40 AM, Max8 said:

na man, yoga is for the girls because it makes the body releases more estrogen

No idea if that was a joke or not, but the guys with the highest testosterone have the highest estrogen usually. It's the balance that can be a problem but this is usually only an issue if carrying a lot of extra fat and even then usually not.

But no activity is going to make you produce significantly more estrogen; certainly not as much estrogen as a high testosterone male xD... unless you already have high test, in which case your estrogen will be somewhat high as well.

26 minutes ago, The0Self said:

guys with the highest testosterone have the highest estrogen usually. It's the balance

having high estrogen by definition means more estrogen than testosterone 

which is what females have 

look up  gynecomastia

11 minutes ago, Max8 said:

having high estrogen by definition means more estrogen than testosterone 

which is what females have 

look up  gynecomastia

Which no activity will cause. Which is why I thought you were either joking or misinformed. It's a major alteration in homeostasis, not something yoga is going to cause.

11 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Which no activity will cause.. It's a major alteration in homeostasis, not something yoga is going to cause.

did you know that the brain organ has full control over the body 

releasing  or altering  hormones is the easiest thing for this organ to do 

just by thinking about specific events can increase or decrease your testosterone level or increases your stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline 

that's why people with lower self-esteem have low testosterone 

1 hour ago, Max8 said:

did you know that the brain organ has full control over the body 

releasing  or altering  hormones is the easiest thing for this organ to do 

just by thinking about specific events can increase or decrease your testosterone level or increases your stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline 

that's why people with lower self-esteem have low testosterone 

Acutely. But yoga can increase self esteem. Testosterone level is not that important anyway. It’s actually kind of rare for it to be low and if it is low, there’s basically absolutely nothing you can do other than either stop consuming substances that shut down hormones (worst offenders are calcium channel blockers and opioids), or start taking TRT. And when these studies show that some things increase or decrease test level, it’s usually going from like 300 to 350 (can’t remember the exact units, maybe ng/dl) — not gonna be much of a difference. And really the only things that’s make a significant difference are sleep and stress, so if anything meditation and yoga help testosterone level. When men look at babies it lowers their testosterone production... momentarily... so in the long run it makes NO difference. It only matters when it’s extreme, like someone with low T of like 50 going to 1200 (by injecting at least 140mg testosterone a week). You’re misinformed on this one man. I can go on if you’d like because I had quite a bit of experience with this is my life.

Edited by The0Self

Meditation is not a technique and not a means to develop capacities - as long as you want anything out of it, it is not meditation. Yeah sure, it is called meditation by many still, but I would call them mental exercises. Mindfulness, concentration etc., all fine but I personally don't regard them as meditation.

Meditation is silence, stillness, bathing in what is, excluding nothing, focusing on nothing, simply being. It is the subtraction of all that is added on top. We are walking around as a pile of neurotic mental activity. When we allow it to simply subside by just sitting and being, Truth shines ever brighter and God enters the heart. And there, it simply rests.

That is meditation, and it is the most essential thing because it is our natural state. No amount of God realization through psychedelics will change that - meditation might be the state you will find yourself in more and more. I like the word silence almost better than meditation.

@peanutspathtotruth

6 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Meditation is not a technique and not a means to develop capacities - as long as you want anything out of it, it is not meditation. Yeah sure, it is called meditation by many still, but I would call them mental exercises. Mindfulness, concentration etc., all fine but I personally don't regard them as meditation.

Meditation is silence, stillness, bathing in what is, excluding nothing, focusing on nothing, simply being. It is the subtraction of all that is added on top. We are walking around as a pile of neurotic mental activity. When we allow it to simply subside by just sitting and being, Truth shines ever brighter and God enters the heart. And there, it simply rests.

That is meditation, and it is the most essential thing because it is our natural state. No amount of God realization through psychedelics will change that - meditation might be the state you will find yourself in more and more. I like the word silence almost better than meditation.

+1

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.