Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Max8

meditation is not that useful

70 posts in this topic

I've been meditating for 1 hour a day every single day for 2 years 

i started in 2019 and kept it till 2021 

but this year i gradually start losing my faith in this habit and quit doing it 

because it didn't really make any difference in my life 

(also watching spirituality videos and self-help videos did NOT help me at all 

my life never changed or improved )

yes it made me a bit calmer and less emotionally reactive but it made me less  in touch with my feelings and unreactive 

like a robot

which is terrible for me because I'm a sperg and already disassociated with my body  which makes socializing boring 

by the way 

the mediation methods i used are all from leos videos

Edited by Max8
i forgot to add a word

Have you meditated after smoking strong weed, or a psychedelic? It is a totally different experience.

If you're doing meditation for self-improvement, you're doing it wrong. Your problem is you want to improve. The reason why you don't improve is you want to.

Instead of trying to please your ego mind, do the following. Let go of any ulterior motives, as much as you possibly can. And only then meditate. And then you may realize what meditation is really about.

Jesus Christ, am I EVER sick and tired of doing useful things! Sounds awesome. xD

Seriously though, try journaling or any artistic, musical, creative, emotional expression you're drawn to doing. meditation works great in conjunction with that. 

Cars have both gas and brake pedals for a reason. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I somewhat agree. I think meditation is great for if you feel your mind is a bit running, worrying, restless or such. You meditate and you become clearer again. Then you can go about your day. But as a transformational tool, not enough at all if it's the only thing. Perhaps that is because it's not effective at changing the way you relate to things/changing your beliefs. For that, something like living with the intention to love yourself is far far more transformative in my experience, they don't even compare.

Edited by Waken

8 minutes ago, Max8 said:

yes it made me a bit calmer and less emotionally reactive but it made me less  in touch with my feelings and unreactive 

like a robot

which is terrible for me because I'm a sperg and already disassociated with my body  which makes socializing boring

Reminds me of when I first started meditating.

After I realized a few things, I wrote this. I know, self-advertisement sucks, but you might wanna read it.

If u r doing vipasana and if u stick on doing meditation for 4 or 6 years u will reach a thoughtless stage and u will get kundalini awaikening and it will be the most plesurable thing of your entire life

Edited by itachi uchiha

5 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

Reminds me of when I first started meditating.

After I realized a few things, I wrote this. I know, self-advertisement sucks, but you might wanna read it.

Incredible post, just read it. You should make a separate thread with just that information, it would be really helpful.

@itachi uchiha

you mean that experience when I'm out of my mind in the present and life feels magical 

i love that experience that's the main reason i kept meditating 

but i very rarely have those experiences 

i think i get them when i listen to a song or gaze at the moon or the silence or the sunlight 

but i don't know exactly how to practice this habit 

im sure focusing on my breath will never get me there 

nor trying to calm my mind in fact trying to calm my mind causes me head tension and anxiety 

i have once seen a documentary when a monk uses some bowl that vibrates and makes an interesting noise id like to know the name of that object i think that's what i need to focus my attention on during mediating 

15 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Incredible post, just read it.

Thanks! I appreciate it. ?

16 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

You should make a separate thread with just that information, it would be really helpful.

Umm, isn't it already a separate thread? Not sure if I understand what you mean by "thread".

15 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

Thanks! I appreciate it. ?

Umm, isn't it already a separate thread? Not sure if I understand what you mean by "thread".

oh my bad, I thought it was a post in your journal 

@Max8 if u do vipasana for 2 hours ,your kundalini will rise to higher chakras and u will be in thoughtless state which produce an extremely pleasurable state.but this state quickly disdipate and u will be back to 30 or 20% in 45 min.yeah this stage doesnot last a lot.but it is far more pleasurable than sex and u will be in it for 45 min

@Max8

I have been meditating too for a few years now and I have stopped the practice multiple times too. 

Calmer and less reactive is one of the biggest plus in your life you can aspire to have, you are more focused in everything when you are calmer and not impulsive.

Your focus on your emotions would also be acute and you ll be able to process them much faster. If anything youd be more in touch with your feelings.

The biggest take away for me is improved focus. Ana pana from Vipassana/ watching the breath method has helped me tremendously for me for focus.

whats a Sperg by the way?

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

5 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Max8 if u do vipasana for 2 hours ,your kundalini will rise to higher chakras and u will be in thoughtless state which produce an extremely pleasurable state.but this state quickly disdipate and u will be back to 30 or 20% in 45 min.yeah this stage doesnot last a lot.but it is far more pleasurable than sex and u will be in it for 45 min

What vipassana? I have been doing vipassana noting (seeing, hearing, feeling, thinking, smelling) for a while and 0 kudalini

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Max8

Meditation is not useful. It is not a solution to your problems. It is not an answer to your questions.  It will not change anything. 

@Nahm What do you mean? It has been a solution to a few problems for me at the least.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Most probably, you are doing something else wrong so many usual proven methods do not work for you. Are you exercising enough? Are you eating healthily? Do you masturbate too much? Or maybe the specific meditation techniques you are using are not compatible with your previous connections based on the old experiences. For example, trying to focus on your breath gives you nausea, you should not use this method to get further (I am totally making up just to give you an example. I have never experienced such a thing). Just do not give up. Keep trying different methods. As Albert Einstein said, the definition of the insanity : trying same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Edited by HypnoticMagician

34 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

i don't believe in kundalini 

nor i don't want to awaken it 

i just want to be in the present and feel the "magic" of life.

as leo once said in his video: the ten things that you really want