SQAAD

Journalist Tries Meth for Journalistic Purposes

70 posts in this topic

I love the reporter in this video. Lol. He is doing a documentary on meth. And wants to understand why people get addicted to this stuff. So he tries meth for journalistic purposes. This guy puts some skin in the game. Dumb or brave , who is to decide? But i am impressed to say the least. He is willing to risk few brain cells for the larger purpose.

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

He is willing to risk few brain cells for the larger purpose.

What kills your brain cells the most is the constant sleep deprivation, malnourishment, chronic stress and emotional turmoil from living as a homeless drug addict with no hope for the future. Toxic contaminants is also a factor. Pure methamphetamine is a prescription drug. How much you suffer the downsides of drugs is mostly up to privilege. There is a reason why Jordan Belfort doesn't come off as a permafried tweaker. With that said, don't try god damn meth ?

Interesting little documentary though :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Forget meth, 5-MeO-MALT is where it's at. Meth is for children.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

How’s that for journalistic integrity?!

Edited by Willie

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Dumb or brave , who is to decide?

Me.  Dumb.  haha.

Wow.  I dunno.  This just seems too far.  like seriously, he could screw his whole life up.  That's not worth some reporting that's maybe a bit more accurate.  Even cost-benefit analysis and considering the consequences; the benefits you get from having a super small number of people who watch/read your content know that it's more accurate vs. the costs of the butterfly effects of the reporter possibly getting addicted to meth (not only practical things, like paying for rehab, losing jobs, etc., but also the emotional toll and negative pull he'll have on the people around him) is, to me, wayyyyy to small to be worthwhile.  

Besides, you could just ask people who do it and get the same thing.  

I also think/feel it seems sort of arrogant and self-aggrandizing.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Leo Gura 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Forget meth, 5-MeO-MALT is where it's at. Meth is for children.

Ahahahahaha. Meth has intrigued me the most out of all the possible drugs. The high must be unbelievable. This drug is the devil.

@Matt23

29 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

Besides, you could just ask people who do it and get the same thing.  

No it's not the same going to Mars, and asking someone else to tell you how is Mars. This reporter was able to put some skin in the game. Much respect for that. He did it with a purpose in mind. He really wanted to know.

I’ve heard that people who have gotten sober from meth will cry regularly because they can’t do it anymore.  I’m assuming it’s about one of the best things you can possibly feel.  In the words of Louis C.K.: It’s so good, it’ll ruin your life.

57 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

It’s so good, it’ll ruin your life.

I already get that for free on 5-MeO and DMT. If it was any more pleasurable it would be fatal.

Zero tolerance, zero addiction, zero withdrawal.

There's no point to meth now. People are so foolish.

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura 

Ahahahahaha. Meth has intrigued me the most out of all the possible drugs. The high must be unbelievable. This drug is the devil.

it's probably very similar to adderall

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

People are so foolish.

Yeah… though, in their defense, 5-meo/dmt/malt aren’t very well known substances yet. Once these substances become more popular and more available, I’m sure the number of meth and heroine users will steadily decrease.  

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

DMT isn't predictable and can easily show you the deepest hell imaginable. Meth, heroin, etc. are fairly consistent. I expect that's one of its selling points.

25 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Yeah… though, in their defense, 5-meo/dmt/malt aren’t very well known substances yet. Once these substances become more popular and more available, I’m sure the number of meth and heroine users will steadily decrease.  

Substance addiction is a complex problem that often comes in the form of multi-drug use and isn't just fixed by the occational use of psychedelics. I actually believe most multi-drug users have tried psychedelics. They do produce insights and give direction, but again, not everybody has the privilege to follow up on that.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

People who take meth and heroin are so psychologically damaged that psychedelics would probably be hell for them.

They are taking drugs to actively avoid facing their shadows. They are not interested in growth.

@SQAAD dumb and brave. 

I've tried both Meth and Heroin. (I'll try just about anything once) Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous.  Like nicotine.. super hard to quit.  Don't do it.  

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Tim R I haven't done both at the same time.. separate occasions.  Meth is intense.. makes you feel like superman.. glowing and radiant, lots of energy at first.. then it's gross.. you feel grimy, clammy, sleep deprived etc..  Heroin is as described.. like melting into a full body warm hug.. it's wonderful.. too wonderful. 

From what i've learned it's an extremely fiendish stim high. very similar to something like Adderall, but with the smoking ritual, long duration, and slow building tolerance making it more addictive. Doesn't sound enjoyable to me at all tbh, even too much coffee makes me feel overstimulated. the "try it once and you get addicted for life" attitude seems like "Just Say No" anti-drug propaganda to me. That being said, I'm not gonna try that shit haha. 

@eggopm3 i wouldn't recommend trying even once unless you're sure that you don't have access to it, or that you have a really strong resistance to addiction.