Thought Art

Leo, how much have you read into Taoism?

107 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

Guys cool down and stop going for attack that Leo is not awake, he is not, since Leo is a fiction.

Why should we listen to you if you are also a fiction.

Psychedelics are the only way to awaken for normal people. Leo is right about that.

9 minutes ago, Intense said:

Why should we listen to you if you are also a fiction.

Psychedelics are the only way to awaken for normal people. Leo is right about that.

Because he is you speaking to you about what you are.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

44 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

"These Buddhists" lol. With this type of arrogant approach you're just going to turn a lot of people off. You've already turned me off.

You're playing a game of one-upmanship. It's crystal clear to anyone with a modicum of spiritual experience.

I think when he said "these Buddhists" he just meant these buddhists which were being spoken of. Not something judgy or arrogant.

44 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

Psychedelics show you the truth as well, if you are concious enough.

Or, they can confuse the living hell out of you. Or, they can traumatize you for life. They are not predictable and claiming that they are is going to create a whole lot of suffering.

4 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

Or, they can confuse the living hell out of you. Or, they can traumatize you for life. They are not predictable and claiming that they are is going to create a whole lot of suffering.

more stories you are telling yourself now so you can remain asleep, which is fine.. it's just not Truth. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, you can look at that as baking cakes.

If you sufficiently realize you're God, you will not care to be "Qi master", since God is a power beyond that.

But hey, babysteps is okay. Whatever works for you.

Yeah, we are simply playing with distinctions. I still have to awaken.. Which I can now whenever I have time to dive in.

I just mean... There is still plenty of cakes to bake I assume as God. Especially where this Avatar is in life. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Mason Riggle Oh give me a break. :D I've done more potent psychedelics than you and I went farther than most here dare to, I can all but guarantee it. If you want to pretend that you can simply pop some drugs and *PUF* you're enlightened, be my guest. It's a nice fantasy but it won't get you there.

4 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

Nothingness = Consciousness. 

You can be formless Nothingness, without any imaginations (your room, body sensations, thoughts...) and still be conscious. 

Cessation or unconsciousness doesn't exist, since Reality is Consciousness. 

Which me is still conscious? I don't believe the self-me experiences a subjective conscious viewpoint when the self-mind is gone.

I only think nothingness is conscious BECAUSE it's the only way by which "somethings" can have an actuality. I don't think it has anything to do with the self-mind at all. I don't think the self-mind has any consciousness whatsoever. I think it's a "thing" like all other things.

I envision a blank piece of paper which is nothingness. Draw some shape on it which represents perception. And then the void is conscious of that perception/form. Now erase the shape. The paper goes nowhere but the shape just vanishes. That's what I see happening to the self-mind... Consciousness continues because if it didn't there wouldn't be anything which is impossible. But I don't think consciousness is something the self mind owns but vice versa I think the self-mind is like a temporary puppet plaything.

Actual nonduality can never be experienced, because you need a subject and object relation for experience to take place.

Probably when Leo is saying cessation is imaginary, he means for You capitalized. The self mind stops experiencing space and time, and you simply teleport from one time to another, if in a coma perhaps quite a while later. That is the self-mind cutting out leaving only You. Little-you is gone in that period of time.

Edited by RMQualtrough

17 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

more stories you are telling yourself now so you can remain asleep, which is fine.. it's just not Truth. 

Even Leo says that there's risks with psychedelics. So it's not just stories to remain asleep. 

12 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

@Mason Riggle  I've done more potent psychedelics than you and I went farther than most here dare to, I can all but guarantee it. .

Are you so sure? Wanna trade stories?? You think you're the only one who ever tripped balls into insanity? 

5 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Even Leo says that there's risks with psychedelics. So it's not just stories to remain asleep. 

^more stories.. it's all an illusion designed in such an infinitely beautiful way that you've forgotten that you forgot who you really are.. 

25 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

@Mason Riggle Oh give me a break. :D I've done more potent psychedelics than you and I went farther than most here dare to, I can all but guarantee it. If you want to pretend that you can simply pop some drugs and *PUF* you're enlightened, be my guest. It's a nice fantasy but it won't get you there.

Get over your idea it's about strength. It's not. It's about the actual awakening.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Such a waste of psychedelics when you start to flex about trips ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Get over your idea it's about strength. It's not. It's about the actual awakening.

Get over your idea that you know what psychedelics are. You don't. Neither does Leo for that matter.

@impulse9 Leo will tell you psychedelics are a tool.. a useful tool to 'get you there'.. 

Like a car.. if you want to get somewhere, and I tell you that getting in a car and driving will get you there easily, this is true, even though walking will also get you there, albeit rather slowly and laboriously... but 'getting there' has little to do with what kind of car, how fast it is, what color it is, etc... you still need a map, and a good idea of how to read it.. etc.    

Edited by Mason Riggle

1 hour ago, Adamq8 said:

Because he is you speaking to you about what you are.

Technically, it's nothing, apparently speaking/appearing, to nothing else, a description of what nothing is -- freedom; all there is. And actually, that's technically all that ever happens, if we're going to be as perfectly imperfectly precise as possible. xD

Edited by The0Self

22 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Are you so sure? Wanna trade stories?? You think you're the only one who ever tripped balls into insanity? 

Yes, I'm sure. Otherwise you'd very well know that you don't know, and you would willingly admit it.

Just now, Mason Riggle said:

@impulse9 Leo will tell you psychedelics are a tool.. a useful tool to 'get you there'.. 

You are wrong, and so is Leo. They are not a tool. Comparing them to a car is simply comical.

@impulse9 I suppose all metaphor is lost on you. You'll never see the forest through all those trees. 

@Mason Riggle Semantic mazes have stopped impressing me since I was 13. None of you have actually any clue what you're dealing with when you're talking psychedelics. You're gonna create a lot of suffering for yourself and others with that kind of foolishness.

42 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Which me is still conscious? I don't believe the self-me experiences a subjective conscious viewpoint when the self-mind is gone.

I only think nothingness is conscious BECAUSE it's the only way by which "somethings" can have an actuality. I don't think it has anything to do with the self-mind at all. I don't think the self-mind has any consciousness whatsoever. I think it's a "thing" like all other things.

I envision a blank piece of paper which is nothingness. Draw some shape on it which represents perception. And then the void is conscious of that perception/form. Now erase the shape. The paper goes nowhere but the shape just vanishes. That's what I see happening to the self-mind... Consciousness continues because if it didn't there wouldn't be anything which is impossible. But I don't think consciousness is something the self mind owns but vice versa I think the self-mind is like a temporary puppet plaything.

@RMQualtrough Exactly. That's how I see it too.