Thought Art

Leo, how much have you read into Taoism?

107 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Once you realize you are God you don't need to read any more spiritual teachings.

All spiritual teachings are nonsense. God consciousness is the true teaching.

does that make your book list futile

or should the stuff be learned first and then let go in your opinion?

7 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Dudes, i think everything is just vibrational, in a sense. 

so the universe is a big dildo?

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

See, nuance is needed here...

Well, it is Love... Maybe it's more like a song.. or a Universe.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

Yeah an infinite and eternal dildo probably appearing to be us. 

My favourite funny Leo Quote Atm... something like... "You don't know what God is unless you can see God in a Strip Club"

ahaha

◭"89"

Books are thought art. If you love art, enjoy art. Art has no purpose, therefore its "purpose" is to communicate the magic and liberation of that. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 hours ago, Thought Art said:

You know, I have heard Leo saying a few things that confused me like.

1. There is only one bubble

2. There are infinite bubbles

3. I don't have my own bubble

4. It's just you or it's just You (I can't tell)

So, I sense even he is still integrating and coming to greater understanding. As well, still developing how best to communicate! 

It's because there's you and You. The little you being an object or thing like any other. You capitalized being conscious nothingness which is unified indivisible and one.

This is exceptionally confusing.

Teachings and awakenings and meditation and drugs are games, no different from playing GTA or some shit. Do it if you ENJOY it like how you would with anything else. Because ultimately it is about bringing little you into alignment with You, but it's impossible because little you is an object and to fully integrate into You, the self you vanishes completely. So there's nobody left to experience the benefits of your work if you ever did achieve it, and if you don't you are still in the appearance of duality regardless. And actually the appearance of duality is utterly inescapable because nothing and something can't be seperated...

So even when little you "wins the game" and disappears, You continue to experience duality eternally... Capital You does not give a FUCK about your pain or spiritual growth or desires, it just observes them always impartial.

Edited by RMQualtrough

@RMQualtrough Does "death" sets you free in a way you forget that you "won the game" and start the process all over again?

Edited by Tyler Durden

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

@RMQualtrough Does "death" sets you free in a way you forget that you "won the game" and start the process all over again?

No because you are just an object like a thought. There's not actually any person at all. Like a thought, the human you takes form then retracts back into formlessness or nothingness (AKA "consciousness"). It's You which is eternal, and the illusion of duality.

There's no point to this except for reasons pertaining to the self you.

7 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

No because you are just an object like a thought. There's not actually any person at all. Like a thought, the human you takes form then retracts back into formlessness or nothingness (AKA "consciousness"). It's You which is eternal, and the illusion of duality.

There's no point to this except for reasons pertaining to the self you.

I understand the part with retracting back to formlessness/nothingness but I guess that state isn't permanent, illusion of duality is again restored. Does that happen with a completly new thought or the old one is reused?

All spirituality is a human invention. Its entire purpose is to lure the practitioner to become conscious. Spirituality is just a tool, so when the purpose is accomplished it is no longer needed.

People get attached to spirituality the same way religious people get attached to their religion. There is no real difference. You are looking for some self-definition and spirituality can be very sophisticated so it is adopted by the mind.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I understand the part with retracting back to formlessness/nothingness but I guess that state isn't permanent, illusion of duality is again restored. Does that happen with a completly new thought or the old one is reused?

The thing is that there isn't a you that loses the illusion of duality and then comes back to it... That illusion persists non-stop (it can't ever stop) and you the self-mind vanishes.

Even from moment to moment it's not like there's a constant you. Just capital You which is just the awareness without attribute. The continuous self-you experience is due to memory and other functions of the human mind. But the self-you object is always morphing. There's not really a self-you entity that continues unchanged from moment to moment.

Even on bufo trips like Leo does, there is still duality, and the experience is still happening to Leo (hence we don't all trip out every time he smokes it, and only he has the memory of that experience). If Leo experienced nonduality that would be cessation AKA nothingness. It can't be experienced at all. Only duality can be experienced and that's WHY duality is permanent or there'd just be nothingness which is impossible.

@RMQualtrough Interesting perspective. I always presumed that in the "beginning" there was just the formless void/nothingness/God and then it became/created this dualistic dream that is being currently experienced through this human form. Are you saying that this state is eternal because non-duality can't be experienced?

Edited by Tyler Durden

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

). If Leo experienced nonduality that would be cessation AKA nothingness. It can't be experienced at all. Only duality can be experienced and that's WHY duality is permanent or there'd just be nothingness which is impossible.

Nothingness = Consciousness. 

You can be formless Nothingness, without any imaginations (your room, body sensations, thoughts...) and still be conscious. 

Cessation or unconsciousness doesn't exist, since Reality is Consciousness. 

Cessation is imaginary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Hey, everybody points this out to you, but don't take it from newbies like us, take it from Daniel Ingram or other teachers. You are obviously trying to understand reality and succeed pretty well in doing so IMO.
You're gonna say that some of the modern Masters haven't had as deep realisations as you, and that might be true, because they are not necessarily into metaphysics and psychedelics.
You find yourself in a situation where you compare teachers based on their level of (God) realisation and not traditional eastern enlightenment. 
Also, enlightened Masters tend to forget how life was having a sense of self, after a while.

You're not gonna get good feedback from us, so you should probably keep in touch with other traditions and masters. 
I hope you're open for teachers making your spiritual assessment. You might be in a trap.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you see yourself in what Daniel Ingram wrote here?

https://www.mctb.org/mctb2/table-of-contents/part-iii-the-samatha-jhanas/28-the-formless-realms/

Limitations of Concentration Practice

Just to drive this point home, an important feature of concentration practices is that they are not liberating in and of themselves. Even the highest of these states ends. The afterglow from them does not last long. Regular life and reality might even seem like an assault when that afterglow has worn off. However, jhana junkies abound in all traditions and even outside traditions, and many have no idea that this is what they have become. I have a friend who has been lost in the formless realms for over twenty years, attaining them again and again in practice, rationalizing that he is doing Dzogchen practice when he is just staying in the fourth through sixth jhanas, and further rationalizing that the last two formless realms are “emptiness”, and that he is enlightened. This story, or a version of it, repeats countless times. It is a true dharma tragedy.

Unfortunately, as another good friend of mine rightly pointed out, it is almost impossible to reach such people after a while. They get trapped in temporary attainments so exquisite that they have no idea they are in prison, nor do they take at all kindly to suggestions that this may be so, particularly if their identity has become bound up in their false notion that they are a realized being. Chronic jhana junkies are fairly easy to spot, even though they often imagine that they are not. We are all presumably able to take responsibility for our choices in life, so if people want to be jhana junkies, that’s their choice, and the jhanas clearly beat most things one could become addicted to. However, when people don’t realize that this is what they have become and pretend that what they are doing has anything to do with insight practices, that’s a truly lost opportunity to put those attainments into the service of achieving actual realization and true freedom.

@Endangered-EGO I never speak about Jnanas and I consider all Jnanas to be bullshit in the end.

God-realization is not a Jnana at all. And from my best understanding, Daniel Ingram is not conscious of what God is. His book certainly does not suggest so.

You say Leo is playing games. But maybe it is Daniel who's playing games. How would you know the difference?

Who's playing the Buddhist arahat? I don't go around calling myself an arahat. I'm simply claiming you're God imagining Daniel Ingram. So who's playing whom? ;)

If you are open to masters or teachers or teachings, you haven't realized that you're God.

Kill the fucking Buddha. He's just your dream. Or keep dreaming you're a Buddhist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura So, does God realization remove the need to read or learn?

I assume not. So, a God realized person can and likely would still use teachings for growth.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

11 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura So, does God realization remove the need to read or learn?

When you are God-conscious it makes no sense to read or learn.

In that state, reading a book about enlightenment is the exact same as visualising a unicorn. That book has no more value for understanding Reality than that unicorn.

4 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

When you are God-conscious it makes no sense to read or learn.

In that state, reading a book about enlightenment is the exact same as visualising a unicorn. That book has no more value for understanding Reality than that unicorn.

Okay, that is fine I know this from experience.

But life isn't lived in God Mode 24/7.

I guess it's context..

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"