machinegun

Does anybody else feel uncomfortable listening to stage green music

38 posts in this topic

I would say I'm 40-60% stage green, but the music of stage green is emotionally unbearable. I listen to stage orange music- pop and rap, but whenever someone plays or I try to listen on my own to stage green indie music, my body physically reacts. Why is it so damn emotionally uncomfortable.

@machinegun I would take this as an indication that you may not be interpreting your stage of development accurately. Either that or whoever is categorizing the music into stages isn't evaluating it correctly. What is their method of testing the music?

Edited by Matthew85

@Matthew85 Stage orange music as in produced by record companies for the purpose of making money, and stage green music as music produced by an individual artist (or sometimes with the help of a record company) but more so with the intention of making music that comes from the core and triggers deeper emotion.

Also, why would this mean I'm not interpreting my stage of development accurately?

What constitutes what puts one music genera, band, or song into one SD stage vs another? Is it the tempo? What instruments are used? The words in the lyrics? I think music transends Spiral Dynamics. It's a matter of personal preference if it's good or not, or meaningful or not.

@machinegun Thank you for the clarification. You may be interpreting your stage correctly. That is something only you can intuitively know. In my opinion I don't think we can accurately categorize all music from a record company as being in a specific category. There are just too many factors that go into creating music. These different scales of consciousness people come up with are interesting, but I wouldn't use them in a rigid way. More as a general guide or outline. 

1 hour ago, machinegun said:

but whenever someone plays or I try to listen on my own to stage green indie music, my body physically reacts. Why is it so damn emotionally uncomfortable.

Because you've been conditioned to repress certain strong emotions. So when those emotions are stirred up in you (by the music, in this instance), they trigger those patterns of emotional resistance in your body and that's what creates the discomfort.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

I CAN´T stand Indie, emotional, immature, heartbreak music.

God i hate those weak hipsters.

Maybe you're just not into indie music lmao. 

By the way, I didn't know each stage had music associated with it. I like listening to black metal, is that stage red music or what? 

@sleep Authentic rap, for instance is red, but unless black metal is about shooting people and raping woman, it may be harder to classify. 

@Javfly33 look guys, it's an alpha

@Sempiternity It's not an individual factor, it's all factors combined. I get that you like music, and music does have the power to transcend words and pierce our deepest emotions- BUT, don't think that it's above spiral dynamics. If a stage red, blue, orange, green person makes music they suddenly have the ability to go beyond limiting beliefs and stigmas they have?? Don't fuck with me. Music is a reflection of what stage you are.

@RickyFitts that actually might be the truth, right there.

@machinegun

Listen to Michael Jackson's green songs.. 

Heal the world

Man in the mirror

The lost children

We are the world

People of the world

I just can't stop loving you

Earth song

... continue the list. 

I think music might not be the right indicator of your spiral development. 

Cuz when it comes to music the only thing that indicates its place on the spiral is the lyrics. However, for some people the sound / vibe of the music matters as much if not more than the Lyrics. This is simply individual preference. 

However the songs I listed above are stage green in lyrics and are really beautiful. Let me know if you like them:) 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

14 minutes ago, machinegun said:

If a stage red, blue, orange, green person makes music they suddenly have the ability to go beyond limiting beliefs and stigmas they have?? Don't fuck with me. Music is a reflection of what stage you are.

I'd disagree with that. As a musician I feel an inner source within myself where the music is coming from. This source is beyond my own limitations and can create beauty and intelligence that is beyond my own development. I can create and sing beautiful songs about love and peace that deeply move people without being a believer or experience of love and peace. However, the music you make of course is likely to correspond to your own spiral development, but it doesn't have to be that way. 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

19 minutes ago, machinegun said:

stfu dumbass. It's not an individual factor, it's all factors combined. I get that you like music, and music does have the power to transcend words and pierce our deepest emotions- BUT, don't think that it's above spiral dynamics. If a stage red, blue, orange, green person makes music they suddenly have the ability to go beyond limiting beliefs and stigmas they have?? Don't fuck with me. Music is a reflection of what stage you are.

Watch it with the insults. That's not tolerated here.

What SD stage someone is at when they make said music, does not necessarily correlate with the SD stage the person listening to it is at. And it's subjective how that person interprets said music. Two people at the same stage could interpret the same music totally different ways. 

@machinegun look, almost like your username: machinegunkelly & young thug

"Ectasy"

(Pure codeine, I need extra now
Pure codeine, I need extra now, yeah
Pure codeine, I need extra now)
Pure codeine, I need extra now, ecstasy
Pure codeine, I need extra now, ecstasy
Pure codeine, I need extra now, ecstasy (Wah, wah)
Pure codeine, I need extra now, privacy (Yeah)

[Chorus: Young Thug]
Molly, Roxies
Oxycontin (Yeah)
Jubilee, Ostrich (Uh-uh)
Ten a key, we need thousands (Okay)
I can take the stick and I can lift it up (Yeah)
I can take this bitch and I can lift her up (Ayy)
I just took a bankroll and I lift it up (Okay)
I just drunk a PT, it was double sealed up

This is the best music right now. Hip hop is the new rock and roll. And young Thug is right now the top 3 most important musician in the whole world (I'm not joking). 

@Gregory1 People compromise their core all the time in the music industry to sell an image or make money. This is usually the stage orange corporations who force them.

@Sempiternity You're trying to inject nuance into something that's not very complicated. Spiral dynamics is a model, being detailed is not its specialty. Music wise, love and peace is green. Music about killing people is red. I guarantee that if you were to look on the website or in the book, their would be artists or music genres listed as examples of the stages.

@Hello from Russia Tribal Music- Purple, N.W.A-Red, The soviet anthem-Blue, EDM-Orange, John Lennon-Green

@Javfly33 The majority of society is low conscious. The fact they listen to songs with lyrics like that is more proof

What do you mean when you say Green music? Let me hear it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Here's the first example I came across in a quick search on YouTube. It's a simple song of native chanting, drums, and flute. This could have been made by stage Purple tribal native amaicans, or it could have been produced by stage Orange producers, or it could be construed as stage Green (or above) spiritual music. See how personal the experience is to each listener.