Heal the world

Man in the mirror

The lost children

We are the world

People of the world

I just can't stop loving you

Earth song

... continue the list. 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

@Carl-Richard @Gregory1 Also songs that inspire social change, like Bob Dylan, or that "if I had a hammer song". I do really love some stage green music. It fills you with love

1 hour ago, machinegun said:

@Sempiternity You're trying to inject nuance into something that's not very complicated. Spiral dynamics is a model, being detailed is not its specialty. Music wise, love and peace is green. Music about killing people is red. Tribal Music- Purple, N.W.A-Red, The soviet anthem-Blue, EDM-Orange, John Lennon-Green

I think you're oversimplifying something that is actually quite detailed and complex, hence why Leo has over 30 hours dedicated to the subject. 

@Sempiternity Ok look. 30 hours to explain the level of consciousness of every human being on earth, NOT ABOUT THE SPIRL DYNAMICS OF MUSIC. Earlier, I said that you could probably find examples of music listed on the spiral dynamics website or book. Leo literally saids examples of music genres/artists that are examples of the stage he is talking about. 

I'm not interested in some technical gotcha, the vast majority of music can be placed into the categories listed by spiral dynamics.

@Gregory1 @machinegun I see. I like to evaluate songs more based on aesthetics than just lyrics. For example, when I think of Green music, I think ambiguous/mixed genres, use of self-reference, irony, not taking oneself too seriously, social commentary (often about the downsides of Orange and appealing to the underprivileged). By the way, most love songs have nothing to do with Green :P 

This is a Green gem that I found just recently that is an extreme example of all the characteristics I mentioned (except the social justice component xD):

...on another note, this song tells a story about a homeless man (Aqualung) and how people like him are viewed by society. It was also considered genre-bending for the time (progressive rock), and yes I'm a boomer :D:

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

then what are the "highest stages" of music?

That is for the musicians to decide :P. I know about some Tier 2 musicians. However, none of this theorizing captures the essence of music.

@machinegunThese strike me as yellow did not find anything else that for me that is yellow in their overall approach to artistry as well as ideas. Sort of non-linear, meta, chaotic not in a stage red sense yet that there is somewhat an underlying structure to the chaos itself. There is no inherent message or appeal to smth. 

Djent strikes me as red / orange / yellow sort of 

A list of genres with stages would be cool to check-out.

Unsure what to think about this because this seems more yellow/Turqouise to me in some sense because being seems to be in the foreground. 

4 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

then what are the "highest stages" of music?

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Gregory1 @machinegun

...on another note, this song tells a story about a homeless man (Aqualung) and how people like him are viewed by society. It was also considered genre-bending for the time (progressive rock), and yes I'm a boomer :D:

???? Jethro Tull is the BEST

More or less Green for OP:

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

are song parodies considered stage yellow? since they integrate multiple things, namely comedy and the original songs

Also, where do songs withouth lyrics fall? Electronic music, instrumental music, orchestra... 

7 minutes ago, sleep said:

Also, where do songs withouth lyrics fall? Electronic music, instrumental music, orchestra... 

Not all music can be placed on the spiral. Only music that explicitly expresses some values. This seems to be most common at stage green. There is a beautiful variety of ways to express values, for most other stages it's just usually not done in the form of music at such a large scale. Stage green values have a unique richness in expression through music.

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

13 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

Stage green values have a unique richness in expression through music.

Like avant-garde, orchestral concept albums shitting on consumerism xD

Greggery Peccary is the reincarnation of Pope Gregory(Gregorian calendar). Industry and consumerism is the center of culture as opposed to the church from the days of yore