Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terell Kirby

Zen Devils on the forum

17 posts in this topic

Definition of Zen Devilry: Taking the teachings of God, and turning them into the workings of the devil.

I have fallen prey to zen devilry many times throughout doing this work. Beware of how your mind uses spirituality to make itself seem  above others, or to excuse low consciousness behaviors.

A common form of Zen devilry is: “God loves me absolutely, therefore I can do whatever the fuck I want. It’s not like I have free will any way.”

Its true that God loves absolutely, but that doesn’t help you as a human ego with your everyday existence. This mindset will backfire on you.

Another common form of Zen devilry: “ I’m so special because I’m God Realized, I understand reality and materialist are idiots. I don’t need money, fame or sex to feel happy. I have God realization.”

Most of you think this intellectually, but you are not even close to being sincere about it. If you still fear the death of your body, mind and loved ones, you have not transcended material existence. God doesn’t judge humans for being materialist..only spiritual egos who think they have transcended materialism have.

Humility is key, this shit requires enormous work and a keen ability to call ourselves out on our own bullshit.

Nothing wrong with bullying materialists a bit here and there in my opinion

Edited by Jakuchu

2 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

Nothing wrong with bullying materialists a bit here and there in my opinion

What pay off are you getting from it?

Just now, Terell Kirby said:

What pay off are you getting from it?

The same pay off they get when they ridicule Spirituality, Metaphysics, Mysticism, Religion, Shamanism, New Age and basically everything that doesn't fit into their narrow materialistic atheistic worldview :)

2 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

The same pay off they get when they ridicule Spirituality, Metaphysics, Mysticism, Religion, Shamanism, New Age and basically everything that doesn't fit into their narrow materialistic atheistic worldview :)

I see. However, we don’t have to stoop to that level. It’s tempting to project our value system on those we see acting ignorant. But restraint is required for those on the path…even when payback seems like the best way to deal with devils. Weaponizing spirituality is easy work, maintaining composure is harder.

1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

I see. However, we don’t have to stoop to that level. It’s tempting to project our value system on those we see acting ignorant. But restraint is required for those on the path…even when payback seems like the best way to deal with devils. Weaponizing spirituality is easy work, maintaining composure is harder.

True, true. If we stoop to their level it's more difficult to pretend we're better than them. 

We often think that we suffer because other people need to change, but by thinking others need to change, we solidify our belief that we should stay the same, which what we are in that moment... is suffering. It's an awful vicious circle, that goes no where. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

My first response actually was a bit sarcastic. I don't spend my time on or off the internet bullying materialistic people. Although sometimes when I philosophize I get frustrated at how materialistic the current Zeitgeist is 

Edited by Jakuchu

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

We often think that we suffer because other people need to change, but by thinking others need to change, we solidify our belief that we should stay the same, which what we are in that moment... is suffering. It's an awful vicious circle, that goes no where. 

This is powerful. I want to really sit and contemplate this.

It bears the question of what change actually is...deep stuff, thank you.

8 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

I don't spend my time on or off the internet bullying materialistic people. Although sometimes when I philosophize I get frustrated at how materialistic the current Zeitgeist is 

Lol I can relate. At times I wonder why I even began the path of enlightenment seeing as how much frustration is caused once you begin to see reality clearly. Yet that is small piece of ego that is going through a process of dissolving. 

And it doesn't go quietly for sure..

Zen Devilry is almost a Guarantee as most people are Devils, and as you begin along this practice you are creating a false identity as a spiritual person, your ego mind is distorting reality and the poor habits of your upbringing are still largely operating within you.

My advice for myself is simply to be a real person, warts and all.

Be easy on yourself and honest with yourself as you work through your maturing and purification process. Don't beat yourself up for mistakes in the process. 

However, don't shy away from healthy shame and radical self honesty. I've made plenty of Zen devil mistakes. Yet, I am continuously cleaning up and maturing, grounding myself and developing a nuanced and mature understanding of the spiritual landscape. 

You are bound to trip a few times when you step out into the dark. But, in time your eyes adjust... and soon the sun rises.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

9 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Zen Devilry is almost a Guarantee as most people are Devils, and as you begin along this practice you are creating a false identity as a spiritual person, your ego mind is distorting reality and the poor habits of your upbringing are still largely operating within you.

Very true, we often underestimate the power of the ego mind. We think our spiritual insights are untouchable. but nothing is untouchable to the ego.

One could write an entire book on ego, how it works and what it's ultimately here for. It wants survival at all cost, and can turn anything into a means to an end..including spirituality. 

Edited by Terell Kirby

The problem is that you are completely free to justify whatever bullsh*t your mind wants. And it's very relative. But for me i hold evil as something absolutely bad in many cases. Because if i torture someone, he will not enjoy it. So i see it as an absolute, more than something relative. 99.99% of people would NOT enjoy it if i was to torture them so it's bad. 

I don't want to cause uneccesary suffering to other people. Because i wouldn't enjoy it if someone did the same thing to me. If someone was about to torture me, i wouldn't say ''oh thats not absolutely bad'' lol. All that philosophy would simply fly out of the window. And you would say to yourself how terrible and bad your situation is. So lets not fool ourselves.

Edited by SQAAD

Yes

I

am

one of them.

I

had a SAE and decided to go back to sleep. Although is like I am pretending I am asleep.

I

can't unseen what I have seen.

What is ironic is eventually you become aware you are only arguing, debating or ridiculing yourself. Continue playing that game if it amuses you, or not. Ultimately, it makes no difference. 

9 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

A common form of Zen devilry is: “God loves me absolutely, therefore I can do whatever the fuck I want. It’s not like I have free will any way.”

Lol if this is truly zen devilry then wow what a doozie... that might as well be a teenager’s reaction to taking a bit too much acid ?